Topics

Microsoft Outlook for IOS issues

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi

I am sure Kosta and Ashley know this, but just in case you don’t, the issues in Outlook for IOS persist in the latest beta update.

It would be great if this bug could be resolved.  Other than this minor issue, I absolutely love the keyboard.

Thank you

signature_1994727947

Scott Field

Senior Development Manager | Group Technology | Nedbank Ltd

1st Floor, Clocktower, Cape Town, South Africa

PO Box 1144, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa

T +27 (0)21 412 3174  F +27 (0)21 412 0000  C +27 (0)81 018 9199  @ Scottf@...

Website nedbank.co.za

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - At Nedbank we are committed to minimising our environmental impact and encourage the preservation of natural capital

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Hi Scott,

Thanks for bringing this issue up. Would you mind reminding us exactly what you're experiencing with Outlook? This issue has been reported a couple of times and I believe changed slightly over the weeks, so a refresher is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ashley

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi Ashley
When you type out a plain text email such as the FlickType beta emails, all works perfectly, but if I reply to an email that was sent in html i.e. has the footer logo present, fancy fonts, etc, then FlickType simply doesn't work, types garbage, backspace doesn't work, says it is at the beginning of document when it isn't, etc.
It is hard to figure out exactly what the list of bugs are, I think the fact that it is not functional with rich text/html based emails is the key. I just tested replying to an HTML based email using my gmail app and found that typing was ok, but backspacing wouldn't delete all the typed text either, so there certainly seems to be something up with HTML based emails.
Sorry I can't be more specific. If you don't find the issue, I will put out an exact use case and send you the results.
Regards

Website nedbank.co.za <http://www.nedbank.co.za/>

On 2018/10/19, 20:55, "hello@flicktype.groups.io on behalf of FlickType" <hello@flicktype.groups.io on behalf of @FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Appreciate the detailed response. Adding your notes to our bug reporting system. I'll have Kosta follow up if he has any questions when he starts working on this issue.

Thanks, again!
Ashley