Topics

Flicktype on watch

Chris Chaffin

Hi Kosta,

No, , am unable to tap on words. I tried doing the word, top, and it said, tip. So I scrolled the crown down and it just said the same thing, flicktype, use digital crown to scroll through suggestions. Since the crown did give me the haptic feedback like it did scroll down, I tapped on the screen like I was choosing the word it scrolled to, but nothing happened. It just acted like I was trying to type another word.

I am unable to access the rotor because the rotor is only available on the new watch os 7. I do not think you can install that unless you are running ios 14 on your phone, and because of multiple bugs, I am not doing that at this time.

Thanks for looking into this issue for me!

Chris

On Sep 20, 2020, at 9:57 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you for the clarification, Chris.

When you try to tap words, does that work, or do you also keep hearing VoiceOver announcing “FlickType”?

If so, try to invoke the rotor while FlickType is on the screen, and turn on “Direct Touch”.

Let me know if that helped!

- Kosta

Peter Torpey

For me, on the iPhone this behavior started occurring in iOS 14. The rotor seems to get automatically put to "Touch typing = Off" when Flicktype is invoked. I believe Flicktype only works with touch typing set to "On". At least the workaround is simple, just change that setting on the rotor. Unfortunately, next time you come back to type, the rotor will again be automatically set to touch Typing = off again.

--Pete

I can't get the rotor to work consistently.
Can anyone give me tips for making it work better?
It wont stay where I need it to.

When you try to tap words, does that work, or do you also keep hearing VoiceOver announcing “FlickType”?

If so, try to invoke the rotor while FlickType is on the screen, and turn on “Direct Touch”.

Let me know if that helped!

- Kosta

Thank you for the clarification, Chris.

When you try to tap words, does that work, or do you also keep hearing VoiceOver announcing “FlickType”?

If so, try to invoke the rotor while FlickType is on the screen, and turn on “Direct Touch”.

Let me know if that helped!

- Kosta

Chris Chaffin

Hi Kosta,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I am running watch os 6.21.

When I try to scroll by using the crown, I do get the haptic feedback, but nothing else really happens. Voice over just says, FlickType, Scroll by using the crown.

So I am also not able to select different punctuation or emoji's since scrolling the crown is not working for me.

I am hoping you are able to figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

On Sep 20, 2020, at 4:25 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Chris,

You can’t access numbers just yet, but for emojis you can do that the usual way by flicking right to insert a period, and then changing that to one of your favorite emojis.

What happens when you try to scroll through words with the crown? And what watchOS version are you using?

I’d love to track this down and figure out a solution for you.

- Kosta

Hi Chris,

You can’t access numbers just yet, but for emojis you can do that the usual way by flicking right to insert a period, and then changing that to one of your favorite emojis.

What happens when you try to scroll through words with the crown? And what watchOS version are you using?

I’d love to track this down and figure out a solution for you.

- Kosta

Chris Chaffin

Is anyone currently using flicktype on their Apple Watch? If so, I have a couple of questions.

I am currently not able to scroll through word choices with the crown, and how do you get to where you can type numbers and emojis?

Chris