Topics

App pricing

leonard morris

I deleted the threat regarding the cost of this app. However I am wondering if you could have both pricing schemes for example, the monthly as well as an annual fee. I put my yearly services on my credit card and my monthly services on my debit cart. I'm trying to cut down on my emails from Apple and banks. By the way iPad the older flick Type app for quite some time but to be honest I didn’t like it initially. I think it’s because I probably didn’t know what I was doing but I find myself now using it more and more. I dictated the last part of this message but the part about pricing I used Flick Type classic. regardless I’ll probably end up buying that app sometime next week and I’m looking forward to listening to that radio show coming up.

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for your feedback. Our pricing plans are fluid and we will try to come up with a pricing structure that works for everyone, but for now, we've found that this is the most accessible pricing structure for the largest number of people.

Stay tuned,
Ashley

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 04:09 pm, leonard morris wrote:

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique
landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

( #window-49477356 )

Daniel McGee

To kosta and Ashley

I'm sure you have already considered this but just throwing it out there anyway.
If people are finding money to be tight at the moment or feel pressure in anyway in adding to there list of subscriptions,. Have you considered adding a tip jar to the container app? This way, maybe people won't feel so pressurised and when they have the money, can donate in the form of in app purchases to the apps development for its future.
To get a sense of what I am trying to explain, checkout the apps: downcast and Twitterrific to see what I mean.

Also, for really big updates, maybe charge an in app purchase to unlock the special feature instead of always having an active subscription.
Of course, I am more than happy to pay for a subscription, these are just ideas as alternatives for different country markets and people's own respective situations in regards to money.
What does everyone think about the extra ideas for the apps future development?
Kind regards to all
Daniel

Thanks for your feedback. Our pricing plans are fluid and we will try to come up with a pricing structure that works for everyone, but for now, we've found that this is the most accessible pricing structure for the largest number of people.

Stay tuned,
Ashley

On Sun, Jul  1, 2018 at 04:09 pm, leonard morris wrote:

> Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique
> landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.
>
> ( #window-49477356 )

Force of nature psychic

I don't think a A subscription based product would work. People just wouldn't pay. I myself don't really fancy paying an ongoing subscription  for this application. I am more than happy to pay a one-off charge and then if there is a major update in years to come paying another one but on a monthly basis I don't think this is the correct way to go. In my personal opinion sided people do not have to pay a monthly subscription for any keyboards out there so why should we.

Neil

On 2 Jul 2018, at 16:38, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

To kosta and Ashley

I'm sure you have already considered this but just throwing it out there anyway.
If people are finding money to be tight at the moment or feel pressure in anyway in adding to there list of subscriptio ns,. Have you considered adding a tip jar to the container app? This way, maybe people won't feel so pressurised and when they have the money, can donate in the form of in app purchases to the apps development for its future.
To get a sense of what I am trying to explain, checkout the apps: downcast and Twitterrific to see what I mean.

Also, for really big updates, maybe charge an in app purchase to unlock the special feature instead of always having an active subscription.
Of course, I am more than happy to pay for a subscription, these are just ideas as alternatives for different country markets and people's own respective situations in regards to money.
What does everyone think about the extra ideas for the apps future development?
Kind regards to all
Daniel

Thanks for your feedback. Our pricing plans are fluid and we will try to come up with a pricing structure that works for everyone, but for now, we've found that this is the most accessible pricing structure for the largest number of people.

Stay tuned,
Ashley

On Sun, Jul  1, 2018 at 04:09 pm, leonard morris wrote:

> Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique
> landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.
>
> ( #window-49477356 )

 A one time price would have to be so expensive hardly anyone would be able to afford FlickType.
 The Fleksy app was $19.99 and even at that very high price, did not generate enough revenue to sustain the app's development.

 Other keyboards are not as complex as the FlickType keyboard. FlickType has a predictive engine that is not needed in any other keyboard.

 Personally I am happy to pay a monthly subscription to help the continuation of this app and to reward Kosta and Ashley for their fine work.
 If you feel a monthly subscription is not for you, then don't use the FlickType custom keyboard. FlickType Classic will always be available and free.

 Chuck

On Jul 2, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Force of nature psychic <neilmccullough3@...> wrote:

I don't think a A subscription based product would work. People just wouldn't pay. I myself don't really fancy paying an ongoing subscription  for this application. I am more than happy to pay a one-off charge and then if there is a major update in years to come paying another one but on a monthly basis I don't think this is the correct way to go. In my personal opinion sided people do not have to pay a monthly subscription for any keyboards out there so why should we.

Neil

On 2 Jul 2018, at 16:38, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

To kosta and Ashley

I'm sure you have already considered this but just throwing it out there anyway.
If people are finding money to be tight at the moment or feel pressure in anyway in adding to there list of subscriptio ns,. Have you considered adding a tip jar to the container app? This way, maybe people won't feel so pressurised and when they have the money, can donate in the form of in app purchases to the apps development for its future.
To get a sense of what I am trying to explain, checkout the apps: downcast and Twitterrific to see what I mean.

Also, for really big updates, maybe charge an in app purchase to unlock the special feature instead of always having an active subscription.
Of course, I am more than happy to pay for a subscription, these are just ideas as alternatives for different country markets and people's own respective situations in regards to money.
What does everyone think about the extra ideas for the apps future development?
Kind regards to all
Daniel

Thanks for your feedback. Our pricing plans are fluid and we will try to come up with a pricing structure that works for everyone, but for now, we've found that this is the most accessible pricing structure for the largest number of people.

Stay tuned,
Ashley

On Sun, Jul  1, 2018 at 04:09 pm, leonard morris wrote:

> Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique
> landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.
>
> ( #window-49477356 )

Because it’s a very small market and while thiurd party keyboards may not operate using a subscription model, there are plenty of apps which use this method. Maybe companies like Microsoft, Google or Apple can afford to develop free apps for the blind, but a couple who wants to do something nice and incidently comes up with a great product for a few thousand people should not be expected to do it for free. I for one have no problem paying a buck a month for being able to type as fast as a sighted person, OK, let’s say as fast as some sighted people, there still are sighted people who can type a lot faster and also others who are slower.

Thanks for your feedback. Our pricing plans are fluid and we will try to come up with a pricing structure that works for everyone, but for now, we've found that this is the most accessible pricing structure for the largest number of people.

Stay tuned,
Ashley

On Sun, Jul  1, 2018 at 04:09 pm, leonard morris wrote:

> Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique
> landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.
>
> ( #window-49477356 )

Hi Ashley,

I agree with Leonard and would prefer an annual subscription for $11.88 (12 * $0.99) or even for $11.99, I'm not worried about a few pennies. I don't know what sort of rules Apple imposes when it comes to these subscriptions, but if you can offer it on a monthly and annual subscription I would be happy to see the option of an annual subscription added.

Thanks for your feedback. Our pricing plans are fluid and we will try to come up with a pricing structure that works for everyone, but for now, we've found that this is the most accessible pricing structure for the largest number of people.

Stay tuned,
Ashley

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 04:09 pm, leonard morris wrote:

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a
unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

( #window-49477356 )

Keep it simple, if the subscription works for Kosta and Ashley then that’s fine with me, just that as I said I would like to see an option to pay annually.

There can always be a donation button on their website.