Topics

Apple Watch app?

Jessica D

Hi,
I’ve been hearing a ton of chatter about an Apple Watch version of Flicktype.

Can I test it?

Hello Jessica,

The flicktype keyboard for Apple Watch is highly experimental and has only been released to a few alpha testers. Its not yet refined and it really can not be used for anything because the Apple Watch does not support any type of keyboards at all.😎

You may want to wait, I am sure kosta will have this thing licked in a very short time.👍

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 9, 2018, at 1:24 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I’ve been hearing a ton of chatter about an Apple Watch version of Flicktype.

Can I test it?

Callum Stoneman

How would FlickType for Apple Watch work? It certainly sounds interesting, but I assumed the reason there's no keyboard on the Apple Watch is because there isn't enough room on the screen.

You are correct, the small screen would make typing impossible with almost any keyboard because the key selection would have to be so precise, but with flicktype only the pattern of the key location is needed for the keyboard to recognize the word. So only FlickType will work on the watch.
I tried an early experimental version of the FlickType keyboard for the apple watch, and I was amazed how well I could type with it! Of courts, there is nothing that I could use the text for, the watch does not support text input, but there is Potential for a container type app that could export text.😎

Keep your fingers crossed.

Chuck (mobile)