Topics

Accessing special characters like $,%,*,@?

Kat Hayes

I went through some of the video and am confused by the gestures.

I am trying to access numbers and the symbols like @ # $ % * how is this done?

Thanks in advance

Gordon

You're going to want to double tap with two fingers to change to symbols. then explore the screen without lifting your finger until you have what you

re wanting to type. Then double tap with two fingers to return to letters.

On 1/23/2020 7:01 PM, Kat Hayes wrote:

I went through some of the video and am confused by the gestures.

I am trying to access numbers and the symbols like @ # $ % * how is this done?

Thanks in advance

Kat Hayes

For clarification, I am talking about using my AppleWatch to access these symbols. When I double tap the screen I do not get access to these, unless I am doing it wrong?
Thanks

Gordon

I don't currently have a watch, so I'm not familiar with how that works. But Chuck should see this soon and can answer your questions for you.

On 1/23/2020 7:56 PM, Kat Hayes wrote:
For clarification, I am talking about using my AppleWatch to access these symbols. When I double tap the screen I do not get access to these, unless I am doing it wrong?
Thanks

Unfortunately there are no additional characters available on FlickType for Apple Watch, only the letters you currently use. I find spelling out numbers works best for me... For example one hundred ten dollars. This works especially well when read by another voice over user.😎

On Jan 23, 2020, at 6:56 PM, Kat Hayes <kat.hayes@...> wrote:

For clarification, I am talking about using my AppleWatch to access these symbols. When I double tap the screen I do not get access to these, unless I am doing it wrong?
Thanks

Gordon,

I use FlickType in full screen mode and I access the symbols differently than how you described. I do the two finger double tap to switch between letters and numbers but if I want to access symbols, I do a two finger double tap and hold when on the numbers keyboard. A regular two finger double tap switches back to the letters keyboard or back and forth between letters and numbers. When I'm on the lower case letters keyboard, a two finger double tap and hold places me in the upper case letters keyboard.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Alan Lemly

You're going to want to double tap with two fingers to change to symbols. then explore the screen without lifting your finger until you have what you

re wanting to type. Then double tap with two fingers to return to letters.

On 1/23/2020 7:01 PM, Kat Hayes wrote:

I went through some of the video and am confused by the gestures.

I am trying to access numbers and the symbols like @ # $ % * how is this done?

Thanks in advance

Chuck Dean

Hello Alan and Gordon.
I do a two finger double tap to access the number panel. A two finger single tap will bring up additional symbol panel.

When I want to capitalize a letter I simply do a two finger single tap.

Basically, a two finger single tap is like a toggle of the shift key.
A two finger double tap is like a toggle of the number / symbol key.

[...]

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I had forgotten about the two finger single tap to toggle between numbers and symbols. I thought I had found a new gesture with the two finger double tap and hold but I guess FlickType was just picking up the two finger tap from it.

Alan