Topics

Email Operations for Changing Groups.io List Settings

I run another email list on Groups.io and based on the troubles Tony had
joining this list, I thought I'd recap the things you can do via blank
emails sent to the correct address with a Groups.io subscription. Since this
is the FlickType group, I'm using its name in the send to email addresses.

Here is what you can do just by sending an email:

1. To subscribe: flicktype+subscribe@groups.io

2. To unsubscribe: flicktype+unsubscribe@groups.io

3. To get help: flicktype+help@groups.io

4. To go nomail: flicktype+nomail@groups.io

5. To go to digest delivery: flicktype+digest@groups.io

6. To go to full digest delivery: flicktype+fulldigest@groups.io

7. To return to single message delivery: flicktype+single@groups.io

All of those send to addresses in the list above are live links and should
open an email ready to send in your email client when executed.

Alan Lemly

Tony - The Blind Kind

Thanks Alan. I'll save this message for future reference.

On 4/7/2018 1:09 AM, Alan Lemly wrote:
I run another email list on Groups.io and based on the troubles Tony had
joining this list, I thought I'd recap the things you can do via blank
emails sent to the correct address with a Groups.io subscription. Since this
is the FlickType group, I'm using its name in the send to email addresses.

Here is what you can do just by sending an email:

1. To subscribe: flicktype+subscribe@groups.io

2. To unsubscribe: flicktype+unsubscribe@groups.io

3. To get help: flicktype+help@groups.io

4. To go nomail: flicktype+nomail@groups.io

5. To go to digest delivery: flicktype+digest@groups.io

6. To go to full digest delivery: flicktype+fulldigest@groups.io

7. To return to single message delivery: flicktype+single@groups.io

All of those send to addresses in the list above are live links and should
open an email ready to send in your email client when executed.

Alan Lemly

--

Tony

Creator, The Blind Kind
Lighting Your Way Through Vision Loss
TBK Logo <https://theblindkind.com/>
Twitter: @BlindKindBlog <https://twitter.com/blindkindblog>

Please note that we have now created the alpha@flicktype.groups.io and beta@flicktype.groups.io subgroups. This means that the general group had to change to a flicktype.groups.io type of address, and it is now hello@flicktype.groups.io. I am not sure if the above posted links by Alan will now work, but it's worth a try.

FYI the creation of the 2 subgroups was done for the following reason:

The number of beta testers has increased dramatically, and keeps increasing faster and faster, and with that the number of messages will soon be problematic for folks looking to find something specific as well as keep their inbox under control. The alpha group will take away some of that volume and will also ensure that the beta releases, even though less frequent, will be more polished and probably trigger fewer bug report messages. In a similar fashion, once FlickType hits the App Store later this month, many people will want to join the discussion but will not be interested in anything related to beta or alpha builds.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how we can further improve this, we are open to ideas.
- Kosta

George Cham

Tried to post to the alpha group.
Address not found

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26

Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 6:30:41 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [flicktype] Email Operations for Changing Groups.io List Settings

Please note that we have now created the alpha@flicktype.groups.io and beta@flicktype.groups.io subgroups. This means that the general group had to change to a flicktype.groups.io type of address, and it is now hello@flicktype.groups.io. I am not sure if the above posted links by Alan will now work, but it's worth a try.

The number of beta testers has increased dramatically, and keeps increasing faster and faster, and with that the number of messages will soon be problematic for folks looking to find something specific as well as keep their inbox under control. The alpha group will take away some of that volume and will also ensure that the beta releases, even though less frequent, will be more polished and probably trigger fewer bug report messages. In a similar fashion, once FlickType hits the App Store later this month, many people will want to join the discussion but will not be interested in anything related to beta or alpha builds.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how we can further improve this, we are open to ideas.
- Kosta

Paula Page

I am very confused. If I stay in this group, what messages will I get? Do I need to join a subgroup?

Paula

On 8 Apr 2018, at 21:30, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Kosta

George Cham

Can someone post the new email addresses for the alpha and main beta groups?
I'm confused too.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26

Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 7:37:33 AM

I am very confused. If I stay in this group, what messages will I get? Do I need to join a subgroup?

Paula

- Kosta

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>

Hi Paula,

you're not on your own, i'm very confused too.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 10:37 PM

Paula

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I may have the answer, and then again I may not. I went to the following link:

https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta

There I could subscribe to the Beta group at Fliktype. There are three other members besides me.

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Apr 8, 2018, at 4:20 PM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

Hi Paula,

Dave.

-----Original Message----- From: Paula Page

Paula

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

By the way, once you join this group, the new email is:
beta@flicktype.groups.io

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Apr 8, 2018, at 5:56 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I may have the answer, and then again I may not. I went to the following link:

https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta

There I could subscribe to the Beta group at Fliktype. There are three other members besides me.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Apr 8, 2018, at 4:20 PM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

Hi Paula,

Dave.

-----Original Message----- From: Paula Page

Paula

- Kosta

Gina Grunden

I'm confused as well.

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Dave
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: [flicktype] Email Operations for Changing Groups.io List
Settings

Hi Paula,

Dave.

Subject: Re: [flicktype] Email Operations for Changing Groups.io List
Settings

I am very confused. If I stay in this group, what messages will I get? Do I
need to join a subgroup?

Paula

Please note that we have now created the alpha@flicktype.groups.io and
beta@flicktype.groups.io subgroups. This means that the general group
had to change to a flicktype.groups.io type of address, and it is now
hello@flicktype.groups.io. I am not sure if the above posted links by
Alan will now work, but it's worth a try.

The number of beta testers has increased dramatically, and keeps
increasing faster and faster, and with that the number of messages
will soon be problematic for folks looking to find something specific
as well as keep their inbox under control. The alpha group will take
away some of that volume and will also ensure that the beta releases,
even though less frequent, will be more polished and probably trigger
fewer bug report messages. In a similar fashion, once FlickType hits
the App Store later this month, many people will want to join the
discussion but will not be interested in anything related to beta or alpha
builds.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how we can further improve