Topics

Question: German Language support

Matthias Lindemann

Dear Developer Team,

is the support of the FlickType German language keyboard planned for the future?
If not by now, I honestly request for this feature which will support all blind user who live in Germany, Austria and Suisse.
If yes, when can we expect this feature?

Many thanks in advance for any kind of information on this topic.

Kindest regards

Matthias Lindemann

Am 08.08.2018 um 20:55 schrieb FlickType <@FlickType>:

Please always restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to hello@flicktype.groups.io. Thank you!

What's new:
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it after you space. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile!

Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.

Thank you for supporting FlickType, and please tell your friends if you are enjoying it!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your message. We've had very few requests for German so far, but I've made sure to take note of your request. We will be developing German, but we do not yet have an estimated time of arrival, as we only have one developer at the moment and it's hard to predict.

We'll be sure to keep everyone updated when it's ready!
Ashley

Matthias Lindemann

Hi Ashley,

Many thanks for your quick answer.

I’ll cross my fingers and will wait for good news on this topic.
Many blind users really wait for a german version of Flicktype, in particular former fleksy users like me will
welcome your tailor-made alternative solution wich really fits our needs.

Best regards

Matthias

Am 09.08.2018 um 20:16 schrieb FlickType <@FlickType>:

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your message. We've had very few requests for German so far, but I've made sure to take note of your request. We will be developing German, but we do not yet have an estimated time of arrival, as we only have one developer at the moment and it's hard to predict.

We'll be sure to keep everyone updated when it's ready!
Ashley

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

hi Ashley, Kosta and all,

you know now that we are many non-English potential flick type users. Is there any way we can help speed things up? I know you've discussed that already, but think of a way all non-English users could join to add more languages to flick type.

Cheers,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet