Topics

Version 3.0 with half screen mode is out!

Chuck Dean

Yes, the beta version, build 171 is the same as the app store version.

Chuck

On Sep 18, 2018, at 7:57 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I want the App Store version, but I don’t currently have iTunes credit available.

is the beta safe to use, until I can get more?

On Sep 18, 2018, at 7:41 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta and Ashley, I have updated to ios 12 and downloaded the app store version of FlickType. Everything is working well with the exception of an occasional misspoken letter or number when typing manually and the inability to use the FlickType keyboard in financial apps. Once you get those glitches licked, I will have no use for the iOS keyboard!

Right now I am in landscape mode and I am loving how fast I can type with my two thumbs.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Chuck

On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please read the following release notes and tell us what you think of this update at hello@flicktype.groups.io. All feedback is welcome, smile!

What's new:
- Half screen mode now works with VoiceOver. Also introducing an additional "Minimal" keyboard height option.
- During a long press, the height of the top QWERTY row will now be the same as the bottom two rows. Exploring the area above the keyboard will read back your text. Tell us what you think!
- Some low-vision users asked us for a splash of color. The default black background can now be a simple vertical gradient with a color of your choice.
- If you are accidentally invoking the shift function when typing fast with multiple fingers, you can now disable it using the new "Multi-finger tap gestures" setting.

Known issues:
- If you are getting any incorrect announcements, please try setting the iOS VoiceOver "Typing Feedback" for software keyboards to "Characters", or to "Nothing".
- There is a known issue with the "Minimal" option not working correctly inside the container app on the iPhone X.
- Manually typing a word after a new line might insert a space after the first character.
- The keyboard might not work properly on iPad when iOS Zoom is enabled.

Please tell us what works for you and what doesn't, so we can make FlickType better for you!

Happy typing! ☺️

Jessica D

[...]

It adds a space bar to the bottom row of keys when you are manually inputing text.

Chuck

On Sep 18, 2018, at 12:31 AM, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

works amazingly well here.

I see a New setting, maybe not new but I didn't notice it before. In the control keys section, called space bar row. What is it for? It is not explained in the Instructions.

Can't wait for Other languages…

Best,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 18/09/2018 à 07:12, Chuck Dean a écrit :
With the half screen keyboard you can interact with the app above the keyboard just as you would with the ios keyboard.
You can also use the rotor to move through the text.

On Sep 17, 2018, at 8:58 PM, Paula Page <fairyhugs@...> wrote:

Oh there are lots of advantages! You can use the keyboard just like the ordinary one, in that you can send messages without having to dismiss it. I love this, and makes it so easy to use!

Paula

On 18 Sep 2018, at 01:03, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

What advantages, if any, does half screen for voice over users?

Al

[...]

Jean-Philippe Rykiel