Unable to hear alternate word selections

Shawn,

Many thanks for this suggestion. The next time I'm typing on my iPhone using FlickType in full screen mode, I'll turn Voiceover off and back on and see what difference this makes. I'll report back to the list tomorrow.

Alan

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shawn Krasniuk via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2020 8:35 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Unable to hear alternate word selections

Hi Alan. I use FlickType in standard mode here and the direct touch issue is present on my SE 2020 running the beta of iOS 14.3. Direct touch has nothing to do with your typing mode. It's supposed to work in self voicing games as well but like FlickType, you have to turn direct touch on in order to play the game without having to turn off Voiceover. Back to the issue with Flicktype, when you're trying to type using the keyboard, when Voiceover says you're in FlickType, turn Voiceover off and back on again. That'll resolve the issue when you use it once or twice.

Regards,
Shawn,
Sent from Sophia, the MacBook Air

Want to join my WhatsApp groups such as Echo Enthusiasts, Accessibility Matters, Mac Users And Newbies or the Tech Zone? Send me a private email with your contact information and the group you wish to join and I'll happily add you.

Facebook Username: Shawn Krasniuk
Twitter Handle: shawnk_aka_bbs
Skype username: bbstheblindrapper
Facetime: bbsshawn@...

On Dec 10, 2020, at 7:07 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for that tip but I use my phone locked in portrait mode and don't expect I'll be changing my ways at this stage of the game.

I'll try your suggestion of removing typing mode from the rotor since I already have touch typing set as my default under Settings, Accessibility, VoiceOver, Typing. I really don't think that will change anything because FlickType is supposed to automatically do whatever is needed with direct touch when typing with it and something with iOS 14 is apparently messing it up.

Alan

with Outlook for iOS