Please always restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- New half-screen, direct-commit mode where all text changes are instantly reflected in the current text field. This currently only works for non-VoiceOver users due to iOS limitations, but we are still looking for ways to bring it to VoiceOver users as well.
- The "Next keyboard" key and setting will be hidden on devices that have a dedicated, always-present "Next keyboard" key (such as the iPhone X), or if FlickType is the only keyboard in the keyboard list.
- Reading back your text with a 3-finger press can now also be done with 2-fingers. This should also allow Accessibility Zoom users to utilize this feature, which previously conflicted with the zoom gestures.
- Words will now also be spelled after moving the cursor.
- Added voice feedback when VoiceOver is disabled.
- Add setting to toggle "Voice Feedback", enabled by default.
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile! Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.
Thank you for supporting FlickType, and please tell your friends if you are enjoying it!
Kosta and Ashley