Topics

Flicktype makes Whatsapp crash!

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

hi all.

In a WhatsApp group, when I enter the text field and select Flicktype as a keyboard, WhatsApp crashes. Then, I can't even access the text field any more but only in this particular group. If I remove flick type from my keyboards, I can access the text field again, but as soon as I add flick type again, entering the text field crashes WhatsApp. Strange isn't it?

Cheers,

JPR

--
http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet

Jessica D

Hi,
I tested this the other day, and didn't have this issue
I'm using an iPhone x running iOS 11.4.1.
What device and os are you using? This information will assist us in troubleshooting the issue.

On Jul 15, 2018, at 9:53 AM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

hi all.

In a WhatsApp group, when I enter the text field and select Flicktype as a keyboard, WhatsApp crashes. Then, I can't even access the text field any more but only in this particular group. If I remove flick type from my keyboards, I can access the text field again, but as soon as I add flick type again, entering the text field crashes WhatsApp. Strange isn't it?

Cheers,

JPR

--
http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Hi Jessica.
I am using an iPhone seven with iOS 11.4.1. I even tried restarting the iPhone but no luck for the moment.
Cheers,
JPR

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

hello again.
It seems to happen only when trying to send a message to a WhatsApp group, not to a single person. I can't see why that would make a difference, but it does on my phone.
Cheers,
JPR

Sy Hoekstra

I'm having the exact same problems on my iPhone 7 running iOS 11.4 and the most recent FlickType beta

On Jul 15, 2018, at 11:04, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

hello again.
It seems to happen only when trying to send a message to a WhatsApp group, not to a single person. I can't see why that would make a difference, but it does on my phone.
Cheers,
JPR

We are currently investigating the WhatsApp crash. This is a problem with WhatsApp and not FlickType, but we are looking for possible workarounds regardless. Thank you for your patience.

- Kosta

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Hey Kosta.

If it's a WhatsApp issue, is there a way to tell them about it? They have a support page, but how can we explain them what's happening technically speaking, since it only happens with flick type?

best,

Le 15/07/2018 à 20:26, FlickType a écrit :
We are currently investigating the WhatsApp crash. This is a problem with WhatsApp and not FlickType, but we are looking for possible workarounds regardless. Thank you for your patience.

- Kosta

George Cham

I've been using what's app. And have had no crashes. Could the issue be with a older I device with a slower processer? I've using I phone 8.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS