Topics

Disappearing text

Harry Bell

Thanks, Ashley!
Text is no longer disappearing, you are right!
As for dismissing keyboard accidentally by swiping down with one finger while cycling through suggested words while typing, yes, I do find this a real problem on the iPhone XS, I do still find this a real problem. Obviously, removing the one finger swipe down gesture for this model of phone would help me, but you should check with a few others using the new phones before doing anything too drastic!.
Cheers
Harry

On 1 Oct 2018, at 22:57, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Harry, it sounds like the issue is no longer happening with the disappearing text but you're having trouble with the sensitivity on your new device? There should be no difference between the beta versions and the App Store version, other than the App Store versions are the most stable beta versions that we end up pushing to the App Store. The newest device we have is a X, so we're not able to test for ourselves. I'm wondering if we need to add the option to remove the dismiss keyboard gesture for the newer devices. Does it feel as though that would help with this issue?

Kimberly, I wanted to make sure you've restarted your devices recently? I want to make sure I am understanding your issue if you accidentally touch the screen when typing all your text is cleared? Are you using the demo tab in the app or the system-wide keyboard? Any other instructions you can provide to reproduce your issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ashley

[...]

One thing I've just tracked down is that, on the new iPhone XS, when I flick down to select an alternative to the word suggested by FlickType, that is when even a very slight hesitation at the end of the swipe down is interpreted by FlickType as a dismiss keyboard command. This does not happen on my iPad nor did it ever happen on the old iPhone 7 plus. This may mean that the iPhone XS screen is more sensitive? Anyway, that is one problem explained!
Cheers

Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Harry Bell

Curious, I cannot reproduce the disappearing text, but I'll keep checking. On my old iPhone I was using the beta but on this iPhone XS I'm using the standard app store version. What I do notice are:
When starting to write new text, I'm never sure whether the first tap on the keyboard is entered. Mostly it simply causes the keyboard to announce Flicktype instead of entering the first letter I'd tapped.
I'm finding it much harder to use the single finger flick down to dismiss the keyboard, so I'm using the dismiss button more. I keep finding that I've dismissed the keyboard when just tried to tap a letter, which is annoying and never happened when using the beta on my old phone. I'll update you if I find out what is causing these problems.
Thanks
Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Kimberly Parsley

I have the same problem, although mine isn't confined to a single gesture. It seems to happen anytime I accidentally touch the screen. It's almost as though my accidental tap moves the insertion point. iPhone 7, latest build. This issue has been present from the beginning. It happens on my iPad as well.

Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...>