Topics

Signing up for the beta again.

Chuck Dean

Hello Kosta,
I am sending feedback for both Fliktype for iPhone and the Fliktype Notes app for Apple Watch back to you via the TestFlight app.

Does this work for you? If not, what would be your preferred feedback route?

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Jan 12, 2020, at 4:50 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

My understanding is that anyone who has simply downloaded the app in the past, can now get it for free, regardless of whether they ever subscribed.

That should mean that a whole lot of people can now get it for free!

- Kosta

JP Shandra

Hi All,
This is a wonderful New Year present. Kosta and Ashley ROCK!!!

On Jan 12, 2020, at 4:22 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

All you need to do is update the app.
If  you have automatic update turned on, check to see if it has updated.
Go to the App Store and tap on  your account button in the upper right. There you can check what updates have been updated automatically, or manually update any app you want.                                

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 5:03 PM, leonard morris <lmorris1953@...> wrote:

Does this mean I have to delete the app first and then download it and restore purchases

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

On Jan 13, 2020, at 7:50 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

My understanding is that anyone who has simply downloaded the app in the past, can now get it for free, regardless of whether they ever subscribed.

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

All you need to do is update the app.
If  you have automatic update turned on, check to see if it has updated.
Go to the App Store and tap on  your account button in the upper right. There you can check what updates have been updated automatically, or manually update any app you want.                                

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 5:03 PM, leonard morris <lmorris1953@...> wrote:

Does this mean I have to delete the app first and then download it and restore purchases

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

- Kosta

leonard morris

- Kosta

- Kosta

Gina Grunden

Thanks to both Chuck and Daniel. I was afraid That I had missed Something. I will wait for a beta link for the FlickType app since I don't have an apple watch.

On Jan 12, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

We'll probably have to wait until Kosta releases another beta for us to all test. Then if we are interested, redeem a code to subscribe again to get the new test builds.☺️

On 12 Jan 2020, at 17:01, Gina Grunden <runemagick115@...> wrote:

Since the beta has expired how do we sign up to beta again?I'd like to go back to contributing and helping out. Testflight says I'm not currently beta testing any apps.

T

Chuck Dean

Hello,
I just searched for flicktype on an iPhone which has never had it installed.
The search turned up FlickType for iPhone, iPad, etc, for $2.99 and FlickType notes for $2.99 

Those who subscribed to flicktype in the past will be able to use the updated FlickType at no cost.
Those who did not subscribe will have to do a one time purchase of $2.99. 

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 11:50 AM, Trenton Matthews <queenslight16@...> wrote:

To clarify,

If you were only a beta tester for the Flicktype application iOS/IPad OS though only stuck with the original free version, you still have the 99 cents/11.00 plans for newcomers.

At least, that’s what the App store is saying anyway…

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:42 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Signing up for the beta again.

Hello Jessica,

The reason Kosta has separated the watch app from FlickType, is to generate much more revenue.

At the current time the watch app is not accessible and Kosta is going for a main stream demographic. He is hoping that if he can get enough sighted  people to buy the watch app, it will generate enough revenue to keep Fliktype alive.

He has said that eventually, probably in the very near future, that the FlickType Notes app will be accessible.

Personally I think this is a fantastic idea, because of this idea, the subscription to FlickType has been canceled, and if you were a subscriber before, you now get Fliktype for free!

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 10:37 AM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hello,
I'd like to know why they've decided to separate the iPhone and watch apps?
I thought Apple was encouraging app developers to Integrate Watch support into their existing iOS A p p s?
Can someone please clarify?
Thanks,
Jessica

We'll probably have to wait until Kosta releases another beta for us to all test. Then if we are interested, redeem a code to subscribe again to get the new test builds.☺️

Since the beta has expired how do we sign up to beta again?I'd like to go back to contributing and helping out. Testflight says I'm not currently beta testing any apps.

Trenton Matthews

To clarify,

If you were only a beta tester for the Flicktype application iOS/IPad OS though only stuck with the original free version, you still have the 99 cents/11.00 plans for newcomers.

At least, that’s what the App store is saying anyway…

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:42 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Signing up for the beta again.

Hello Jessica,

The reason Kosta has separated the watch app from FlickType, is to generate much more revenue.

At the current time the watch app is not accessible and Kosta is going for a main stream demographic. He is hoping that if he can get enough sighted  people to buy the watch app, it will generate enough revenue to keep Fliktype alive.

He has said that eventually, probably in the very near future, that the FlickType Notes app will be accessible.

Personally I think this is a fantastic idea, because of this idea, the subscription to FlickType has been canceled, and if you were a subscriber before, you now get Fliktype for free!

Chuck  (mobile)

Hello,
I thought Apple was encouraging app developers to Integrate Watch support into their existing iOS A p p s?
Thanks,
Jessica

Tony Hernandez

Hi Jessica,

Kosta stated in an earlier email that the Watch companion app will return in the future, so there's not really a separation; it's just temporarily unavailable. The FlickType Notes app appears to be a more mainstream project that Kosta has stated will be fully accessible with Voiceover. For people with normal sight, FlickType Notes appears to be well received, if the reviews are anything to go by.

On 1/12/2020 12:37 PM, Jessica D wrote:

Hello,
Thanks,
Jessica

-- 
Tony Hernandez

Chuck Dean

Hello Jessica,

Chuck  (mobile)

Hello,
Thanks,
Jessica

Chuck Dean

By the way,
I purchased the app, FlickType Notes, for $3.99 before I signed up for the beta. I really feel strongly about supporting the cause. 😎
Here is the App Store link:

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 10:16 AM, Chuck Dean via Groups.Io <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Gina,
At the present time there is no beta for Fliktype.

The beta people have been talking about is for Fliktype notes, the new app for the Apple Watch.

If you would like to sign up for that beta, here is the invite link:

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 10:01 AM, Gina Grunden <runemagick115@...> wrote:

Jessica D

Hello,
Thanks,
Jessica

Daniel McGee

Chuck Dean

Hello Gina,
At the present time there is no beta for Fliktype.

The beta people have been talking about is for Fliktype notes, the new app for the Apple Watch.

If you would like to sign up for that beta, here is the invite link:

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 12, 2020, at 10:01 AM, Gina Grunden <runemagick115@...> wrote:

Gina Grunden