Topics

Cannot get flick type keyboard or FlickType Classic to work on my iPad

David Speck

Hello,
I have an iPad mini 2 running iOS 12.1. I have not been able to get any version of FlickType Classic to work properly on this iPad in iOS 11 or 12. Whenever I install either one, I can open the app, but when I touch the screen where the keyboard is, voiceover simply says what the opening script for flick flick type is. It never types anything. I cannot select letters or characters. None of the functions work. All I can do is close the app and uninstall it. Any idea why this is not working for me? Is anyone else having this problem? Our my messages to this forum even going through?
Thank you

Hi David,

Hope you received our other reply, will you please confirm that direct touch is enabled within the rotor?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 05:20 PM, David Speck wrote:

d mini 2 running iOS 12.1. I have not been able to get any version of
FlickType Classic to work properly on this iPad in iOS 11 or 12. Whenever I
install either one, I can open the app, but when I touch the screen where the
keyboard is, voiceover simply says what the opening script for flick flick
type is. It never types anything. I cannot select letters or characters. None
of the functions work. All I can do is close the app and uninstall it. Any
idea why this is not working for me? Is anyone else having this problem? Our
my messages to this forum even going through?
Thank you

David Speck

Hello Ashley,
I finally did receive the messages. Thank you for responding. Changing the rotor to direct touch and turning it on did solve the problem with the classic app. I will install the system wide keyboard shortly and give it a try as well.
Thanks again,
Dave

On Dec 12, 2018, at 2:50 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

I just installed the current beta of the system wide keyboard. Functionality does not change regardless of the typing mode. Even direct touch is not solving the issue in the system wide keyboard.

On Dec 16, 2018, at 12:17 PM, David Speck via Groups.Io <sfblessings=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Did you give Flicktype full access in Settings > Flicktype?

[...]

Yes. The classic app now works fine, but the system wide keyboard just won't work.