Topics

Any way to verify a subscription to this group?

Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck

Kosta Eleftheriou

Thank you Chuck. I believe they get a confirmation email, but I think
the confusion is due to the fact that subscribers don't automatically
get all messages posted to the group. We initially decided to do this
to reduce the amount of chatter that might turn some people away, so
they'd remain on the list and we'd be able to reach them with the
occasional announcement. Now I'm considering changing this to have
everyone receive all the discussion, but I've gone back and forth on
this a few times already. What do you and others think is the best way
forward? One thought it to make it send everything by default, but let
people know how they can change their own preference to only receive
announcements by the owners and moderators.

Kosta

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Dean

Like the ViPhone list, everything that is posted goes out to all subscribers.
If they want they can go to the website and adjust their email preferences.
Chuck

On Jun 29, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Kosta Eleftheriou <kostas.eleftheriou@...> wrote:

[...]

Matthew Janusauskas

I share your thinking and initial preference on this Kosta. I think the confusion is most people in this audience have the expectation of receiving all the emails by default unless they opt out by changing their settings.
It seems like an unfortunate habit to rely on so much email, but to each his/her own.

Matthew

On Jun 29, 2018, at 2:09 PM, Kosta Eleftheriou <kostas.eleftheriou@...> wrote:

[...]

George Cham

Hi costa,
I'm not sure if the confirmation email states that the first post is modarated.
After the first post messages will be delivered straight away.
That's how it works with the beta group.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS