Topics

Upcoming pricing changes

Mark Davies

I agree that the app is very useful, and I realise that there are many
people out there who are willing and able to pay $30 or higher for it,
but we have to remember that many many blind and visually impaired
people are not in work, and so for them this could represent a
significant expense.
I'm sure that most people wouldn't want to price them out of this
amazingly helpful app.
My suggestion would be for a 'reasonable' base price and the option to
provide on-going payments, either via a subscription or a "tip jar" in
the app which can be used to make one-off payments to the developer.
I completely understand the need (and right) of the developer to make
a living from the income from this app, and so my intention is to
suggest a middle ground that can keep the developer, and all the users
happy.

Mark

On 22/11/2018, Robert Kingett <@blindjourno> wrote:
Once Patreon becomes more accessible, perhaps you could offer perks through
that service. I'd say $20 would be good for a one time fee or even $40. I
looked through the app developer guidelines and I just don't get how you
guys are breaking rules? Can't Apple see that by releasing updates as often
as you do, this is actually making you compliant with their guidelines?
Section 3.1.2 of the App Store Review Guidelines states: "Apps may offer
auto-renewing in-app purchase subscriptions, regardless of category on the
App Store." It also goes on to state that "you must provide ongoing value to
the customer" and that "examples of appropriate subscriptions include:
[...], apps that offer consistent, substantive updates;". In my book, you
guys are doing that, hands down.

Robert Kingett <kingettr@...>

Once Patreon becomes more accessible, perhaps you could offer perks through that service. I'd say $20 would be good for a one time fee or even $40. I looked through the app developer guidelines and I just don't get how you guys are breaking rules? Can't Apple see that by releasing updates as often as you do, this is actually making you compliant with their guidelines? Section 3.1.2 of the App Store Review Guidelines states: "Apps may offer auto-renewing in-app purchase subscriptions, regardless of category on the App Store." It also goes on to state that "you must provide ongoing value to the customer" and that "examples of appropriate subscriptions include: [...], apps that offer consistent, substantive updates;". In my book, you guys are doing that, hands down.

Katie Epperson

And happy thanksgiving to you :)

On Nov 21, 2018, at 7:34 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you, and happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating tomorrow!
- Kosta and Ashley

Thank you, and happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating tomorrow!
- Kosta and Ashley

JP Shandra

Hello Kosta,
It's good to know it was accepted. Hopefully your fix update finds the same fate.
Sending you, Ashley and the kids best wishes this thanksgiving. Thank you for your invaluable contribution to the VI community Best, JP 🦃

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 6:09 PM FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
Hi everyone, and thank you so much for all the comments. There is a lot of ideas to consider here, and it might take us a few days to evaluate everything.

We also have an update on our rejection: our app was finally approved, but it is unclear from Apple's response if future updates will be allowed to offer an auto-renewing subscription. Their message was the following, quote:

"Hello,
Thank you for providing this information. We are proceeding with the review and will notify you if there are any further issues.
Best Regards,
App Store Review"

Additionally, we have spotted an issue on our end with the update, so we'll have to submit a new FlickType build very soon. We will let you know what happens, smile.

- Kosta

Edited

Hi everyone, and thank you so much for all the comments. There are a lot of ideas to consider here, and it might take us a few days to evaluate everything.

We also have an update on our rejection: our app was finally approved, but it is unclear from Apple's response if future updates will be allowed to offer an auto-renewing subscription. Their message was the following, quote:

"Hello,
Thank you for providing this information. We are proceeding with the review and will notify you if there are any further issues.
Best Regards,
App Store Review"

Additionally, we have spotted an issue on our end with the update, so we'll have to submit a new FlickType build very soon. We will let you know what happens, smile.

- Kosta

George Cham

Hi Gordon and others, as I previously mentioned in my earlier thread of this message, whatever price costa and Ashley set  for FlickType, this will depend on the exchange rate of the country that the user is in.
I’m in Australia, and the yearly subscription is $18.95.
So it will depend on where you are  .
However the price is worth it.
But if they  can keep the monthly subscription going as well, that would be even better.

Kind Regards,
George Cham

Numbers 6:24-26

ey Get Outlook for iOS