Topics

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? #poll

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

Results

See Who Responded

Paula Page

Don’t know how to vote, but I never disable voiceover.

Paula

On 16 Aug 2018, at 07:36, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

1. Sometimes
2. Never
3. Only when I need to restart it

Vote Now

Michael Maslo

2

On Aug 16, 2018, at 01:36, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

1. Sometimes
2. Never
3. Only when I need to restart it

Vote Now

Ken Clarkg

 Got lost trying to vote on survey, but I never turn off VoiceOver.

On Aug 16, 2018, at 6:44 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

2

On Aug 16, 2018, at 01:36, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

1. Sometimes
2. Never
3. Only when I need to restart it

Vote Now

Chuck Dean

I only disable VoiceOver if an app is not VoiceOver friendly. Otherwise I always use VoiceOver.
 Chuck

On Aug 15, 2018, at 11:36 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

1. Sometimes
2. Never
3. Only when I need to restart it

Vote Now

Harry Bell

I turn on voiceover mostly on my. iPhone (rather than iPad) because I can rarely get the text large and bold enough for me to read.
Harry

On 16 Aug 2018, at 14:28, Ken Clarkg <khclark1@...> wrote:

 Got lost trying to vote on survey, but I never turn off VoiceOver.

On Aug 16, 2018, at 6:44 AM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

2

On Aug 16, 2018, at 01:36, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you ever disable VoiceOver? If so, why?

1. Sometimes
2. Never
3. Only when I need to restart it

Vote Now

Eileen Misrahi

Like Chuck, I turn off VoiceOver when the app is not accessible such as an introductory tutorial is an image and I need to go to the last page to continue to the app or etc. I also turn off voiceover if there is a graphic item that needs to be tapped on, which is by trial and error if it will work. In the MBraille app, I turn off VoiceOver because there is a self-voicing feature that is more responsive in using the app.

William Stephan

The only time I would ever disable VO would be if a sighted person were doing something with my phone.  I sometimes turn off speech, as in when I’m readingwith a voiced app  or listening to music and don’t want to hear notifications, but VO is of course still enabled.