Topics

Great news!

Gordon

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

JP Shandra

Hi,
That’s good to know! I’ve been using touch and slide typing, but nothing beats the speed of FlickType.
Best,
JP

On Oct 10, 2019, at 2:56 PM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

Chuck Dean

😎 Cool Beans! 👍
That’s good news! I have been using the container app, primarily, and it works great. Actually, I am surprised How easily I can edit my posts and emails, before sending them to the clients. It works great!
I think I will continue to use the container app in conjunction with FlickType in other text fields once it is repaired.

On Oct 10, 2019, at 2:56 PM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

Srikanth Kanuri

It’s working as usual. It’s a great news.

On 11-Oct-2019, at 3:26 AM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

JP Shandra

Hello all,
I can also confirm that the 13.2 beta has brought back Flicktype's functionality. Its the smallest things to be grateful for. 😂
If I'm lucky.... My issues with ending calls will be resolved as well
YAY FlickType!!!
Cheers,
JP

On Oct 10, 2019, at 8:31 PM, Srikanth Kanuri via Groups.Io <sri615=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

It’s working as usual. It’s a great news.
On 11-Oct-2019, at 3:26 AM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

Chuck Dean

Hello JP,
How long does it usually takesomething to go from beta to an update?

On Oct 10, 2019, at 8:31 PM, Srikanth Kanuri via Groups.Io <sri615@...> wrote:

It’s working as usual. It’s a great news.
On 11-Oct-2019, at 3:26 AM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

JP Shandra

Hi Chuck,
Each version is different. I left the iOS beta awhile ago, but I’ve had some issues with 13. Instead of complaining. I’ll continue to report bugs. Along with test. Be part of the solution.
Cheers,
JP

On Oct 10, 2019, at 10:09 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

Betas can go several different ways. This one looks like it's coming along quite nicely, so based on my past experiences, I'm going to say that it's possible that you all might have it by the end of the month. Beta two just dropped yesterday, so there might be two more before public release. And they typically do those once per week unless they have to quickly fix something where they could release two betas in one week.

On 10/11/2019 12:09 AM, Chuck Dean wrote:
[...]

OK, thank you for that information.

On Oct 10, 2019, at 10:26 PM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

[...]

Daniel McGee

I'm so glad, as I'm still on 12.4.1 until the flicktype and ios 13 issues were worked out and fixed.

As a norm, I usually wait till  the point two release of a big ios  update. I find that by then it's more stable to use.

On 11 Oct 2019, at 06:38, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

Juliette Swiler <juliette.swiler@...>

I love to use flick type in third-party apps. I just wish it didn’t make that sound every time I touch the screen before I lift my finger. Don’t see a way to disable this sound.

On Oct 10, 2019, at 5:22 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

😎 Cool Beans! 👍
That’s good news! I have been using the container app, primarily, and it works great. Actually, I am surprised How easily I can edit my posts and emails, before sending them to the clients. It works great!
I think I will continue to use the container app in conjunction with FlickType in other text fields once it is repaired.

On Oct 10, 2019, at 2:56 PM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

Diane Spencer <dianestrek@...>

Hello.
What container app? How do I access it? The only container I know is in r o t a And I don't know how you get into that
Diane Spencer

On 10 Oct 2019, at 23:22, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

😎 Cool Beans! 👍
That’s good news! I have been using the container app, primarily, and it works great. Actually, I am surprised How easily I can edit my posts and emails, before sending them to the clients. It works great!
I think I will continue to use the container app in conjunction with FlickType in other text fields once it is repaired.

On Oct 10, 2019, at 2:56 PM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I just downloaded IOS 13.2 beta 2 and guess what? Flick type works as it always had. This is something to get excited about on this Thursday afternoon as we await our cold front. Things are beginning to look more stable like 12.4.1 did all the way through the OS.

JP Shandra

Hello Diane,
The container is in the flicktype app. If you’re running 13.1 it has better functionality then while in other apps.
Best,
JP

On Oct 11, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Diane Spencer via Groups.Io <dianestrek@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Juliet,
If you go to the container app and then go to settings, feedback, and tap volume, you can select to turn the tap volume off completely, or set it at any level you wish.

On Oct 11, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Juliette Swiler <juliette.swiler@...> wrote:

[...]

The container app is the Fliktype app. If you hold down on your home button and when Siri comes on ask her to open Fliktype, it will open the container app.

Simply go to the bottom and select type, double tap this button, and a text field will come up. Now you can type with Fliktype, and once you are done you can export it to email, or messages, or other apps by using the export button in the upper right hand corner. You may need to play with this for a little while, there are other settings under the settings buttons which allow you to set up Fliktype so that once you close the app it will automatically Cut the text so you can pasted into other fields.