Topics

Typing Punctuation

Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...>

Hello,
I often enter an address, say info@..., and I swipe right twice
to insert a period. I should tap the numbers icon and then type
period... I would like to use a gesture, say flick right three times
to enter a period without adding a space before the period.
What do you all think?

Ken Clarkg

You never swipe right till the whole address is dine and it's a swipe fight and hold which acts like go, you get your period from the keyboard after using a two finger double tap.

On Sep 21, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...> wrote:

Hello,
I often enter an address, say info@..., and I swipe right twice
to insert a period. I should tap the numbers icon and then type
period... I would like to use a gesture, say flick right three times
to enter a period without adding a space before the period.
What do you all think?

JP Shandra

Hello,
I have often wondered if this could be added to the punctuation flick list. Having @gmail, @yahoo, etc be pre -set actions.
Like an emoji you can save in settings, maybe you can save your most used .com, or .org.
JP

On Sep 21, 2018, at 8:15 AM, Ken Clarkg <khclark1@...> wrote:

You never swipe right till the whole address is dine and it's a swipe fight and hold which acts like go, you get your period from the keyboard after using a two finger double tap.
On Sep 21, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...> wrote:

Hello,
I often enter an address, say info@..., and I swipe right twice
to insert a period. I should tap the numbers icon and then type
period... I would like to use a gesture, say flick right three times
to enter a period without adding a space before the period.
What do you all think?

Hi Canyon, JP,

Thanks for the suggestions. For now, I do want to make sure that you're aware of manually entering emails, including the period and then flicking right after the entire email is entered as Ken stated above. We will be looking into a better way to enter emails, we used to have the @gmail, @yahoo, etc as pre-sets above the keyboard at JP suggests but still trying to figure out whether the old way is the best way.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Ashley

JP Shandra

Thanks Ashley,
I know everyone has their own typing styles. For me, I could see it speeding up my typing. Although, I can't complain about my speed. FlickType has certainly improved my productivity.
bTW, I just switched to annual subscription. Thank you for giving us that option. It's a pleasure to have developers like you and Kosta so dedicated to the visually impaired community.
Warmest Regards,
JP