Topics

Help us decide what to work on next! #poll

vanderson pessoa

I vote portuguese as aditional language.

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>

I mentioned that issue earlier and am not sure what causes it. Since Mbraille seems to have the same problem, I'm beginning to suspect it might be more an apple limitation. moreover, the dismiss and next keyboard buttons can be enabled in the settings of the main flicktype app, and can also be envoked with a one finger swipe up or down and long hold. Hope this helps.

Chuck Dean

Hello, 
 If you do not have access to the next keyboard button at the bottom left area of the screen, go to the container app and be sure it is turned on in settings. 

You can also do a flick up and hold to change keyboards. 
 I hope this helps, Chuck 

On Jul 24, 2018, at 7:01 PM, Jack Mitchell <jmitchell.nc@...> wrote:

My vote would be for the cursor position announcement, but on a related note, I have found no way to move the cursor from beginning of text to the end of text once the flicktype keyboard comes up.  It has made it almost impossible to add to text I have already written.  And I also don't seem to have access to the next keyboard button anywhere, so I can't get back to the standard keyboard.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 9:00 PM Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:
1, 13, 14.

--
Jack Mitchell
Durham, NC

Jack Mitchell <jmitchell.nc@...>

My vote would be for the cursor position announcement, but on a related note, I have found no way to move the cursor from beginning of text to the end of text once the flicktype keyboard comes up.  It has made it almost impossible to add to text I have already written.  And I also don't seem to have access to the next keyboard button anywhere, so I can't get back to the standard keyboard.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 9:00 PM Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:
1, 13, 14.

--
Jack Mitchell
Durham, NC

Srikanth Kanuri

1 7

George Cham

Just tried typing with Flick Type and music in the background, very distracting

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Tangela <tangelam.m@...>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:17:33 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Help us decide what to work on next!

The feature I most need, which I'm not sure whether you're able to do, as I'm not sure if its an issue with Flicktype or Apple, would be the ability to continually review the text of a previously written document with flicktype. Ex. If I write a 10 paragraph document, whether using flicktype or not, dismiss flicktype so that the text then leaves the flicktype cursor and enters the document, then later enter flicktype to edit that text, I can't actually review that text beyond the first line with Flicktype. A half-screen feature *MIGHT* fix this.

I also use flicktype for fiction writing often, so my suggestions, in order of importance would be:

Half screen keyboard

iCloud sync: (I alternate between my iphone and ipad often on the same project and updating dictionary entries on both is cumbersome.

Customize symbols keyboard: The ability to add quotation marks to my most used punctuation marks would be an amazing time saver.

Beyond this would be extra polishing features which, while really nice, wouldn't be essential to every day use.

Word completion/predictive

Tap sound on touchdown instead of lift up: ( just makes the app feel snappier)

Flick left and hold for quick delete

Flick sounds, new sound scheme, and customisation seem grouped to me.

--
iPhone 8+, iOS 11.4, public beta 1.

Brandon Cross

1, 13, 14.

Tangela

The feature I most need, which I'm not sure whether you're able to do, as I'm not sure if its an issue with Flicktype or Apple, would be the ability to continually review the text of a previously written document with flicktype. Ex. If I write a 10 paragraph document, whether using flicktype or not, dismiss flicktype so that the text then leaves the flicktype cursor and enters the document, then later enter flicktype to edit that text, I can't actually review that text beyond the first line with Flicktype. A half-screen feature *MIGHT* fix this.

I also use flicktype for fiction writing often, so my suggestions, in order of importance would be:

Half screen keyboard

iCloud sync: (I alternate between my iphone and ipad often on the same project and updating dictionary entries on both is cumbersome.

Customize symbols keyboard: The ability to add quotation marks to my most used punctuation marks would be an amazing time saver.

Beyond this would be extra polishing features which, while really nice, wouldn't be essential to every day use.

Word completion/predictive

Tap sound on touchdown instead of lift up: ( just makes the app feel snappier)

Flick left and hold for quick delete

Flick sounds, new sound scheme, and customisation seem grouped to me.

--
iPhone 8+, iOS 11.4, public beta 1.

Paula Page

Hi, I’m not sure how to fill in the poll, but my 2 top things would be a half-screen keyboard and full emoji keyboard.

Thank you, Flicktype is a great app! :)

Paula

On 24 Jul 2018, at 18:04, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

What feature would you like us to add next? Please feel free to choose more than one option and reply below if you'd like to include a prioritized list.

1. Half screen keyboard
2. Flick left and hold for quick delete
3. Full emoji keyboard
4. Tap sound on touchdown instead of lift up
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
7. Text replacement shortcuts
8. A cursor position announcement when returning to FlickType after dismissing the keyboard
9. The ability to customize the colors and look of the keyboard, including High Contrast modes
10. Sound theme customization
11. Ability to spell back specific words
12. Dictionary words added with ranking in suggestions
13. Word Completion
14. Predictive engine prioritize the suggestions by past use to recognize context
15. Customize symbols keyboard
16. Additional languages (please reply below with your language of choice)

Vote Now

Jean-Philippe Rykiel

Hello,
Thank you for the survey. I think I replied except for my language which would be French of coarse.
Cheers,
Jpr

Le 24 juil. 2018 à 19:04, FlickType <hello@...> a écrit :

What feature would you like us to add next? Please feel free to choose more than one option and reply below if you'd like to include a prioritized list.

1. Half screen keyboard
3. Full emoji keyboard
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
8. A cursor position announcement when returning to FlickType after dismissing the keyboard
9. The ability to customize the colors and look of the keyboard, including High Contrast modes
13. Word Completion
14. Predictive engine prioritize the suggestions by past use to recognize context

Vote Now

Chuck Dean

Here are my suggestion is in order of importance.

1. Half screen keyboard

​  (would not be necessary with a half screen keyboard)​

​Chuclk​

On Jul 24, 2018, at 10:04 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

1. Half screen keyboard
3. Full emoji keyboard
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
13. Word Completion

Vote Now

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

Flick&hold for delete; A cursor position announcement when returning to FlickType after dismissing the keyboard; and Predictive engine prioritize the suggestions by past use to recognize context.
El 24/07/2018 a las 12:04 p.m., FlickType escribió:

1. Half screen keyboard
3. Full emoji keyboard
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
13. Word Completion

Vote Now

-- 
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Gordon

2-7-11-13

On 7/24/2018 12:13 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

1, 14, 5, 2. From most important to me to least.

On 24-Jul-2018 12:04 PM, FlickType wrote:

1. Half screen keyboard
3. Full emoji keyboard
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
13. Word Completion

Vote Now

Tyler Wood

1, 14, 5, 2. From most important to me to least.

On 24-Jul-2018 12:04 PM, FlickType wrote:

1. Half screen keyboard
3. Full emoji keyboard
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
13. Word Completion

Vote Now

Michael Maslo

On Jul 24, 2018, at 12:04, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

1. Half screen keyboard
3. Full emoji keyboard
5. iCloud sync
6. Flick sounds
13. Word Completion

Vote Now

Thank you for voting.