Topics

Problems with latest FlickType Keyboard 3.4 #206 downloaded from Apps Store

Hi Ashley, Kosta, and List,

I've pretty much been sticking to the FlickType Keyboard version available in the Apps Store in order to enjoy continuity with how the app works. I upgraded this morning to version 3.4 #206 and it seems to be a bit of a pig's breakfast as compared to the version I upgraded from . Specifically, I've noticed these issues when typing in a new message text field:

1.   Instead of announcing the word just typed with my set high quality voice, it is using the compact version of my default voice. However, if I flick down to select another word, the announced word is spoken with the high quality voice. This is most distracting and I'd prefer that everything be spoken with my default high quality voice.

2.   When I swipe again to place a period after the last word in a sentence, the last word is spoken again as opposed to period being spoken.

3.   The single finger swipe up and hold to switch keyboards doesn't seem to be working as consistently as in the previous version.

I did reset my keyboard after updating to this latest version and I'm using an iPhone 8 running iOS 12.01.

If there are any settings I can do to correct the issues listed above, I'd love to know what they are. Otherwise, can you please address the issues in a future release?

Thanks.

Alan Lemly

Hi Alan,

Thanks for reporting and sorry about the issues. We were able to reproduce the voice issue and the period issue. I think it may be related to the voice feedback setting that we recently made some changes to. Kosta will look into this when he gets back from a tech talk at our local low vision center, though it could take a couple days to get through Apple review and into the App Store. As for the 3rd issue with dismissing the keyboard, I am unable to reproduce this issue. Are you using the system keyboard? Does this happen in a specific app? What size keyboard are you using?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 07:43 AM, Alan Lemly wrote:

2.  When I swipe again to place a period after the last word in a sentence,
the last word is spoken again as opposed to period being spoken.

Hi Ashley,

I've determined that after I installed this latest FlickType release, my settings were changed from full screen to half screen mode. After I changed them back to full screen mode, the keyboard is once again behaving as I like without the change to the compact voice or the issue not speaking the period at the end of a sentence. The single finger swipe up and hold to switch keyboards also seems to be working correctly so maybe that was a one time issue for me or we also won't rule out operator error.

Thanks so much for your reply and I'll report any other issues I come across as I continue to update the keyboard.

Alan Lemly

On Oct 27, 2018, at 12:20 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Daniel McGee

Alan, haven't tried this myself but have you tried your test using minimal layout instead?