Topics

Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Tj Squires

Hello, all,

Perhaps someone has encountered this issue and can assist me!  When I open up FLickType, I am able to see the screen just fine -- it works as expected, if I turn off voiceover.  So, to explain a little bit, my problem is this:

When I have Voiceover active and open Flick Type, I am unable to utilize the app; all of my voiceover gestures perform their voiceover equivolents.  I have heard that it is possible to utilized FlickType without turning off Voiceover.  Therefore my problem is me!  :).  What setting may I have toggled that shouldn't be, weather with Voiceover, or Flicktype itself?

To be clear, the app will not type when I tap the screen unless Voiceover is off.  I can't get it to function while voiceover is off --
so for example going to the menu requires me to tripple tap home, swipe up with two fingers, and then tripple tap home to turn it back on.

I am using latest     iOS with an iPhone 7.  I am not on the beta but will send the email if this problem will go away

Thanks for your assistance!

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>

Do you have touch typing or direct touch active? As long as one of those are enabled, and standard typing isn’t, you should be fine? Try rotoring to see whether direct touch is enabled and make sure it is.

Benny Barber

That's perplexing. Is the voice feedback set to on in settings in FlickType?