Topics

Sign in required with latest update from the app store

Daniel McGee

Hi Kosta and Ashley

Just downloaded the latest version of Flicktype from the app store and not sure if this is a problem or not.

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone. Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a method in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't entered my password yet and granted it permission.

So wanted to check in with you to see if this is normal behavior or not. By the way, this pop up box didn't appear on my iPad, where I have also installed the latest app store version.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason. If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem. Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a method
in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't entered my password
yet and granted it permission.

Daniel McGee

Hi Ashley, on your advice, I did as you suggested and it appears that I haven't signed out of the app store on my iPhone.

What would you recommend I do next?

Daniel

On 9 Aug 2018, at 19:00, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason. If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem. Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a method
in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't entered my password
yet and granted it permission.

Force of nature psychic

Is it possible that you have a transaction pending for Apple already? This has happened to me a couple of times and that was my issue. Then every time you try to make a purchase it asks you to sign in and make you think that you haven’t been signed in all this time LOL

Neil

On 9 Aug 2018, at 19:00, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason.  If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem.  Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug  8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a method
in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't entered my password
yet and granted it permission.

Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...>

Hello Daniel.

Does it happen when you try to use the flick type keyboard, or when you Launch the flick type app?

On the app, is your upgrade active?

I imagine it wants to reactivate your upgrade, At least that's what I thought when it happened to me On the previous update.

If you have double Identification on, I suppose no one can login to your app store account Without you being warned anyway.

Cheers,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 09/08/2018 à 23:50, Daniel McGee a écrit :
[...]

The message only shows up when I open the FlickType app on the iPhone. When I open on my iPad though, the message doesn't appear. Its really strange.

Don't worry, I have two factor enabled for my account and am very security conscious about not entering information for the sake of an app or service using it without myself acting upon it beforehand.

Its just really strange this happening on iPhone and not iPad.

it couldn't be that I didn't upgrade to the latest beta from TestFlight? Rather, I just jumped from the current build to the release released version to the app store.

Thinking aloud here. 🤔

On 9 Aug 2018, at 23:07, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Neil

Not really certain what you mean. Saying that though, I did get an apple billing invoice email for my Netflix and Flicktype subscriptions. So could that be the issue?

Could you further explain what happened to you?

Thanks much

Daniel

PS
Sorry for the duplicated messages coming through to the list. Don't know why that's happening and not sure what I could really do about it.

On 10 Aug 2018, at 00:47, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Ashley and Daniel,

I got this same treatment when I upgraded to version 2.3 148 a few days ago. I was asked to provide my Apple ID and I did with no problems. I found it a bit curious being a subscriber that it asked for this but I've suffered no ill effects of which I'm aware.

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason. If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem. Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a
method in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't
entered my password yet and granted it permission.

Gordon

Mine did that too, however it already had the apple ID filled in.

I got the impression that Apple wanted to confirm my upgrade. Actually it's done that to me every time the subscription renews. So on the fifth of the month Flick Type will say something to the affect that my subscription expired. So when I go to the app and select the upgrade tab I have to enter my Apple ID password and it sets my upgrade status back to active.

On 8/9/2018 11:20 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
[...]

Whenever my subscriptions renew I see the charge on my Visa and that is it. I just opened Flicktype and received a pop-up message thanking me for renewing my subscription, I tapped OK and once again that was it, Flicktype (the app) then opened and I received no further prompts to sign in.

This is the first report we've heard of this. We recommend you first going to the App Store and clicking your App Store profile to check whether you accidentally got signed out of the App Store for whatever reason. If you are signed out, signing back in here should alleviate the problem. Additionally, we do not believe risk signing in again when asked in FlickType, unless you have a jailbroken phone.

Please let us know how it goes,
Ashley

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 03:11 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:

When I opened the Flicktype app, it wanted me to: sign in on the iPhone.
Thought I would ask here first because I've read online that this is a
method in which bad people can take over an Apple ID. I haven't
entered my password yet and granted it permission.

Daniel McGee

So I updated to the latest TestFlight build and so far, I haven't gotten another sign in prompt. Touch wood.

 Very strange

 Daniel

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 at 07:11, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
Whenever my subscriptions renew I see the charge on my Visa and that is it. I just opened Flicktype and received a pop-up message thanking me for renewing my subscription, I tapped OK and once again that was it, Flicktype (the app) then opened and I received no further prompts to sign in.

Mine did that too, however it already had the apple ID filled in.

I got the impression that Apple wanted to confirm my upgrade. Actually
it's done that to me every time the subscription renews. So on the fifth
of the month Flick Type will say something to the affect that my
subscription expired. So when I go to the app and select the upgrade tab
I have to enter my Apple ID password and it sets my upgrade status back
to active.
On 8/9/2018 11:20 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
> Hi Ashley and Daniel,
>
> I got this same treatment when I upgraded to version 2.3 148 a few days ago. I was asked to provide my Apple ID and I did with no problems. I found it a bit curious being a subscriber that it asked for this but I've suffered no ill effects of which I'm aware.
>
> Alan Lemly

Yesterday I got a sign in prompt when I tried to listen to a song on Apple Music, which seems somewhat related to your random sign in prompt. I signed in and everything else seemed normal.

Cheers!
Ashley

Daniel McGee

Interesting. Ashley and all, when any app asks for Apple ID sign in, is there a default place where I can go to check and verify that I do need to sign in or not?

Hope that makes sense. Using latest IOS 11 version.

Daniel

On 11 Aug 2018, at 15:23, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

Yesterday I got a sign in prompt when I tried to listen to a song on Apple Music, which seems somewhat related to your random sign in prompt. I signed in and everything else seemed normal.

Cheers!
Ashley

Edited

Hi Daniel,

All I've found online are old articles about the problem. The typical instructions were available, restart your device and if it's still happening, sign out of the App Store and sign back in. You can do this in settings, click your name at the top of the list, iTunes and App Store, click your Apple ID and sign out. If this doesn't work they recommend you try to change your password. I want to clarify based on your last message: when you get the standard Apple ID sign-in form, this is not the app asking for your Apple ID sign in, this is coming directly from Apple.

Good luck!
Ashley

Daniel McGee

Hi Ashley, this is reassuring to know. Eventually got fed up with the sign in prompt, so went ahead and signed in and problem went away. ☺️