Date   
Re: Do you have an Apple Watch? #poll

 

Hi Harry,

 

As jean-Philippe said, “Click on the link that says  send me a link to login and you will be done”.

If you click on this link check your email accounts to see which account received the email, then click on the link in the email and you will be logged in without even having to enter a password. You can then update the password if you wish for future use.

 

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Harry Bell via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 3:21 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Do you have an Apple Watch? #poll

 

How do I find out which of my email addresses I used to sign up to groups.Io?

  


On 13 Oct 2018, at 08:10, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Harry, it's not that hard.

Click on the link that says  send me a link to login and you will be done.

Best,

JPR

 

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel
 

Le 13/10/2018 à 08:57, Harry Bell via Groups.Io a écrit :

I do have a series 4 watch, but when i followed the link from your email to go to the poll, keychain logged me in but the site told me im not subscribed with that email address! Too complicated, i give up. 

Harry


On 12 Oct 2018, at 23:47, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you have an Apple Watch?

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

 

Re: Do you have an Apple Watch? #poll

Harry Bell
 

Thanks, now solved! I got a link to sign in but Keychain suggested the hotmail email and when i clicked on the link, i still got a page telling me i am not subscribed. So i tried signing in with google but after all the verification, i got to a page telling me that the group does not exust! So i guessed it must be my icloud address and got a password reminder and tgat worked! This must be the penalty for using 3 different email addresses!

On 13 Oct 2018, at 11:40, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:

Hi Harry,

 

As jean-Philippe said, “Click on the link that says  send me a link to login and you will be done”.

If you click on this link check your email accounts to see which account received the email, then click on the link in the email and you will be logged in without even having to enter a password. You can then update the password if you wish for future use.

 

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Harry Bell via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 3:21 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Do you have an Apple Watch? #poll

 

How do I find out which of my email addresses I used to sign up to groups.Io?

  


On 13 Oct 2018, at 08:10, Jean-Philippe Rykiel <jprykiel@...> wrote:

Harry, it's not that hard.

Click on the link that says  send me a link to login and you will be done.

Best,

JPR

 

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel
 

Le 13/10/2018 à 08:57, Harry Bell via Groups.Io a écrit :

I do have a series 4 watch, but when i followed the link from your email to go to the poll, keychain logged me in but the site told me im not subscribed with that email address! Too complicated, i give up. 

Harry


On 12 Oct 2018, at 23:47, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

Do you have an Apple Watch?

1. Yes
2. No

Vote Now

 

Re: Have you received my yearly subscription yet?

Daniel McGee
 

Update folks: have received the apple email today confirming my yearly subscription. Not sure why it took this long but there you go.

Regards

Daniel

On 4 Oct 2018, at 23:17, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

That's nice of you to check in about payment, smile. Chuck is correct, we are not able to see if your purchase went through, but your assumption about your password prompt sounds correct to me. Apple should send you an email confirmation soon confirming your FlickType subscription.

Super appreciate all your support over these months!

Warmly,
Ashley


Re: Have you received my yearly subscription yet?

 

Your annual subscription would have been charged and become active at the end of your current monthly subscription. If you changed it from monthly to annual a day after your monthly renewal you wouldn't be charged/notified until 29 days later. In actual terms, if your monthly subscription renewed on the 14th of every month and you had changed it from monthly to annual on the 15th or 16th, a day or 2 after the renewal, the annual subscription would only start on the 14th the following month since your payment is always for the period ahead.
Similarly, if you cancel the yearly subscription tomorrow now that it is active, you still can use Flicktype until October 14 next year since you already paid for the year.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Daniel McGee
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2018 7:13 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Have you received my yearly subscription yet?

Update folks: have received the apple email today confirming my yearly subscription. Not sure why it took this long but there you go.

Regards

Daniel

On 4 Oct 2018, at 23:17, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

That's nice of you to check in about payment, smile. Chuck is correct, we are not able to see if your purchase went through, but your assumption about your password prompt sounds correct to me. Apple should send you an email confirmation soon confirming your FlickType subscription.

