Topics

How do you use FlickType?

Chuck Dean

How do you use FlickType?
Hello everyone,
After a few hours of playing with FlickType I have found the best way, for me, to use this keyboard is to hold it between my hands in landscape mode, with my index fingers over the top, and I type with my two thumbs.
This allows me to hold the iPhone securely and type quickly. I
The only problem I had was inserting a new line, because to flick down with two fingers I had to change my grip, and the new line button on the lower right was a little too awkward for my aging thumbs.
But I found that I can flick down with both thumbs to get the same results.
The more I use this app, the better it gets!

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

Jessica D

Hi,
FlickType is my new favorite way to type.
I find it easiest to use voiceover, and just type like I normally would, with both of my index fingers.

On Apr 9, 2018 2:49 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

How do you use FlickType?
Hello everyone,
After a few hours of playing with FlickType I have found the best way, for me, to use this keyboard is to hold it between my hands in landscape mode, with my index fingers over the top, and I type with my two thumbs.
This allows me to hold the iPhone securely and type quickly. I
The only problem I had was inserting a new line, because to flick down with two fingers I had to change my grip, and the new line button on the lower right was a little too awkward for my aging thumbs.
But I found that I can flick down with both thumbs to get the same results.
The more I use this app, the better it gets!

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>

Interesting! I’ve never done the thumb typing thing. I just hold it in portrate, with my thumbs mostly supporting the phone, or on a flat surface, and just type with my two index fingers.

Paula Page

Hi, how funny, I never thought to use it that way, but it makes sense. I just usually hold my phone in my right hand, and do one finger typing with my left. It is still much quicker than typing on the ordinary keyboard! :)

Paula

On 9 Apr 2018, at 19:49, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

How do you use FlickType?
Hello everyone,
After a few hours of playing with FlickType I have found the best way, for me, to use this keyboard is to hold it between my hands in landscape mode, with my index fingers over the top, and I type with my two thumbs.
This allows me to hold the iPhone securely and type quickly. I
The only problem I had was inserting a new line, because to flick down with two fingers I had to change my grip, and the new line button on the lower right was a little too awkward for my aging thumbs.
But I found that I can flick down with both thumbs to get the same results.
The more I use this app, the better it gets!

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

Yes definitely a lot faster! I?m sure I'll gather speeds equivalent to when the sighted type! Anyway I hold my Phone in my left hand, and use the right index, middle and ring finger for typing. Keep up the great work!

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Chuck,

I hold my iPhone 7 in my right hand and type in FlickType using my left
index finger. It works very well for me that way.