IOS 14.3

Chuck Dean

Hello Kosta,
I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
No big deal but I thought you would like to know.

Happy New Year!

Gordon

This will all be fixed with direct touch when IOS 14.4 drops.

On 1/20/2021 12:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
Hello Kosta,
I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
No big deal but I thought you would like to know.

Happy New Year!

Hi Chuck,

I also had that same issue with restoring my purchase after loading the last Flicktype beta and being prompted to upgrade. I ignored the failure and the app has continued to function. Let's hope Gordon is correct that iOS 14.4 will resolve our FlickType issues because I'm getting a bit tired of the direct touch workaround.

Alan Lemly

with Outlook for iOS

I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
No big deal but I thought you would like to know.

Happy New Year!

Gina Grunden

I'm having the same issues as far as FlickType staying in Direct Touch. Too bad there wasn't a way to keep that setting on in the app settings itself.

Gina

On 1/20/2021 1:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
Hello Kosta,
I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
No big deal but I thought you would like to know.

Happy New Year!

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

George Cham

I’m having the same issue using flick type in iOS 14.3

kind regards,

George Cham

I'm having the same issues as far as FlickType staying in Direct Touch.
Too bad there wasn't a way to keep that setting on in the app settings
itself.

Gina

On 1/20/2021 1:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
> Hello Kosta,
> I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
> Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
> No big deal but I thought you would like to know.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Chuck  (mobile)
> Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
>
> Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
>
> Our 1961 Vespa 400

Peter Torpey

Would be nice to know if this is a bug in iOS 14 or Flicktype itself.  The problem has existed for some time now.  If you depend on this keyboard it can be frustrating.

--Pete

I’m having the same issue using flick type in iOS 14.3

kind regards,

George Cham

I'm having the same issues as far as FlickType staying in Direct Touch.
Too bad there wasn't a way to keep that setting on in the app settings
itself.

Gina

On 1/20/2021 1:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
> Hello Kosta,
> I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
> Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
> No big deal but I thought you would like to know.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Chuck  (mobile)
> Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
>
> Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
>
> Our 1961 Vespa 400

Chuck Dean

hi Peter,
Considering the way is behaving, I’m pretty sure it’s an iOS problem, and not a Fliktype problem.

Someone claims that this will be fixed in iOS 14.4. Will have to wait and see!
Although it is kind of a pain, the workaround works OK, it’s only a couple more movements, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it 😎

On Jan 20, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...> wrote:

Would be nice to know if this is a bug in iOS 14 or Flicktype itself.  The problem has existed for some time now.  If you depend on this keyboard it can be frustrating.

--Pete

I’m having the same issue using flick type in iOS 14.3

kind regards,

George Cham

I'm having the same issues as far as FlickType staying in Direct Touch.
Too bad there wasn't a way to keep that setting on in the app settings
itself.

Gina

On 1/20/2021 1:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
> Hello Kosta,
> I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
> Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
> No big deal but I thought you would like to know.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Chuck  (mobile)
> Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
>
> Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
>
> Our 1961 Vespa 400

Gordon

In IOS 14.4 direct touch works as it did in IOS 13. You can set it to be on or off for specific apps, but by default it's on for all apps. So you wont have to turn it on each time you wish to use flick type. I use flick type every single day and it works well. I don't know when 14.4 will go public, but I would think pretty soon. I've been running the beta and it's working well and even has big battery life improvements. So this is an update you'll all want to get as soon as it goes live to the public.

On 1/20/2021 7:22 PM, Chuck Dean wrote:
hi Peter,
Considering the way is behaving, I’m pretty sure it’s an iOS problem, and not a Fliktype problem.

Someone claims that this will be fixed in iOS 14.4. Will have to wait and see!
Although it is kind of a pain, the workaround works OK, it’s only a couple more movements, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it 😎

On Jan 20, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...> wrote:

Would be nice to know if this is a bug in iOS 14 or Flicktype itself.  The problem has existed for some time now.  If you depend on this keyboard it can be frustrating.

--Pete

I’m having the same issue using flick type in iOS 14.3

kind regards,

George Cham

I'm having the same issues as far as FlickType staying in Direct Touch.
Too bad there wasn't a way to keep that setting on in the app settings
itself.

Gina

On 1/20/2021 1:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
> Hello Kosta,
> I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
> Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
> No big deal but I thought you would like to know.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Chuck  (mobile)
> Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
>
> Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
>
> Our 1961 Vespa 400

Peter Torpey

Well we’ll keep our fingers crossed.  Thanks.

--pete

I’m having the same issue using flick type in iOS 14.3

kind regards,

George Cham

I'm having the same issues as far as FlickType staying in Direct Touch.
Too bad there wasn't a way to keep that setting on in the app settings
itself.

Gina

On 1/20/2021 1:25 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
> Hello Kosta,
> I just updated to iOS 14.3 and I am having the same problems others are having with the iPhone staying on direct touch, but I have figured out a work around.
> Also, when I tried to restore my purchase of FlickType, after updating, it failed multiple times, so I just bought it again.
> No big deal but I thought you would like to know.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> Chuck  (mobile)
> Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.
>
> Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe
>
> Our 1961 Vespa 400

Chuck Dean

Gordon,