From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of via
Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:04 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.

Hello.

Today I started trying out flick type, I like it, but if I'm listening to
audio on my iPhone and I invoke the flick type keyboard, the audio stops.
Why is this so?

Jessica D

Hello ,

I've noticed this too
Sent fro.m my iPho, when listening to podcasts, or any audio for that matter. This is definitely a serious bug, and should be fixed as soon as possible. This is just a thought, but maybe it has something to do with the voice feedback setting that can be enabled when voiceover is turned off.

Also, as I type, FlickType will randomly crash. I'm using an iPhone X, running iOS 11.4.1 e

On Aug 27, 2018, at 7:45 AM, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes, I just noticed this the other day while listening to a baseball game
with the MLB at bat app, very annoying. Hopefully this will be addressed.
However, that said, still a lot of positives when using this app. I still do
dictate whenever possible as it is much preferred and much quicker. However,
when I do need to type I love the flicktype app.

Al

Today I started trying out flick type, I like it, but if I'm listening to
audio on my iPhone and I invoke the flick type keyboard, the audio stops.
Why is this so?

Hi All,

Our users have been able to listen to music and podcasts without issue while using FlickType when their audio playback is set to unduckable and not customizable in the FlickType settings. You may need to restart the audio once after changing the setting but it should work from there on out. If you still have trouble, please restart your device and try again.

Jessica,
Will you please use this link and send us the information to help us find the crash. Please don't worry about the screen recording bullet for now, but please do send the crash logs and the remaining information: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello/wiki/Reporting-Bugs

Thanks!
Ashley

Does this mean if I have audio ducking on music will stop? If so then I think that should be fixed because I prefer to have this on.

Our users have been able to listen to music and podcasts without issue while using FlickType when their audio playback is set to unduckable and not customizable in the FlickType settings. You may need to restart the audio once after changing the setting but it should work from there on out. If you still have trouble, please restart your device and try again.

Jessica,
Will you please use this link and send us the information to help us find the crash. Please don't worry about the screen recording bullet for now, but please do send the crash logs and the remaining information: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello/wiki/Reporting-Bugs

Thanks!
Ashley

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi
My personal preference is for the music/podcast to stop when using FlickType as you are relying on the voice feedback in FlickType while typing. I am not able to appreciate a good song or interesting podcast whilst trying to decipher the spoken words in FlickType. So, I like it the way it is currently. As with most things, a settings option to change this can suit everyone though and risks making the app more complex than necessary. Who said being an app developer was easy (
Regards
Scott Field

´╗┐On 2018/08/28, 06:42, "hello@flicktype.groups.io on behalf of Sieghard Weitzel" <hello@flicktype.groups.io on behalf of @Sieghard> wrote:

[...]

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

Edited

Hi Scott, and Sieghard,
Hehe, yes, though we always try to do our best to accommodate as many people as possible. As it is now, there's an option so that you can either listen to audio while typing or so that the audio does not interfere with typing depending on preference. The opposite setting from unduckable is customizable, and yes, the music should not play with this setting on.

Warmly,
Ashley