Topics

Deletion clicks and latency

Benny Barber

I just started getting key click sounds when deleting. I have deletion sounds turned off. Also, there is some latency while typing that I have not experienced before. This has all just started after a day running build 32. I don't know what's up

Thanks for your message, Benny. Are you saying this issue occurred right after updating to build 32 or it took some time for this issue to occur? Have you restarted your device after you noticed the issue?

Appreciate any details you can provide!
Ashley

Benny Barber

Ashley,

This started after some time. The app seemed to work as it should at first,
but this occurred maybe a day later. When I delete (swipe left), I get a
key tap sound. I also noticed I am getting a double key tap sound when I
two finger swipe right/left to change to numbers/symbols/letters. The same
goes for two finger swipe up for the menu. I get key tap sounds when I
swipe through word options as well. The app seems to be sluggish (all
swipes and tapsalso). Yes, I did turn off my device and restart it and the
symptoms are still there. When I first try to open build 32, I got the
crash. I uninstalled and re-installed and it worked fine at first and these
issues started later. Thanks.

Benny

Thanks for your message, Benny. Are you saying this issue occurred right
after updating to build 32 or it took some time for this issue to occur?
Have you restarted your device after you noticed the issue?

Appreciate any details you can provide!
Ashley

Macster

Regarding the slight slow down that has been mentioned, I have noticed a solution that might or might not be exclusive to my own set up. What I've noticed is I struggle to type and the general focus of VoiceOver on my phone jumps around a bit when I have my charger plugged in. As soon as I take my charger out, everything returns to normal. Can anyone else who is finding build 32 confirm this behaviour? A bizarre one I know, but all I can think of is maybe it has something to do with iCloud backups that are performed when connected to power? Beyond this unusual issue

Thank you, Benny and Alan! Appreciate you two sharing these details as this can help us resolve the issue, we'll look into it this.

If anyone else has noticed this behavior or has anything else to add please do share.

Warmly,
Ashley