Super appreciate all your support over these months!

Warmly,
Ashley


What is that feature called?

Daniel McGee
 

Hi fellow flick typers.


Using the original Fleksy as an example here. What is that feature called where you enter part of a word manually but know the rest of the spelling for it and by applying the rest of the pattern for a given word, it is entered upon swiping right for completion.



I hope that makes sense.



Have noticed that: flicktype classic is able to do this. Where as the new flicktype container app and its use in all other apps doesn't have this functionality built in.



Again, hoping this makes some sense. If not, please do let me know and I would be more than happy to provide an example or two.



Kind regards



Daniel

Re: What is that feature called?

Jessica D
 

I,

Are you talking about text prediction?

 

I’d like to see the ability to have Flicktype do like the IOS keyboard does, and display its predictions above the keynoard, 3 at a time.

 

The current system could still be used to easily navigate those suggestions.

 

Thanks,

 

Jessica

 

 

 

                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Daniel McGee
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 9:42 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] What is that feature called?

 

Hi fellow flick typers.

 

 

Using the original Fleksy as an example here. What is that feature called where you enter part of a word manually but know the rest of the spelling for it and by applying the rest of the pattern for a given word, it is entered upon swiping right for completion.

 

 

 

I hope that makes sense.

 

 

 

Have noticed that: flicktype classic is able to do this. Where as the new flicktype container app and its use in all other apps doesn't have this functionality built in.

 

 

 

Again, hoping this makes some sense. If not, please do let me know and I would be more than happy to provide an example or two.

 

 

 

Kind regards

 

 

 

Daniel

 

 

Re: What is that feature called?

 

I think that is not the point of Flicktype and navigating predictions as it is currently done by swiping down is much better and easier, I wish Apple would figure out a way to let Voiceover users do this, e.g. that as you type predictions are automatically spoken and say you could flick down or up to cycle through them.

 

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 8:51 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] What is that feature called?

 

I,

Are you talking about text prediction?

 

I’d like to see the ability to have Flicktype do like the IOS keyboard does, and display its predictions above the keynoard, 3 at a time.

 

The current system could still be used to easily navigate those suggestions.

 

Thanks,

 

Jessica

 

 

 

                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Daniel McGee
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 9:42 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] What is that feature called?

 

Hi fellow flick typers.

 

 

Using the original Fleksy as an example here. What is that feature called where you enter part of a word manually but know the rest of the spelling for it and by applying the rest of the pattern for a given word, it is entered upon swiping right for completion.

 

 

 

I hope that makes sense.

 

 

 

Have noticed that: flicktype classic is able to do this. Where as the new flicktype container app and its use in all other apps doesn't have this functionality built in.

 

 

 

Again, hoping this makes some sense. If not, please do let me know and I would be more than happy to provide an example or two.

 

 

 

Kind regards

 

 

 

Daniel

 

 

Re: Have you received my yearly subscription yet?

 

Thanks for the support, Daniel!! Smile!

Warmly,
Ashley

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 07:12 PM, Daniel McGee wrote:


Update folks: have received the apple email today confirming my yearly
subscription. Not sure why it took this long but there you go.

Re: What is that feature called?

 

Thanks, Sieghard, I agree with your preference. When touch typing on the iOS keyboard it is mostly faster to have the predictions above the keyboard, but with FlickType's way of typing without waiting for the feedback of the letters, the predictions above the keyboard would mostly slow a user down in comparison.

Is this what you're referring to Daniel? Or are you referring to something different than word prediction? For long words and emails, you can set up shortcuts in the iOS settings that work with FlickType. For long words, or things that you have to touch type like email addresses, these shortcuts do save lots of time. Please let me know if you want instructions on how to use this feature. You don't even have to touch type, you can enter the first few letters without waiting for the letter announcements and flick right for the email address to be automatically filled in.

Cheers!
Ashley

Re: What is that feature called?

