Topics

Feedback, Punctuations and more

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Chuck.
I’m glad to hear that. It makes me feel less lonely…
Fair enough, it’s funny to see though, thatwhat is just supposed to be a keyboard behaves so differently according to the app you’re using.
I think I’ll just use your work around and wait then.
Best,
JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 12 janv. 2020 à 16:41, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> a écrit :

Hello,
I have noticed these issues, in the mail app, since the introduction of iOS 13.
I find it easier to compose my email text in the flicktype container app and then transfer the text via copy and paste into the message field of the email, as I am doing right now.😎
This is an easy work around until flicktype is fixed.

On Jan 12, 2020, at 6:29 AM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Okay there is more. It seams all my issues only happen in the mail application. I am writing this message in notes and everything is fine. First letter is spoken, character input works as expected, and punctuations are spoken. Any clue?
Cheers.
J PR

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 12 janv. 2020 à 11:06, Jean-Philippe Rykiel via Groups.Io <jprykiel@...> a écrit :

Just A little Test when switching my iPhone language to English. Donc tu as une gemmeno change I’m afraid.
Same behavior with character by character input, each one is followed by a space. I’ve never had that before.
I don’t believe there different iOS versions according to countries or languages. Switching the phone to English US should mI don’t believe there are different iOS versions according to countries or languages. Switching the phone to English US should make it behave exactly like yours I guess ,  can someone confirm? But it’s an iPhone 7,  so I don’t know if anyone of you is using this particular device.
Cheers,
JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

On 12 Jan 2020, at 10:45, Jean-Philippe Rykiel via Groups.Io <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Well, I just Reinstalled  The app, but no change. I wonder if something in the apps settings could cause this. What is visual announcements?
another bug I just noticed is that when typing a word letter by letter, each letter is now followed by a space.
French             iOS may well be behind others, as for example voice control is not available in French. But I have no way of telling if flick type would behave differently on French iOS.
can anyone help some more?
Cheers,

JPR
http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 12 janv. 2020 à 01:44, Gordon <gordon@...> a écrit :

The issues you're experiencing are those that the rest of us experienced  when 13 was first release that were fixed in 13.3. I wonder if the French version is behind?

On 1/11/2020 7:12 PM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel wrote:
Are you using an iPhone 7. As I Am?
JP

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 12 janv. 2020 à 00:53, Gordon <gordon@...> a écrit :

It might because I'm not seeing any issues on my end and I've been using it all day.

On 1/11/2020 6:49 PM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel wrote:
the latest one, 13.3.
I wonder if reinstalling would help?
JP

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 12 janv. 2020 à 00:30, Gordon <gordon@...> a écrit :
What IOS version are you running on your phone? I'm not seeing any of these things running the latest version of IOS.

On 1/11/2020 6:29 PM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel wrote:
Hi again. To add to my Previous message, I would like to mention that the issues I am experiencing Occur with FlickType last version.. Cheers,
Jpr

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 11 janv. 2020 à 14:19, Jean-Philippe Rykiel via Groups.Io <jprykiel@...> a écrit :
Dear FlickType Team,
Using an iPhone seven with Latest French iOS, I notice that when flicking  right after typing, it happens that the word is not correctly Spoken, even though it is correctly typed. Speech misses the first letter of the word,. And for example the, may be Pronounpronounced as he.A stranger thing I noticed Without being able to reproduce itThe sequence which Leeds to this behavior, is that sometimes when deleting a word, FlickType will say Beginning of Document, Even though I. Am in the middle of it.
Oh, one last thing I I. Forgot, Punctuations are no longer pronounced when flicking thropunctuations are no longer pronounced when flicking through them.
That’s it for now.
All the best,JPR

Le 11 janv. 2020 à 14:19, Jean-Philippe Rykiel via Groups.Io <jprykiel=gmail.com@groups.io> a écrit :
[...]

Gordon