Topics

Problems upgrading from the demo version

leonard morris

I downloaded the app again, but I can not figure out how to upgrade to the full version to subscribe to the annual fee option.

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

Hi Leonard,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Will you please elaborate on your issue? Did you download the app from the App Store, then go to the upgrade tab in FlickType? If you can please walk us through what you did, we can help you figure it out or perhaps you're experiencing an unintended issue that we need to fix.

Thank you!
Ashley

leonard morris

I re- downloaded the app from the app store because I deleted it a while back and just used the classic.

1. I tried restore from the upgrade screen but of course the app said  I did not have a subscription. So, I tapped ok.

2. I clicked on upgrade from the downloaded app. I copied the long ID with four finger tripple tap to the clipboard but didn't no where to go from here.

On 9/25/2018 7:00 PM, FlickType wrote:
Hi Leonard,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Will you please elaborate on your issue? Did you download the app from the App Store, then go to the upgrade tab in FlickType? If you can please walk us through what you did, we can help you figure it out or perhaps you're experiencing an unintended issue that we need to fix.

Thank you!
Ashley

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs, and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."

George Cham

Hello,
I tried purchasing the app through the beta version.
However, it said that I was already subscribed.
I tried purchasing the one year option.
But of course I'm running a beta version, and no money will be taken off my store credit.
The only option I found was to remove the app and get it from the appstore.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2018 2:43 pm
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Problems upgrading from the demo version

I re- downloaded the app from the app store because I deleted it a while
back and just used the classic.

1. I tried restore from the upgrade screen but of course the app said  I
did not have a subscription. So, I tapped ok.

2. I clicked on upgrade from the downloaded app. I copied the long ID
with four finger tripple tap to the clipboard but didn't no where to go
from here.

On 9/25/2018 7:00 PM, FlickType wrote:
> Hi Leonard,
>
> Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Will you please elaborate on your issue? Did you download the app from the App Store, then go to the upgrade tab in FlickType? If you can please walk us through what you did, we can help you figure it out or perhaps you're experiencing an unintended issue that we need to fix.
>
> Thank you!
> Ashley
>
>
>

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs, and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."

Hi Leonard, George,

Thanks for the support, means a lot to us! No need to remove the beta version when you update to the store version, but you do need to be on the store version to upgrade to the subscription. When you search for FlickType on the App Store, actually click on FlickType and go to the App page and then press download to ensure you get the App Store version. Once you download the app from the App Store, go to the upgrade screen and you will have two options available 1) 1-week trial, then monthly, and 2) 1-week trial, then yearly. You do not need to click restore at the top right, instead simply click on which of the two subscriptions you'd like to sign up for. Once you click on the option you'd like, Apple's standard payment agreement prompt should pop up asking for your password or your touch ID after following the prompt you should be subscribed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:56 PM, George Cham wrote:

However, it said that I was already subscribed.

George Cham

Hi Ashley,
I tried upgrading to the store version from the beta.
However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 5:16 am

Hi Leonard, George,

Thanks for the support, means a lot to us! No need to remove the beta version when you update to the store version, but you do need to be on the store version to upgrade to the subscription. When you search for FlickType on the App Store, actually click on FlickType and go to the App page and then press download to ensure you get the App Store version. Once you download the app from the App Store, go to the upgrade screen and you will have two options available 1) 1-week trial, then monthly, and 2) 1-week trial, then yearly. You do not need to click restore at the top right, instead simply click on which of the two subscriptions you'd like to sign up for. Once you click on the option you'd like, Apple's standard payment agreement prompt should pop up asking for your password or your touch ID after following the prompt you should be subscribed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:56 PM, George Cham wrote:

>
> However, it said that I was already subscribed.
>

Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:

George Cham

Hi Ashley, the message I’m getting when I hit the restore button is error your     already subscribed, thank you for your support

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 8:01 am

Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley

>
> However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.
>

Chuck Dean

Hi George,
Ignore the restore button.
in the center of the upgrade screen you should have two options, one week free, then ninety nine cents a month,

Or

One week free, then eleven ninety nine per year.

These are US amounts, so yours will be different. 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Sep 27, 2018, at 3:34 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Ashley, the message I’m getting when I hit the restore button is error your     already subscribed, thank you for your support

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 8:01 am

Thanks,
Ashley

>
> However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.
>

MariaRosa Chapman

HI.

i was able to upgrade successfully.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded. Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria

On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks,
Ashley

George Cham

Hi maria,. I think you keep only one version of the app

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 5:18 pm

HI.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded. Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria

> On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?
>
> Thanks,
> Ashley
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:
>
>>
>> However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.
>>
>
>
>

Chuck Dean

Just leave it alone. When you install a beta version from test flight, it will over write the app store version.
There is no need to install the beta at this time, as the beta and app store versions are the same. 

Chuck (mobile)

On Sep 28, 2018, at 12:18 AM, MariaRosa Chapman <bubbygirl1972@...> wrote:

HI.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded.  Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria

On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks,
Ashley

MariaRosa Chapman

HI Chuck.
thanks.

Maria

On 28 Sep 2018, at 7:23 pm, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Just leave it alone. When you install a beta version from test flight, it will over write the app store version.
There is no need to install the beta at this time, as the beta and app store versions are the same. 

Chuck (mobile)

On Sep 28, 2018, at 12:18 AM, MariaRosa Chapman <bubbygirl1972@...> wrote:

HI.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded.  Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria

On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks,
Ashley