Topics

half screen option

Jessica D

Hi,
I love Flicktype!
There is just one thing I'd like to see in the next version.
Can you include a half-screen option?

Hello Jessica,
A half screen keyboard is in the works, but it is not as easily implemented as you may think.

Probably sometime in the near future.😎

On Jul 6, 2018, at 2:55 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I love Flicktype!
There is just one thing I'd like to see in the next version.
Can you include a half-screen option?

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

that scares me.
Fleksy started with a fullscreen keyboard, just like Flicktype is currently, And that was perfect. Then they went half  size, and that's precisely what made me move away from it. If you can Be smarter than Fleksy then go on.
Best,
JPR

Jessica D

Hi

Think of it this way. Currently, using FlickType, you cannot copy, paste, or edit text. Isn’t that part of typing as well? In other words, you can’t really get the full typing experience unless they do I half screen option.

On Jul 12, 2018, at 4:31 AM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

that scares me.
Fleksy started with a fullscreen keyboard, just like Flicktype is currently, And that was perfect. Then they went half  size, and that's precisely what made me move away from it. If you can Be smarter than Fleksy then go on.
Best,
JPR

Maybe after they have a half screen option they can add something in Settings where the user can select which experience they want, full screen or half screen.

As for are the Flicktype developers smarter than the Fleksy developers that is a difficult question since Kosta was part of the original Fleksy team, but that was years ago and things change and I think right now Flicktype works better than Fleksy ever did.

Regards,

Sieghard

Think of it this way. Currently, using FlickType, you cannot copy, paste, or edit text. Isn’t that part of typing as well? In other words, you can’t really get the full typing experience unless they do I half screen option.

On Jul 12, 2018, at 4:31 AM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

that scares me.
Fleksy started with a fullscreen keyboard, just like Flicktype is currently, And that was perfect. Then they went half  size, and that's precisely what made me move away from it. If you can Be smarter than Fleksy then go on.
Best,
JPR

Hi everyone,

We are working on implementing a half screen option, so you can interact with the app, but the primary way of using the app will be full screen.

Thanks for the feedback!
Ashley