Topics

Beta expiring soon

Daniel McGee

Hi all

For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.

So, unless a new build comes out between now and the hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.

Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

Daniel McGee

Hi all

For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.

So, unless a new build comes out between now and the hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.

Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

Paula Page

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi all

For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.

So, unless a new build comes out between now and the hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.

Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

George Cham

Hi,
My gut instinct is that FlickType is dead,
Even though the developer has had issues of the last couple of months, I would’ve thought that and email from the developer by now would have told us what was going on.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

JP Shandra

Hello all,
At this point, I’m inclined to agree with George. Sad, but actions would support this logic.
Thankfully slide to type is a huge improvement I’ve Apple’s standard keyboard. I will always be grateful for Fleksy and FlickType rebirth.
Best,
JP

On Nov 6, 2019, at 12:27 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi,
My gut instinct is that FlickType is dead,
Even though the developer has had issues of the last couple of months, I would’ve thought that and email from the developer by now would have told us what was going on.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I’ve been doing beta testing and four different apps for about a year now. I have never heard anything at all from any of the other apps. I sent feedback weekly, and I get no response whatsoever! Kosta is the only person who is ever responded to any of my feedback. Perhaps he started a president that is unprecedented!

The App Store version of FlickType runs very well in most apps. The only app that I’ve had problems with is in the native iOS mail app, and it still types well, but moving around with the three finger and two finger swipe left and right is difficult. Otherwise the app is working fine. If you want to continue to use FlickType I highly suggest that you download the App Store version, I did this at least a month ago.

On Nov 6, 2019, at 2:01 PM, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hello all,
At this point, I’m inclined to agree with George. Sad, but actions would support this logic.
Thankfully slide to type is a huge improvement I’ve Apple’s standard keyboard. I will always be grateful for Fleksy and FlickType rebirth.
Best,
JP

On Nov 6, 2019, at 12:27 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi,
My gut instinct is that FlickType is dead,
Even though the developer has had issues of the last couple of months, I would’ve thought that and email from the developer by now would have told us what was going on.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

JP Shandra

Hello,
I also beta for multiple apps. The only one not to regularly respond is Apple. While I never expect any responses, this app has been radio silent. That’s fine, but only fair for people to be aware of current situation.
Best,
JP

On Nov 6, 2019, at 2:40 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I’ve been doing beta testing and four different apps for about a year now. I have never heard anything at all from any of the other apps. I sent feedback weekly, and I get no response whatsoever! Kosta is the only person who is ever responded to any of my feedback. Perhaps he started a president that is unprecedented!

The App Store version of FlickType runs very well in most apps. The only app that I’ve had problems with is in the native iOS mail app, and it still types well, but moving around with the three finger and two finger swipe left and right is difficult. Otherwise the app is working fine. If you want to continue to use FlickType I highly suggest that you download the App Store version, I did this at least a month ago.

On Nov 6, 2019, at 2:01 PM, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hello all,
At this point, I’m inclined to agree with George. Sad, but actions would support this logic.
Thankfully slide to type is a huge improvement I’ve Apple’s standard keyboard. I will always be grateful for Fleksy and FlickType rebirth.
Best,
JP

On Nov 6, 2019, at 12:27 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi,
My gut instinct is that FlickType is dead,
Even though the developer has had issues of the last couple of months, I would’ve thought that and email from the developer by now would have told us what was going on.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi

I think Kosta was very clear the last time he sent the group an update.  The app is not financially viable and he has a family to support and so would need to focus on income generating operations.  Who of us can blame him, I certainly can’t.

FlickType is the best  keyboard for the visually impaired by far.  It is not dead as the version in the app store works very well with the odd bug, but for everyday use it is a game changer for us and for that I would like to sincerely thank Kosta and Ashley.

The last time the app was about to expire on the beta testing cycle an update came through just in time, I am not convinced there were any major bug fixes, I felt it was a kind person sharing his hard work for people to use for free for a time.  I really don’t understand the negativity that is directed towards them by some members of this group.

Thank you Kosta and Ashley for a brilliant app.

 Regards

 Scott

From: <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of George Cham <George.cham@...>
Reply to: "hello@flicktype.groups.io" <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, 06 November 2019 at 22:29
To: "hello@flicktype.groups.io" <hello@flicktype.groups.io>

CAUTION - EXTERNAL SENDER - Please be careful when opening links and attachments. Nedbank - IT Information Security Department (ISD)

Hi,

My gut instinct is that FlickType is dead,

Even though the developer has had issues of the last couple of months, I would’ve thought that and email from the developer by now would have told us what was going on.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

George Cham

Hi Scott,
I’m not being negative, I understand that Koster now has a family and the app is not  financial  to generate enough income at the moment, however I would expect him to come out and say that the app is no longer being developed.
As a previous contributor has said, the slide to type on the Apple keyboard is far better than FlickType at the moment.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Paula Page

I disagree, flick type is working great for me, especially since iOS 13.2. I will continue to use it until it doesn’t work any more.

Paula

On 7 Nov 2019, at 09:23, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,
I’m not being negative, I understand that Koster now has a family and the app is not  financial  to generate enough income at the moment, however I would expect him to come out and say that the app is no longer being developed.
As a previous contributor has said, the slide to type on the Apple keyboard is far better than FlickType at the moment.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

JP Shandra

Good morning,
My observations were not negative, but based on the state of the current situation. I don’t know why it’s so hard to have an authentic conversation in the blind community. Without opinions constantly being devalued or dismissed. I won’t waste anymore of my time expanding on that.
Kosta and Ashley’s efforts are greatly appreciated. No matter what, they must do what’s best for them and family. Their dedication is and will always be commended by myself. Knowing and understanding the difficulties of sustaining an app for a minority group.
Best,
JP

On Nov 7, 2019, at 1:23 AM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,
I’m not being negative, I understand that Koster now has a family and the app is not  financial  to generate enough income at the moment, however I would expect him to come out and say that the app is no longer being developed.
As a previous contributor has said, the slide to type on the Apple keyboard is far better than FlickType at the moment.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Chuck Dean

I totally disagree!
I wasted 3 hours trying to use the slide to type keyboard and never achieved half the speed I get with flicktype, and I sent Apple accessibility my results.

On Nov 7, 2019, at 2:23 AM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,
I’m not being negative, I understand that Koster now has a family and the app is not  financial  to generate enough income at the moment, however I would expect him to come out and say that the app is no longer being developed.
As a previous contributor has said, the slide to type on the Apple keyboard is far better than FlickType at the moment.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

It will still work though, but if you have to uninstall it for any reason, you won’t be able to get it back again.

Paula

> On 6 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> For those who are still on the beta version of the app, just a heads up it'll b expiring in a few hours time.
>
> So, unless a new build comes out  between now and the  hours it is set to expire, you may want to consider installing the app store version again.
>
> Thought everyone should know, in case you were still on beta and wondered why flicktype wasn't working anymore.☺️

********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

Eileen Misrahi

Hello All,

I am probably too late to download the app from the app store. I did open up the app store on my phone and it was not listed in my history, nor was it in a search for a new app download. I was just charged my monthly subscription fee on 11/6. So, where do I go from here? Any suggestion is most welcomed or maybe Kosla can pipe in so I can continue using the app.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Eileen

Chuck Dean