Topics

Watch app

Ken Clarkg

How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

Chuck Dean

Hi ken.,
Kosta wrote me last night and said the watch app is too buggy, so he is working on it and will have a better build soon.😎

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 8:33 AM, Ken Clarkg <khclark1@...> wrote:

How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

Tyler Wood

Hold up, what app for the apple watch?

If there is an actual keyboard this is going to be a life changer for me. Wow!

On 08-Oct-2018 10:33 AM, Ken Clarkg wrote:
How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

Kosta is working on a highly experimental watch app, that at this time actually can not do anything because the watch does not support any type of keyboards.☹️

He is looking for work arounds and hopes to develop the first keyboard for the visually impaired to be used on the apple watch!
I assume it will work like the demo version of flicktype where we will type in text and then export it to other apps, which will work fine for me.😎

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hold up, what app for the apple watch?

If there is an actual keyboard this is going to be a life changer for me. Wow!

On 08-Oct-2018 10:33 AM, Ken Clarkg wrote:
How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

Good luck, Kosta, but for me there are things which make sense and things which don’t make sense and I’m sorry to say that a keyboard for a tiny screen like the Apple Watch doesn’t make sense to me.

That is what dictation is for, but then again I’m open to being surprised although I just can;’t see myself writing a long email to somebody using my Apple Watch.

Regards,

Sieghard

Kosta is working on a highly experimental watch app, that at this time actually can not do anything because the watch does not support any type of keyboards.☹️

He is looking for work arounds and hopes to develop the first keyboard for the visually impaired to be used on the apple watch!

I assume it will work like the demo version of flicktype where we will type in text and then export it to other apps, which will work fine for me.😎

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hold up, what app for the apple watch?

If there is an actual keyboard this is going to be a life changer for me. Wow!

On 08-Oct-2018 10:33 AM, Ken Clarkg wrote:

How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

I doubt I would ever write a long email on the FlickType watch app, but there have been some times when I needed to reply to a message or email and did not feel comfortable dictating my response in public.

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

Paula Page

But it would be great not to have to dictate a short message sometimes, I’m looking forward to if the app can be developed for the watch successfully

Paula !

On 8 Oct 2018, at 17:14, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

I guess if you have an Apple Watch with cellular you may occasionally have only the watch and not your phone, but really how often do people leave their phones at home. Then of course there is the issue regarding that urge that one always has to look at an incoming email or text and reply. I don’t know how old you are, Chuck, but I’m 51 and grew up in a time when back in Germany we had a relatively large house on our farm where 4 generations of the family lived together and we had a landline with 1 single rotary phone in the entire house, later on (probably in the 80’s) my parents had an extension in the bedroom, but there was no answering machine or anything like that so if somebody called and nobody was there to answer then they would just have to call back. I more and more find it refreshing to leave my phone in the bedroom when my wife and I have breakfast or dinner or to simply ignore an incoming call while we eat and if I receive an email or text and I can’t reply just in that moment then so be it, the world goes on.

Regards,

Sieghard

Kosta is working on a highly experimental watch app, that at this time actually can not do anything because the watch does not support any type of keyboards.

He is looking for work arounds and hopes to develop the first keyboard for the visually impaired to be used on the apple watch!

I assume it will work like the demo version of flicktype where we will type in text and then export it to other apps, which will work fine for me.😎

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hold up, what app for the apple watch?

If there is an actual keyboard this is going to be a life changer for me. Wow!

On 08-Oct-2018 10:33 AM, Ken Clarkg wrote:

How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

JP Shandra

This would be welcome for quick response to text, or jot a quick idea, or note. I would use phone for long email. As for dictation, there’s scenarios when not comfortable using that method.
Best,
JP

On Oct 8, 2018, at 11:19 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
[...]

Hi,

This isn't only for writing long emails. How can one input a password to a wireless network? If I know there's wireless network at a friends house and I don't want to bring my phone, especially now that the watch has background audio apps like audible, outcast, etc, I can leave it at home. It would be slow, more than likely, but doable. And what if dictation just refuses to get a word added properly? It won't let you delete that last word. It has to be the entire thing all at once, so I'd have to dictate all over again. That's probably my biggest pet peeve. Of course, I could be doing something very wrong.

On 08-Oct-2018 11:14 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

[...]

I am 65, and like you I remember those old days when I would pick up the receiver and hear the operator say, number, please.

But I do a lot of day trading, something I couldn't do before the iPhone, and I fine a need to be in constant communication to stay one step ahead.😎

I just thought of another reason to have flicktype on my Apple Watch... Its a cool new gadget, that even my fat cat sighted friends won't have.👍

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 12:28 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

Ah, but in Germany we never had such a thing as an operator, at least not since the 70’s when I can remember using a phone. Also I now know the problem, you are much older than me and probably starting to be a little funny/senile *grin*

Kosta is working on a highly experimental watch app, that at this time actually can not do anything because the watch does not support any type of keyboards.

He is looking for work arounds and hopes to develop the first keyboard for the visually impaired to be used on the apple watch!

I assume it will work like the demo version of flicktype where we will type in text and then export it to other apps, which will work fine for me.😎

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 8:38 AM, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:

Hold up, what app for the apple watch?

If there is an actual keyboard this is going to be a life changer for me. Wow!

On 08-Oct-2018 10:33 AM, Ken Clarkg wrote:

How do you get that new app for the Apple Watch where you get it thank you Ken

Chuck Dean

Hello sieghard,
I was just playing with the fliktype keyboard for the Apple Watch.I think the watch keyboard has some real potential. I was actually shocked how well it typed. Amazing it can differentiate the different taps on such a tiny screen.😎

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 8, 2018, at 3:44 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

[...]

Eileen Misrahi

Hi Chuck,

I know this is relatively new, so what issues do you think may make using Flicktype on the watch difficult? Only have had my first watch for a short time. Thought of pudding the beta on the watch. Any thoughts on doing it?

Thanks for your advice.

Best,
Eileen

At this time there is nothing you can do with a keyboard on the Ample Watch, so there is no reason to install it.

Kosta send out an experimental keyboard only to see if people could actually type with it, which I could.
Now he needs to develop an app which could take the text and export it to other Apple Watch apps.

I am sure kosta will figure something soon.😎 Apple

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 10, 2018, at 8:42 AM, Eileen Misrahi <eileen.misrahi@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

I know this is relatively new, so what issues do you think may make using Flicktype on the watch difficult? Only have had my first watch for a short time. Thought of pudding the beta on the watch. Any thoughts on doing it?

Thanks for your advice.

Best,
Eileen

Jessica D

Hi,

How did you get access to it?

I’m on the beta, but never got a notification.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10