Topics

Flick Type is unusable

leonard morris

I have an use this app in quite some time but today I thought I would go back and use it I find it almost unusable. I can’t start typing even though I know  I am using the typing tab setting.
     the app keeps saying Flick Type over and over again What’s going on?

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Hi Leonard,

do you have a running subscription? Having said that, I haven't found the restore purchase button on the app's setting dialog, I wonder where it's gone, but I am pritty sure you need a Subscription to use the app.

Am I wrong?

Best,

JPR

Le 09/07/2020 à 11:14, leonard morris a écrit :

I have an use this app in quite some time but today I thought I would go back and use it I find it almost unusable. I can’t start typing even though I know  I am using the typing tab setting.
     the app keeps saying Flick Type over and over again What’s going on?

leonard morris

I have a lifetime subscription to this app and it still is not working btw not even the FlickType Classic is not working for me

On Jul 9, 2020, at 6:18 PM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Hi Leonard,

do you have a running subscription? Having said that, I haven't found the restore purchase button on the app's setting dialog, I wonder where it's gone, but I am pritty sure you need a Subscription to use the app.

Am I wrong?

Best,

JPR

Le 09/07/2020 à 11:14, leonard morris a écrit :
I have an use this app in quite some time but today I thought I would go back and use it I find it almost unusable. I can’t start typing even though I know  I am using the typing tab setting.
     the app keeps saying Flick Type over and over again What’s going on?

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi

From my understanding, you don’t need a subscription anymore, it is a once off purchase. And I absolutely love the app, use it all the time, there is no keyboard app that comes even close to it for low vision users.

Regards

Scott

From: <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of leonard morris <lmorris1953@...>
Reply to: "hello@flicktype.groups.io" <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, 09 July 2020 at 12:39
To: "hello@flicktype.groups.io" <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Flick Type is unusable

CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER - Please be careful when opening links and attachments. Nedbank - IT Information Security Department (ISD)

I have a lifetime subscription to this app and it still is not working btw not even the FlickType Classic is not working for me

On Jul 9, 2020, at 6:18 PM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Hi Leonard,

do you have a running subscription? Having said that, I haven't found the restore purchase button on the app's setting dialog, I wonder where it's gone, but I am pritty sure you need a Subscription to use the app.

Am I wrong?

Best,

JPR

Le 09/07/2020 à 11:14, leonard morris a écrit :

I have an use this app in quite some time but today I thought I would go back and use it I find it almost unusable. I can’t start typing even though I know  I am using the typing tab setting.

     the app keeps saying Flick Type over and over again What’s going on?

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

The app and installed keyboard seem to be working fine for me on iOS 13.5.

You may try removing and reinstalling it.

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020, leonard morris wrote:

I have a lifetime subscription to this app and it still is not working btw not even the FlickType Classic is not working for me  Every country has an
identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

Arya

Hi,

I too faced this issue.

Later I found out that we have to turn off slide to type from the voice over rotor for flick type to function.

Hope this helps.

With regards.

Arya.

I have an use this app in quite some time but today I thought I would go back and use it I find it almost unusable. I can’t start typing even though I know  I am using the typing tab setting.

     the app keeps saying Flick Type over and over again What’s going on?

leonard morris

thanks  for the information  that was very helpful in addition to that instruction I had to make sure that direct touch  was turned on in the rotor.

On Jul 9, 2020, at 11:44 PM, Arya <misterenthu@...> wrote:

Hi,

I too faced this issue.

Later I found out that we have to turn off slide to type from the voice over rotor for flick type to function.

Hope this helps.

With regards.

Arya.

I have an use this app in quite some time but today I thought I would go back and use it I find it almost unusable. I can’t start typing even though I know  I am using the typing tab setting.

     the app keeps saying Flick Type over and over again What’s going on?

Arya

Hi,

I am glad that it helped you.

With regards.