Daniel McGee
 

Hi all

No, predictions are not what I ment.

To use the word: impossible as the example.

If one typed out the following letters of this word manually: i m p o. Then followed this up with the tap typing method, with fleksy and the flicktype classic app, to complete the word. You will find that the word is completed. However, do this with the new FlickType app and in any app that contains text and part manual typing of a word doesn't auto complete to your nearest guess.

Does this makes sense to everybody?

This is sort of handy in situations where: you know the beginning spelling of a word and by making a reasonable guess of the rest of the respective word that you have trouble spelling, I have found that more often than not, the word to turn out correct with a combination of: part manual entry / tap typing the rest of it out.

Again, hoping this is further understood because it's the best I can do in describing it out for everyone to understand the concept.

Kind regards

Daniel

On 16 Oct 2018, at 20:05, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks, Sieghard, I agree with your preference. When touch typing on the iOS keyboard it is mostly faster to have the predictions above the keyboard, but with FlickType's way of typing without waiting for the feedback of the letters, the predictions above the keyboard would mostly slow a user down in comparison.

Is this what you're referring to Daniel? Or are you referring to something different than word prediction? For long words and emails, you can set up shortcuts in the iOS settings that work with FlickType. For long words, or things that you have to touch type like email addresses, these shortcuts do save lots of time. Please let me know if you want instructions on how to use this feature. You don't even have to touch type, you can enter the first few letters without waiting for the letter announcements and flick right for the email address to be automatically filled in.

Cheers!
Ashley


Re: What is that feature called?

Benny Barber
 

Yes,I understand and it would be nice to have this feature.
Benny

On Oct 17, 2018, at 11:41 AM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi all

No, predictions are not what I ment.

To use the word: impossible as the example.

If one typed out the following letters of this word manually: i m p o. Then followed this up with the tap typing method, with fleksy and the flicktype classic app, to complete the word. You will find that the word is completed. However, do this with the new FlickType app and in any app that contains text and part manual typing of a word doesn't auto complete to your nearest guess.

Does this makes sense to everybody?

This is sort of handy in situations where: you know the beginning spelling of a word and by making a reasonable guess of the rest of the respective word that you have trouble spelling, I have found that more often than not, the word to turn out correct with a combination of: part manual entry / tap typing the rest of it out.

Again, hoping this is further understood because it's the best I can do in describing it out for everyone to understand the concept.

Kind regards

Daniel

On 16 Oct 2018, at 20:05, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks, Sieghard, I agree with your preference. When touch typing on the iOS keyboard it is mostly faster to have the predictions above the keyboard, but with FlickType's way of typing without waiting for the feedback of the letters, the predictions above the keyboard would mostly slow a user down in comparison.

Is this what you're referring to Daniel? Or are you referring to something different than word prediction? For long words and emails, you can set up shortcuts in the iOS settings that work with FlickType. For long words, or things that you have to touch type like email addresses, these shortcuts do save lots of time. Please let me know if you want instructions on how to use this feature. You don't even have to touch type, you can enter the first few letters without waiting for the letter announcements and flick right for the email address to be automatically filled in.

Cheers!
Ashley



Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Field, S. (Scott)
 

Hi Ashley and Kosta

Would it be possible to allow FlickType to go into landscape mode even if lock rotation is on?  I believe that the Overcast app overrides the IOS setting for rotating lock so it may be possible.  The reason is simply that with voiceover  reading a webpage, email or any lengthy piece of text, the reading stops if you inadvertently move the phone into landscape mode and then you have to set it to read again.  This is why I keep my phone’s lock rotation switched on.  I then need to switch it off when I want to type a long piece of text using FlickType and then remember to switch it  back on after typing, something I almost always forget to do.  I can imagine that this is not possible with a third-party keyboard, but thought it to be worth asking.

Thank you

 

signature_701642720

 

Scott Field

 

Senior Development Manager | Group Technology | Nedbank Ltd

 

1st Floor, Clocktower, Cape Town, South Africa

PO Box 1144, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa

T +27 (0)21 412 3174  F +27 (0)21 412 0000  C +27 (0)81 018 9199  @ Scottf@...  

