Topics

Some feedback on the released version

Christo de Klerk <cjdk@...>

Hello

FlickType is working really well on my iPhone 5C. It is a pleasure to use it and I am looking forward to its new developments.

There is just one issue I notice which I don't know if it might already be a known issue. When I use the app in landscape mode (which I find rather nice), I notice that the lift to speak feature does not work.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards

Christo de Klerk

Hi Christo, and thank you for the kind words.

The earpiece proximity sensor seems to automatically be disabled by iOS when holding the device in landscape orientation. I don't think there's anything we can do about that, unfortunately, but we might add a new gesture to perform the read back function soon.

Hello, as a fellow landscape flicker, if I want to hear what I typed, I just turn my iPhone into portrait mode and put my hand over the ear piece. Of course, I do not have the keyboard locked in landscape mode.

Chuck

On Apr 27, 2018, at 8:51 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Christo, and thank you for the kind words.

The earpiece proximity sensor seems to automatically be disabled by iOS when holding the device in landscape orientation. I don't think there's anything we can do about that, unfortunately, but we might add a new gesture to perform the read back function soon.

- Kosta