Topics

Confused about "in app purchases" in app store description

Tony Hernandez

The description of the app hasn't caught up with reality yet, but we have heard it right from the horse's mouth that there is no more charge than $2.99 for new paying customers. Sorry Kosta. I think horses are beautiful, strong, and majestic creatures, so there. Lol. This news has also received a write-up on the well known and reputable Blind Bargains blog, further cementing the veracity of these tidings, as there is no way that they would have put this in writing without verifying the information. Here's the URL for that article:

https://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=21535

On 1/14/2020 7:19 AM, Alan Robbins wrote:

Peter,

Thanks for posting, I have the same questions and am looking forward to clarification.

Al

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Torpey
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 10:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Confused about "in app purchases" in app store description

I am confused about the “in app purchases” mentioned in the description of the new Flicktype app.  I thought Flicktype had moved to a non-subscription model and that its use only required a one time purchase price of $2.99.

However the app store entry states:

In-App Purchases

Use inside all apps$0.99

1. Use inside all apps$11.99

This implies that the $2.99 isn’t as functional as the current Flicktype app and that there is an extra charge for unlocking it to be used with all apps.  Plus both of these options look the same.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

--Pete

-- 
Tony Hernandez

Alan Robbins

Peter,

Thanks for posting, I have the same questions and am looking forward to clarification.

Al

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Torpey
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 10:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io

I am confused about the “in app purchases” mentioned in the description of the new Flicktype app.  I thought Flicktype had moved to a non-subscription model and that its use only required a one time purchase price of $2.99.

In-App Purchases

Use inside all apps$0.99

This implies that the $2.99 isn’t as functional as the current Flicktype app and that there is an extra charge for unlocking it to be used with all apps.  Plus both of these options look the same.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

--Pete

Chuck Dean

Hello George,
Fliktype is $2.99 USD, for anyone who’s never downloaded it before. If you haven’t downloaded it on your work phone, and it doesn’t use the same Apple ID, you will have to pay the price.

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Jan 13, 2020, at 8:08 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Peter,
I tried to get  flick type for my work phone.
When I searched for flick type in the App Store, it said $4.99 Australian on the product page. Don’t know why they haven’t removed it yet.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:06:07 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>

In-App Purchases

Use inside all apps$0.99

Thanks.

--Pete

George Cham

Hi Peter,
I tried to get  flick type for my work phone.
When I searched for flick type in the App Store, it said $4.99 Australian on the product page. Don’t know why they haven’t removed it yet.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Peter Torpey <ptorpey00@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:06:07 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>

In-App Purchases

Use inside all apps$0.99

Thanks.

--Pete

Peter Torpey

In-App Purchases

Use inside all apps$0.99

Thanks.

--Pete