From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Luke Davis
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 6:05 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] iOS 13.3 and flicktype across the system

Hi Alan. Yes, answered earlier in the thread in my case--I turned everything
off there and back on, and also uninstalled the keyboard and installed it
again.

But Gordon's solution has worked in my case, though apparently not for
Paula.
They have changed the multi-way toggle of the next keyboard key in iOS 13,
at least on some devices, so that you have to double tap and slide in order
for it to work.

Luke
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Alan Lemly wrote:

Paula and Luke,

I apologize if you've already stated this but have you gone to Settings,
General, Keyboard, Keyboards, FlickType and confirmed that allow full access
is turned on? If yes, why not turn off full access, play around with
keyboard input, and then turn FlickType's full access back on?

Alan Lemly

[...]

Paula

Have you deleted the app and installed it again?

What happens when you try to open the app?

What is your device and iOS version?

Luke

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Paula Page wrote:

Hi, yes I have done all that, but my FlickType container app doesn’t open either. I think I am going to just delete it, I don’t wish to subscribe to something that isn’t going to work, and doesn’t seem to be being developed now. Thank you for your help though.

Paula

Luke Davis

Thank you Gordon. That was the ticket! For me, at least.

Double tapping and sliding up gets some extra keyboard options, such as left handed keyboard, and Flicktype.

Thanks again.

Luke

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019, Gordon wrote:

I just did some testing and the appearance is different on my iPhone 7 than it is on my 10R. On my 10R the dictate button is there on the bottom right side of the screen. However there is no dictate button on the 7 while flick type is the active keyboard. On the 10R, a double tap of the next keyboard button will cycle through all of my keyboards. However on the 7, I have to double tap and hold the next keyboard button and slide my finger up the side of the screen. As I make my way to the top it will announce different keyboards. So you just release your finger when you're on the one you want. So you want to try double tapping and holding the next keyboard button and sliding up to get the one you want to be active. But the next keyboard button is not there on the 7 when flick type is active. So I do a slide up to have flick type advance to the next keyboard.

On 12/19/2019 2:08 AM, Paula Page wrote:
I have had exactly the same problem, tried everything to sort it out, but I can’t seem to, so have given up with FlickType, sadly.
Paula

On 18 Dec 2019, at 21:30, Luke Davis <newanswertech@...> wrote:
After update to iOS 13.3, Flicktype still doesn't work system wide.
I removed and re-installed the app, and still it does not work.
I can change keyboard to imoji. After that, the next keyboard button says "Flicktype", but when I tap it, it just goes back to the English keyboard.
In fact, it still announces "next keyboard: flicktype", but if I actually read the button, it isn't Flicktype, but either Imoji or English.
And yet some of you are having success on iOS 13.3? What are your settings?
Luke

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I have sent a notice to Kosta to a direct channel I have with him. I will see if he responds.

I haven’t heard anything from Kosta in months, I’m not sure what’s happening but I know he was having some great difficulties with his family earlier this year. I am hoping that he will still be supporting Fliktype, and hope that he will get back to us soon.

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

[...]

I’ve tried all that, just can’t get the keyboard up.

On 19 Dec 2019, at 08:42, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

[...]

Gordon

[...]

When you have a keyboard open, find the button on the bottom left of the screen to switch keyboards. Double tap this button and hold it. Then slowly slide your finger up the side of the screen and see if if begins to give you additional keyboards you can choose from. If you hear flick type, release your finger and you'll have it. To switch keyboards when flick type is active, slide up with one finger like you would slide down to close the keyboard. It will switch you to the next keyboard.

On 12/18/2019 5:13 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
Thanks Chuck, but that was the first thing I tried when I noticed it not working.
Have done so at every new trouble shooting step since then, just in case.
It definitely claims to see my annual subscription, and all of the keyboard options under settings are still there, but the keyboard never appears.

Luke

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Chuck Dean wrote:

Hello Luke,
Did you try to restore your purchase in the container app?
After I updated to one of the 13.1 build, for some reason Fliktype didn’t recognize that I had purchased the subscription.
I went into the container app, double tap an upgrade, and in the upper right hand corner is a button that says restore. When it came back, it said that I
had already subscribe to the app, but then the app worked.
Try it, it may work.

OK, do you have full access enabled in keyboard settings?

On Dec 18, 2019, at 4:13 PM, Luke Davis <newanswertech@...> wrote:

Thanks Chuck, but that was the first thing I tried when I noticed it not working.
Have done so at every new trouble shooting step since then, just in case.
It definitely claims to see my annual subscription, and all of the keyboard options under settings are still there, but the keyboard never appears.

Luke

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Chuck Dean wrote:

Hello Luke,
Did you try to restore your purchase in the container app?
After I updated to one of the 13.1 build, for some reason Fliktype didn’t recognize that I had purchased the subscription.
I went into the container app, double tap an upgrade, and in the upper right hand corner is a button that says restore. When it came back, it said that I
had already subscribe to the app, but then the app worked.
Try it, it may work.
Chuck  (mobile)

Luke Davis

[...]

On Dec 18, 2019, at 3:09 PM, Gordon <gordon@...> wrote:

I haven't found any issues with flick type on IOS 13.3, and I use it every single day.

On 12/18/2019 3:17 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
[...]

No, not running a beta. Vanilla app store version.

Luke

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Sean Kelly wrote:

Are you by chance running a beta build of FlickType that is installed via Test Flight?

Luke Davis

Hi Alan

An iPhone 6S is the device in question.

I waited to upgrade that device from the last version of iOS 12, so I believe the first version of 13 I ran was 13.2, or the last subversion of 13.1. So as far as I know, Flicktype has never worked under any version of iOS 13 for me.

Luke

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019, Alan Lemly wrote:

Luke,

Your experience with FlickType is very curious. I've had no problems with its keyboard working as it always has after I upgraded to iOS 13.2 and continuing on with iOS 13.3. I'm running it on an iPhone 8. What device are you experiencing these issues with?