Topics

A flick type update

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Dear Kosta. It’s so nice to have you back. Let me join the other members of this list to wish you and your whole family a wonderful happy and joyful year 2020. Of course, if I can do anything to help localise this app to French, please Let me know.
In English, it is now my favorite keyboard, soul s’il vous plaît, n’oubliez pas les Français.
Best regards,
JPR

http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 14 janv. 2020 à 08:38, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix=icloud.com@groups.io> a écrit :

I just used Flicktype on my Apple Watch series 4 (paired with iPhone XS running latest iOS with Flicktype new beta).
I expected the Flicktype keyboard to pop up when I go into my list of Messages and start to reply - wrong! I had to find and open the Flicktype app on my watch, double tap to open it and then it took about 5 minutes to download the app, though it did tell me that it could carry on doing this in the background. When it was ready, I double tapped and composed a message and hit Send and my list of messages appeared so I could select which one I wanted to send my reply to: I double tapped on a message, my composed message was there ready so I hit send. All this worked so well with VoiceOver! My original confusion was because it was not obvious how to use the app, hence me detailing the steps above to save others stumbling about in the dark!
Now I understand it, it is brilliant!
Thanks
Harry

On 14 Jan 2020, at 02:35, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

FlickType Notes has an emphasis on note-taking on the watch, and has no iPhone keyboard.
FlickType Keyboard is equal parts accessible iPhone keyboard and Apple Watch messaging app.
- Kosta

Harry Bell

[...]

Jessica D

Hi Kosta,
As others here have said previously, we're so glad you're back!
The "flicktype notes" does have an iphone app, its on my 5th page.

I' love Flicktype!

I was telling someone about flicktype recenqly, and she asked me how hard flicktype is to use, when compared to the ios keyboard, which she said she struggles with.
What's the best way to explain how flicktype works?

On Jan 13, 2020, at 9:35 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

FlickType Notes has an emphasis on note-taking on the watch, and has no iPhone keyboard.
FlickType Keyboard is equal parts accessible iPhone keyboard and Apple Watch messaging app.
- Kosta

FlickType Notes has an emphasis on note-taking on the watch, and has no iPhone keyboard.
FlickType Keyboard is equal parts accessible iPhone keyboard and Apple Watch messaging app.

 Hello Jessica
The FlickType Notes app that Kosta has just recently developed, is mainly four sided users. This allows the cited community to have a viable keyboard on their watch, which is never been available before. The reason why he is putting this new keyboard out there for the sided world, is to generate money which he will use to keep Fliktype for the blind alive!
The subscription just didn’t make enough money to keep Fliktype viable, but If the keyboard takes off, and enough people buy it, Fliktype will be in the pink for a long long time! 😎

On Jan 13, 2020, at 6:42 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,
I have a question for anyone who is able to answer it.

My question is, what are the purposes of both apps, since they both are based on flicktype, and both support the Apple watch?

On Jan 13, 2020, at 3:50 PM, Paul Dromey <pdromey@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and everyone.
May I wish you, Ashley and your family good health and happiness in 2020.  Thank you for continuing to develop this wonderful app.
In the latest App Store update, the language option between English and Spanish appears to be working seamlessly but this is not the case in today's Beta version.

I hope that this option continues in the future as it is, for me, one of the most crucial components.

Paul

Jessica D

Hi,
I have a question for anyone who is able to answer it.

My question is, what are the purposes of both apps, since they both are based on flicktype, and both support the Apple watch?

On Jan 13, 2020, at 3:50 PM, Paul Dromey <pdromey@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and everyone.
May I wish you, Ashley and your family good health and happiness in 2020.  Thank you for continuing to develop this wonderful app.
In the latest App Store update, the language option between English and Spanish appears to be working seamlessly but this is not the case in today's Beta version.

I hope that this option continues in the future as it is, for me, one of the most crucial components.

Paul

Paul Dromey

Hi Kosta and everyone.
May I wish you, Ashley and your family good health and happiness in 2020.  Thank you for continuing to develop this wonderful app.
In the latest App Store update, the language option between English and Spanish appears to be working seamlessly but this is not the case in today's Beta version.

I hope that this option continues in the future as it is, for me, one of the most crucial components.

Paul

JP Shandra

Thank you Kosta! I know 2019 was rough. Wish you, Ashley and kids a wonderful 2020. I’m grateful you are continuing to support FT.

George Cham

Hi Jessica,
What I should have said, is the upgrade button has been removed from the app.
I never bought a subscription, as I was using beta version.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS