From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Hello Al. I didn't notice this, maybe because I am French and do not use the app as much as you do, but I get the word I want almost on first position every time. I noticed though, that as the keyboard takes the entire screen, it is best to place your hand a little bit higher than you would do with the standard iOS Keyboard.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jpr

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 25 août 2018 à 13:35, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al

Alan Robbins

Ashley,

iPhone 6s.
Don't understand what you mean by keyboard? Nothing external, on the iPhone I have the built in one, flicktype, and imogee. I generally use flicktype and thus the question. I am finding that predictability is better the closer to the letters I get. However, given it is full screen, when I drag my finger around to kind of get an idea of where letters are located compared to the IOS built in keyboard, does not seem that different. Suggestions?

Al