Topics

Changing k eyboard problem

Harry Bell

I have just had another problem: I opened my Halifax banking app on my iPhone XS and tried to make a payment to someone. When the text edit field came along to enter the amount, the FlickType keyboard (App Store version with subscription) came up. I started typing numbers but the first tap (as so often) did not register so when I realised I’d typed £00 instead of £100, I tried swiping left to delete but the cursor just jumped back up the page. So tgen I tried changing the keyboard to the iOS by swiping up, but I simply could not get the gesture to work. I never had this problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had to quit the app, reply to an email, where I could change out of FlickType and tgen go back into the banking app where I did not have this time to grapple with the FlickType keyboard. Somehow, it is not working well on iPhone XS for me!
Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Chuck Dean

Hello harry,

This is a known problem with flicktype, which does not play well with financial apps.
Before I open a financial app I open notes and switch to the ios keyboard. This assures you will be able to enter text in all fields.

BTW Kosta is working on a fix.

Chuck (mobile)

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Harry Bell

Thanks so much, Chuck! Glad to know neither FlickType nor I are going mad yet...
Harry

On 28 Sep 2018, at 18:15, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

I don't know if it is possible, but I would like to see the ios keyboard to automatically replace FlickType in all financial apps. The ios keyboard is more secure and usually, in financial apps, there isn't much typing.

I think this is where the problem is. I know that third party keyboards are not allowed to enter passwords.

Chuck (mobile)

On Sep 28, 2018, at 10:26 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

[...]

Shawn Krasniuk

I also noticed that not only does this occur in banking/financial apps, this issue also occurs when you edit information that requires the number pad in the App Store. Examples of these fields are the expiry date entry or the security code entry.

Regards,
Shawn,
Sent from Sophia, the MacBook Air

Facebook Username: Shawn Krasniuk