Website nedbank.co.za

 

 

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - At Nedbank we are committed to minimising our environmental impact and encourage the preservation of natural capital

 

 


********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Microsoft Outlook for IOS issues

Field, S. (Scott)
 

Hi

I am sure Kosta and Ashley know this, but just in case you don’t, the issues in Outlook for IOS persist in the latest beta update. 

It would be great if this bug could be resolved.  Other than this minor issue, I absolutely love the keyboard. 

Thank you

 

 

signature_1994727947

 

Scott Field

 

Senior Development Manager | Group Technology | Nedbank Ltd

 

1st Floor, Clocktower, Cape Town, South Africa

PO Box 1144, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa

T +27 (0)21 412 3174  F +27 (0)21 412 0000  C +27 (0)81 018 9199  @ Scottf@...  

Website nedbank.co.za

 

 

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - At Nedbank we are committed to minimising our environmental impact and encourage the preservation of natural capital

 

 


********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

 

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is not normally possible, so we would need to implement some kind of workaround. Let's ask the group if they'd also find this feature useful since it will take some work.

Group,
Do others in the group feel like this would be useful for you as well?

Cheers!
Ashley

Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Paula Page
 

It wouldn’t for me, personally, I’m happy typing in portrait mode.

Paula

On 19 Oct 2018, at 19:52, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is not normally possible, so we would need to implement some kind of workaround. Let's ask the group if they'd also find this feature useful since it will take some work.

Group,
Do others in the group feel like this would be useful for you as well?

Cheers!
Ashley


Re: Microsoft Outlook for IOS issues

 

Hi Scott,

Thanks for bringing this issue up. Would you mind reminding us exactly what you're experiencing with Outlook? This issue has been reported a couple of times and I believe changed slightly over the weeks, so a refresher is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Ken Ewing
 

Hello, I’m comfortable typing in portrait mode. Maybe you can create a gesture or a setting that will allow it to go to landscape as well.

Regards,
Ken Ewing

On Oct 19, 2018, at 1:52 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is not normally possible, so we would need to implement some kind of workaround. Let's ask the group if they'd also find this feature useful since it will take some work.

Group,
Do others in the group feel like this would be useful for you as well?

Cheers!
Ashley


Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Chuck Dean
 

Hello Ashley,
I doubt I would use this feature because I keep the screen orientation unlocked so typing in landscape mode is never a problem.

I would also like to see a rapid delete gesture like FlickType Classic has.😎 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Oct 19, 2018, at 11:52 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the suggestion.  This is not normally possible, so we would need to implement some kind of workaround. Let's ask the group if they'd also find this feature useful since it will take some work.

Group,
Do others in the group feel like this would be useful for you as well?

Cheers!
Ashley



Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Jennie Facer
 

Hi,

This feature thd not be any use to me.

Jenn

Jenn and Kumi

On Oct 19, 2018, at 12:52 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is not normally possible, so we would need to implement some kind of workaround. Let's ask the group if they'd also find this feature useful since it will take some work.

Group,
Do others in the group feel like this would be useful for you as well?

Cheers!
Ashley


Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

 

I would love it, I hate to have my orientation unlocked so unlike Chuck I simply won't use Flicktype in landscape mode even if I'd maybe like to do so at times.
I know what is suggested can definitely be done because the Ring Video Doorbell app, for example, also switches to landscape mode when I enable Lifeview or if somebody rings the doorbell and I tap on the notification to answer the ring.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jennie Facer via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 5:47 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Hi,

This feature thd not be any use to me.

Jenn

Jenn and Kumi

On Oct 19, 2018, at 12:52 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the suggestion. This is not normally possible, so we would need to implement some kind of workaround. Let's ask the group if they'd also find this feature useful since it will take some work.

Group,
Do others in the group feel like this would be useful for you as well?

Cheers!
Ashley