Topics

iOS 14.4 has been released... Fixes the direct touch issue.

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I updated to ios 14.4 which seems to have fixed the direct touch issue with Flicktype.
It took about 15 minutes to update.

Good luck,

BTW,
I had to set the direct touch with the rotor once when I sent my first email, but it has been working fine since.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I updated to ios 14.4 which seems to have fixed the direct touch issue with Flicktype.
It took about 15 minutes to update.

Good luck,

Jennie Facer

Has anyone been able to use Flicktype with their watch as of 7.3? I can’t figure it out.

Jenn

Jenn and Kumi

On Jan 26, 2021, at 11:59 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

BTW,
I had to set the direct touch with the rotor once when I sent my first email, but it has been working fine since.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I updated to ios 14.4 which seems to have fixed the direct touch issue with Flicktype.
It took about 15 minutes to update.

Good luck,

Gina Grunden

 I'm using Flicktype on an IPhone 10 r, and I've found that Flicktype loses focus a lot. It also doesn't seem to say the words when I flick back to delete them. I'll see if using the app in Full screen mode, or one of the other modes makes any kind of difference. kind of difference. :)

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

BTW,
I had to set the direct touch with the rotor once when I sent my first email, but it has been working fine since☺️I can't get FlickType Thanks for the update.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I updated to ios 14.4 which seems to have fixed the direct touch issue with Flicktype.
It took about 15 minutes to update.

Good luck,

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#1763) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [runemagick115@...]

Thank's so much for the update. I'm not finding that the issue is really fixed. I'm using an IPhone 10 R, and every time I use Flicktype I keep losing focus. I'll play around with the different screen modes to see if that makes a difference.

Chuck Dean

Hello Gina,
If you are using FlickType in the native mail app, these kind of problems are inherent, and Kosta has not been able to fix them. It has something to do with the new construction of the mail app by Apple, and Fliktype and Apple‘s iOS mail client does not play well together.
You shouldn’t have these problems in other applications such as messages.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:15 PM, Gina Grunden <runemagick115@...> wrote:

 I'm using Flicktype on an IPhone 10 r, and I've found that Flicktype loses focus a lot. It also doesn't seem to say the words when I flick back to delete them. I'll see if using the app in Full screen mode, or one of the other modes makes any kind of difference. kind of difference. :)

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:59 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

BTW,
I had to set the direct touch with the rotor once when I sent my first email, but it has been working fine since☺️I can't get FlickType Thanks for the update.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I updated to ios 14.4 which seems to have fixed the direct touch issue with Flicktype.
It took about 15 minutes to update.

Good luck,

Peter Torpey

That’s too bad.  If one can’t rely on the keyboard working properly maybe its time to revert back to the standard keyboard.  Flicktype was a nice advance for blind individuals but it does take a lot of support effort to keep these apps running as each new version of the OS and apps come out.  Not an easy task and we’re a very small community of users.

I would love to see apple pick up the flicktype paradigm for it’s own keyboard since, when working properly, it is very easy and efficient to use for blind folks.  But I wouldn’t hold my breath.  Kosta is only one person and eventually one has to move on.

--Pete

[...]

Chuck: Thanks so much for replying. I thought I was doing something wrong. I'm not at all giving up on the app by any means. :-)

I did notice that the app was super snappy once downloading it again, so that was quite exciting.

On 1/26/2021 3:57 PM, Chuck Dean wrote:
Hello Gina,
If you are using FlickType in the native mail app, these kind of problems are inherent, and Kosta has not been able to fix them. It has something to do with the new construction of the mail app by Apple, and Fliktype and Apple‘s iOS mail client does not play well together.
You shouldn’t have these problems in other applications such as messages.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Jan 26, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I updated to ios 14.4 which seems to have fixed the direct touch issue with Flicktype.
It took about 15 minutes to update.

Good luck,

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

Chuck Dean

Hi Gina,
When I want to compose an email, I can post it in the FlickType container app, and then close the app, and then paste it into the message body of the email I want to send, or reply to. Works pretty good, only a couple more movements.

On Jan 26, 2021, at 2:48 PM, Gina Grunden <runemagick115@...> wrote:

[...]

I'd recommend folks try Outlook for iOS as their primary mail app. I switched to it when the main Apple Mail app couldn't keep focus on a message in iOS 13.X and I've never regretted the move. The Direct Touch issue also seems resolved in iOS 14.4 with Outlook for iOS.

Alan Lemly

with Outlook for iOS

[...]

Jessica D

Hi,
I’m not sure who to report this to, but if you want to use the outlook app, and have an Apple Watch, be aware that when you get a notification on your watch, voiceover won’t read it. The way I get around this, is to dismiss the notification, by pressing the digital crown, then going to the notification center, to check it.