Topics

Losing focus

Daniel McGee

Hi all

Is anyone suddenly experiencing the loss of Flicktype focus in the default mail app with the current app store version? By loss of focus , I mean that the Flicktype keyboard will suddenly disappear on me and take me back to the default one. After this though, the FlickType keyboard fails to come back , even when I double tap on the button.

Hi Daniel. Have you tried restarting your device? And what iOS version are you on?
- Kosta

Daniel McGee

Hi Kosta .Hi Kosta,
Yes I have tried restarting my iPhone 8. Issue came back though. Version 11.4.1 (15G77)

Should I try deleting FlickType and downloading a fresh copy from the App Store again.

Am thinking something happened when I moved from beta, back to release version.On 9 Sep .2018, a:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel. Have you tried restarting your device? And what iOS version are you on?
- Kosta

Daniel McGee

Ok, I have deleted flicktype, restarted my device and installed a fresh copy of the app. This made no difference though.

Its gotten to the point where I am having to resort to FlickType classic to enter my text. And paste it in text areas.

If you like, I could send you a screen recording of the problem and we could proceed from there.

Regards

Daniel

On 9 Sep 2018, at 03:16, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta .Hi Kosta,
Yes I have tried restarting my iPhone 8. Issue came back though. Version 11.4.1 (15G77)

Should I try deleting FlickType and downloading a fresh copy from the App Store again.

Am thinking something happened when I moved from beta, back to release version.On 9 Sep .2018, a:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel. Have you tried restarting your device? And what iOS version are you on?
- Kosta

Daniel McGee

Kosta, think I figured out what was going on. Installed the beta again, and noticed that the half screen option was selected. Somehow, this must of gotten stuck when moving back to the released version on the app store. I have changed it back to: full screen mode and touch wood, all is working well at present. ☺️

So sorry for making you think there was a bug when in fact, it was human error on my part. ☹️

On 9 Sep 2018, at 16:11, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

[...]

Paula Page

This happened to me a month ago, but actually, I had the opposite problem. When the full screen was activated, it kept throwing me out of the Flicktype keyboard, but putting it on the reduced setting seemed to solve it. I did also eventually take Flicktype out of my keyboards, then put it back, so I’m not sure if it was finally that which sorted out my problem?

Paula

On 9 Sep 2018, at 16:31, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay, we were at a conference over the weekend and then got sick, so we're just now catching up. Thanks for making us aware of the odd issue you experienced. Sounds like all is well now?

Thanks, again!
Ashley

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 08:31 AM, Daniel McGee wrote:

Kosta, think I figured out what was going on. Installed the beta again, and
noticed that the half screen option was selected. Somehow, this must of gotten
stuck when moving back to the released version on the app store. I have
changed it back to: full screen mode and touch wood, all is working well at
present. ☺️

Daniel McGee

Hi Ashley, hope your getting better now! No problem about the delay. Yes, can confirm what I have done, has fixed my own issue. FlickType, is behaving itself now. ☺️