Topics

iOS 13.3 and flicktype across the system

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

I have had exactly the same problem, tried everything to sort it out, but I can’t seem to, so have given up with FlickType, sadly.

Paula

On 18 Dec 2019, at 21:30, Luke Davis <newanswertech@...> wrote:

After update to iOS 13.3, Flicktype still doesn't work system wide.

I removed and re-installed the app, and still it does not work.

I can change keyboard to imoji. After that, the next keyboard button says "Flicktype", but when I tap it, it just goes back to the English keyboard.
In fact, it still announces "next keyboard: flicktype", but if I actually read the button, it isn't Flicktype, but either Imoji or English.

And yet some of you are having success on iOS 13.3? What are your settings?

Luke

Gordon

I just did some testing and the appearance is different on my iPhone 7 than it is on my 10R. On my 10R the dictate button is there on the bottom right side of the screen. However there is no dictate button on the 7 while flick type is the active keyboard. On the 10R, a double tap of the next keyboard button will cycle through all of my keyboards. However on the 7, I have to double tap and hold the next keyboard button and slide my finger up the side of the screen. As I make my way to the top it will announce different keyboards. So you just release your finger when you're on the one you want. So you want to try double tapping and holding the next keyboard button and sliding up to get the one you want to be active. But the next keyboard button is not there on the 7 when flick type is active. So I do a slide up to have flick type advance to the next keyboard.

On 12/19/2019 2:08 AM, Paula Page wrote:
I have had exactly the same problem, tried everything to sort it out, but I can’t seem to, so have given up with FlickType, sadly.

Paula

On 18 Dec 2019, at 21:30, Luke Davis <newanswertech@...> wrote:

After update to iOS 13.3, Flicktype still doesn't work system wide.

I removed and re-installed the app, and still it does not work.

I can change keyboard to imoji. After that, the next keyboard button says "Flicktype", but when I tap it, it just goes back to the English keyboard.
In fact, it still announces "next keyboard: flicktype", but if I actually read the button, it isn't Flicktype, but either Imoji or English.

And yet some of you are having success on iOS 13.3? What are your settings?

Luke

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

I’ve tried all that, just can’t get the keyboard up.

On 19 Dec 2019, at 08:42, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

[...]

Paula and Luke,

I apologize if you've already stated this but have you gone to Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards, FlickType and confirmed that allow full access is turned on? If yes, why not turn off full access, play around with keyboard input, and then turn FlickType's full access back on?

I have had exactly the same problem, tried everything to sort it out, but I can�t seem to, so have given up with FlickType, sadly.

Paula

On 18 Dec 2019, at 21:30, Luke Davis <newanswertech@...> wrote:

?After update to iOS 13.3, Flicktype still doesn't work system wide.

I removed and re-installed the app, and still it does not work.

I can change keyboard to imoji. After that, the next keyboard button says "Flicktype", but when I tap it, it just goes back to the English keyboard.
In fact, it still announces "next keyboard: flicktype", but if I actually read the button, it isn't Flicktype, but either Imoji or English.

And yet some of you are having success on iOS 13.3? What are your settings?

Luke

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

Hi, yes I have done all that, but my FlickType container app doesn’t open either. I think I am going to just delete it, I don’t wish to subscribe to something that isn’t going to work, and doesn’t seem to be being developed now. Thank you for your help though.

Paula

On 19 Dec 2019, at 15:19, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

[...]

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I have sent a notice to Kosta to a direct channel I have with him. I will see if he responds.

I haven’t heard anything from Kosta in months, I’m not sure what’s happening but I know he was having some great difficulties with his family earlier this year. I am hoping that he will still be supporting Fliktype, and hope that he will get back to us soon.

On Dec 19, 2019, at 8:41 AM, Paula Page <fairyhugs@...> wrote:

[...]

Luke Davis

Thank you Gordon. That was the ticket! For me, at least.

Double tapping and sliding up gets some extra keyboard options, such as left handed keyboard, and Flicktype.

Thanks again.

Luke

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Gordon wrote:

[...]

Have you deleted the app and installed it again?

What happens when you try to open the app?

What is your device and iOS version?

Luke

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Paula Page wrote:

Hi, yes I have done all that, but my FlickType container app doesn’t open either. I think I am going to just delete it, I don’t wish to subscribe to something that isn’t going to work, and doesn’t seem to be being developed now. Thank you for your help though.

Paula

Luke Davis

Hi Alan. Yes, answered earlier in the thread in my case--I turned everything off there and back on, and also uninstalled the keyboard and installed it again.

But Gordon's solution has worked in my case, though apparently not for Paula. They have changed the multi-way toggle of the next keyboard key in iOS 13, at least on some devices, so that you have to double tap and slide in order for it to work.

Luke

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Alan Lemly wrote:

Paula and Luke,

I apologize if you've already stated this but have you gone to Settings, General, Keyboard, Keyboards, FlickType and confirmed that allow full access is turned on? If yes, why not turn off full access, play around with keyboard input, and then turn FlickType's full access back on?

Alan Lemly

Luke,

That's great that Gordon's advice worked for you. Chuck's advice worked for
me with the Container app. This is why I spend so much time on email lists
because crowd sourcing has provided me with numerous answers through the
years.

Alan