From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:10 AM
To: flicktype@groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] What's going on with Flicktype?

Hello,

I was just wondering what's going on with Flicktype?
I saw a beta come out a few months ago, and have heard nothing sinse.

JP Shandra

Hey Guys,
Ashley sent out a note about a week ago. It stated that Kosta was doing some changes on the backend. That can take time. They also have a new addition to their family. Not to sound obnoxious, but be patient.
I’m sure updates will come soon enough.
Best, jp

On Jan 17, 2019, at 9:12 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

Hi Jessica,

Why not just be patient a bit longer, I'm sure Kosta and Ashley are working on the next update, but don't forget that they are just two people with a new baby who may also have other commitments.

I was just wondering what's going on with Flicktype?
I saw a beta come out a few months ago, and have heard nothing sinse.

Thanks, guys, in case you missed the update we sent out last week. Kosta has been working away at rebuilding the entire typing engine from scratch. It may seem like nothing is happening, but Kosta is working 18 hour days to get this done as quickly as possible. I've been swamped with our kids, our young baby has been sick for many days now with a lung infection, so we apologize that we've been more quiet than usual.

We'll keep everyone posted.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:47 AM, JP Shandra wrote:

Ashley sent out a note about a week ago. It stated that Kosta was doing some
changes on the backend. That can take time. They also have a new addition to
their family. Not to sound obnoxious, but be patient.

Gordon

You guys take your time and don't let this stress you out. What you're working on will be awesome when we get it. What we have now works well and I use it constantly. I text all the time and don't even use dictation anymore because of how well this app works.

On 1/30/2019 12:57 PM, FlickType wrote:
Thanks, guys, in case you missed the update we sent out last week. Kosta has been working away at rebuilding the entire typing engine from scratch. It may seem like nothing is happening, but Kosta is working 18 hour days to get this done as quickly as possible. I've been swamped with our kids, our young baby has been sick for many days now with a lung infection, so we apologize that we've been more quiet than usual.

We'll keep everyone posted.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:47 AM, JP Shandra wrote:

Ashley sent out a note about a week ago. It stated that Kosta was doing some
changes on the backend. That can take time. They also have a new addition to
their family. Not to sound obnoxious, but be patient.

JP Shandra

Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery of the lil one.
Best,
JP

On Jan 30, 2019, at 11:04 AM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

[...]

Jessica D

Hi,
I never received an email from the developers.
When was it sent?

On Jan 30, 2019, at 2:20 PM, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

[...]

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Le 30/01/2019 à 19:57, FlickType a écrit :
Thanks, guys, in case you missed the update we sent out last week. Kosta has been working away at rebuilding the entire typing engine from scratch. It may seem like nothing is happening, but Kosta is working 18 hour days to get this done as quickly as possible. I've been swamped with our kids, our young baby has been sick for many days now with a lung infection, so we apologize that we've been more quiet than usual.

We'll keep everyone posted.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:47 AM, JP Shandra wrote:

Ashley sent out a note about a week ago. It stated that Kosta was doing some
changes on the backend. That can take time. They also have a new addition to
their family. Not to sound obnoxious, but be patient.

Paula Page

Bless you both! I hope your little one is better very soon. Please tell Kosta not to work so hard, there is no rush, the app is working well.

Paula X

On 30 Jan 2019, at 18:57, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks, guys, in case you missed the update we sent out last week. Kosta has been working away at rebuilding the entire typing engine from scratch. It may seem like nothing is happening, but Kosta is working 18 hour days to get this done as quickly as possible. I've been swamped with our kids, our young baby has been sick for many days now with a lung infection, so we apologize that we've been more quiet than usual.

We'll keep everyone posted.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:47 AM, JP Shandra wrote:

Ashley sent out a note about a week ago. It stated that Kosta was doing some
changes on the backend. That can take time. They also have a new addition to
their family. Not to sound obnoxious, but be patient.

JAKE JOEHL <jajoehl@...>

Hi Ashely and Kosta. No apology necessary. Hope your baby gets well soon. I've honestly been rather busy myself, and the wi-fi here has been up and down. I also just got an Amazon Echo for my birthday, and have been having a lot of fun with that. My social life outside of technology has been rather busy as of late too. Needless to say I have not been using your app much but I like it.
All the best,
Jake

--Please visit me at https://jazzyjj.dreamwidth.org .

On Jan 30, 2019, at 12:57 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks, guys, in case you missed the update we sent out last week. Kosta has been working away at rebuilding the entire typing engine from scratch. It may seem like nothing is happening, but Kosta is working 18 hour days to get this done as quickly as possible. I've been swamped with our kids, our young baby has been sick for many days now with a lung infection, so we apologize that we've been more quiet than usual.

We'll keep everyone posted.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:47 AM, JP Shandra wrote:

Ashley sent out a note about a week ago. It stated that Kosta was doing some
changes on the backend. That can take time. They also have a new addition to
their family. Not to sound obnoxious, but be patient.

Jessica D

Hello,
I agrre, but its been over a month since the last update, and Apple doesn't like the wy Flicktype charges.
I'd hate to see the app banned from the app store because of this.
In order to fix the issue, they need to release an update soon.

On Jan 31, 2019 11:01 AM, JAKE JOEHL <jajoehl@...> wrote:
[...]

Hey Jessica,

In this thread just a couple of messages down Ashley wrote:

Thanks, guys, in case you missed the update we sent out last week. Kosta has been working away at rebuilding the entire typing engine from scratch. It may seem like nothing is happening, but Kosta is working 18 hour days to get this done as quickly as possible. I've been swamped with our kids, our young baby has been sick for many days now with a lung infection, so we apologize that we've been more quiet than usual.

I think you just need to be a little bit patient and give these guys a break with constant nagging about an update. I’m sure they are doing what needs doing with Apple and if Kosta is working hard on a major update and it’s not ready then it’s not ready.

Regards,

Sieghard

[...]

Hello All,
Thank you for saying that Sieghard. An update will come. Heck, Kosta and Ashley update far more frequently than other developers.
Life happens... They are balancing the app, baby and another young child.
The VI community was known to alienate the Fleksy development team. Please don’t make these kind people regret developing this app.
Be grateful, not entitled. Sorry if I offend some with this message.
Thanks Ashley and Kosta. For your valuable time and app.
Best,
JP

On Jan 31, 2019, at 8:29 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

Alan Robbins

I wonder why the entire thing needs to be rebuilt? Seems to me and has been working pretty good. I’m just curious

On Jan 31, 2019, at 11:51 AM, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

[...]

Chuck Dean

One of the requests was to have FlickType understand context and to remember previously and commonly used words. Perhaps this is what he is working on.