Date   
text predictability

Alan Robbins
 

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al

Re: Duplicated messages to the chat list

Maria Reyes
 

Hi, 
If I look in my sent mailbox, I see 2 messages to the same group with the same subject and the same body. I wonder if it’s because the messages are coming back to me and the whole group and the other message is what I sent? 

 


From: 20354023160n behalf of
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 1:20 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Duplicated messages to the chat list
 
Hmmm where are you receiving these double copy of the messages? I notice Jessica has two emails in the system but everyone else just has one account. On our end we are only receiving one message from each of you. My assumption is this is a Groups.io setting or issue. Maybe check your Groups.io settings?




Re: Request for App Store reviews

 

Thank you all for the amazing App Store reviews, it means a lot to us!
❤️
- FlickType

Cursor in half screen builds

Ken Clarkg
 

Sends these later bills now when I try to edit if I’m even in the iOS keyboard scream if I move my cursor to a different place by lien letter word and then I go into my flip type keyboard the cursor don’t stay where I put it I’ve tried several times and it keeps going back to one word and I can’t get out of it I thought it should be that if you go on your iOS keyboard and you move the cursor




Sent from my iPhone I thought that the cursor was supposed to stay the same when you move from one keyboard to the other apparently not and does that make it rough to edit and article

Re: [Flick Type] text predictability

Alan Robbins
 

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al

Re: [Flick Type] text predictability

Jean-Philippe Rykiel
 

Hello Al. I didn't notice this, maybe because I am French and do not use the app as much as you do, but I get the word I want almost on first position every time. I noticed though, that as the keyboard takes the entire screen, it is best to place your hand a little bit higher than you would do with the standard iOS Keyboard.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jpr



http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 25 août 2018 à 13:35, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al







Re: [Flick Type] [Flick Type] text predictability

Alan Robbins
 

JPR,

Thanks for the feedback. So, I will take your suggestion into account and practice. I am gleaning from your statement the closer one gets to typing correctly, the better the predictability?

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jean-Philippe Rykiel
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:08 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] [Flick Type] text predictability


Hello Al. I didn't notice this, maybe because I am French and do not use the app as much as you do, but I get the word I want almost on first position every time. I noticed though, that as the keyboard takes the entire screen, it is best to place your hand a little bit higher than you would do with the standard iOS Keyboard.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jpr



http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 25 août 2018 à 13:35, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al







Re: [Flick Type] [Flick Type] text predictability

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
Yes, the more accurate your tabs are the better the predictability.

Personally, when my predictability starts getting low, I concentrate on tapping more accurately. It always works!
Chuck

On Aug 25, 2018, at 9:41 AM, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

JPR,

Thanks for the feedback. So, I will take your suggestion into account and practice. I am gleaning from your statement the closer one gets to typing correctly, the better the predictability?

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jean-Philippe Rykiel
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:08 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] [Flick Type] text predictability


Hello Al. I didn't notice this, maybe because I am French and do not use the app as much as you do, but I get the word I want almost on first position every time. I noticed though, that as the keyboard takes the entire screen, it is best to place your hand a little bit higher than you would do with the standard iOS Keyboard.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jpr



http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 25 août 2018 à 13:35, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al












Re: [Flick Type] [Flick Type] text predictability

Jean-Philippe Rykiel
 

Le 25/08/2018 à 18:41, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io a écrit :
JPR,

Thanks for the feedback. So, I will take your suggestion into account and practice. I am gleaning from your statement the closer one gets to typing correctly, the better the predictability?

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jean-Philippe Rykiel
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:08 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] [Flick Type] text predictability


Hello Al. I didn't notice this, maybe because I am French and do not use the app as much as you do, but I get the word I want almost on first position every time. I noticed though, that as the keyboard takes the entire screen, it is best to place your hand a little bit higher than you would do with the standard iOS Keyboard.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jpr



http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 25 août 2018 à 13:35, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al











Re: [Flick Type] [Flick Type] text predictability

Alan Robbins
 

Thanks. I have tried to day to be more accurate and it definitely makes a difference. I guess knowing the screen fills the whole phone, not just bottom half has helped.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:13 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] [Flick Type] [Flick Type] text predictability

Hello,
Yes, the more accurate your tabs are the better the predictability.

Personally, when my predictability starts getting low, I concentrate on tapping more accurately. It always works!
Chuck

On Aug 25, 2018, at 9:41 AM, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

JPR,

Thanks for the feedback. So, I will take your suggestion into account and practice. I am gleaning from your statement the closer one gets to typing correctly, the better the predictability?

Best,
Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jean-Philippe Rykiel
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:08 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] [Flick Type] text predictability


Hello Al. I didn't notice this, maybe because I am French and do not use the app as much as you do, but I get the word I want almost on first position every time. I noticed though, that as the keyboard takes the entire screen, it is best to place your hand a little bit higher than you would do with the standard iOS Keyboard.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Jpr



http://www.jprykiel.com

http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
Http://www.facebook.com/jprykiel

Le 25 août 2018 à 13:35, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Posted yesterday, no responses given.
I would say I get about 60% predictability on text input, is that about what others are getting? It seems the longer the word, the greater the predictability which makes sense to me as there are less words to choose from. 4 and 5 letter words seem the most troublesome. Does the app take into account the previous text one has entered and what the topic is about?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2018 10:54 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] text predictability

I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al












Re: text predictability

Gina Grunden
 

 I get excellent predictions when I use FlickType, but I really only type with my index fingers. Heh. 

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 1:24 PM Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been using the flick type app for a while now and have purchased to give developers some revenue. I do not seem to achieve the high percentage of predictability the app touts as well as many users. Are there ways of input to increase predictability?

Best,
Al




Better word accuracy

Ken Clarkg
 

What I found myself doing was that I was misjudging the height of the keyboard, by that I mean when I thought I was typing letters on the top row I was on the middle row, I had to learn to type a little higher.
🦇man and Ken

Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.

Lachlan Thomas <lachlan.thomas@...>
 

Hello.

Today I started trying out flick type, I like it, but if I'm listening to audio on my iPhone and I invoke the flick type keyboard, the audio stops. Why is this so?

Typing speed, perspective of a person with very limited vision

Field, S. (Scott)
 

Hi

I have both Flicktype Beta as well as Fleksy installed as third party keyboards. 

I did a test this weekend to see which one I can type faster with. 

This test was done in a  quiet environment where it was easy to hear the voiceover feedback. 

The result is that Fleksy is still faster due to two reasons only.  FlickType is better than Fleksy in all other ways::

  1. As much as I have tried, I cannot type quickly with two hands in landscape or portrait mode, I get the “Letters lower case” message within the first few words I type.  Then I have to figure out which bit that I have typed is still there, clean it up and continue typing at a slower pace as to not get the “Letters lower case” message again.   A very simple fix for this would be to put an option in the settings to disable the two finger tap to change case.  There is after all an alternative option  available for most users, giving the option would be great.
  2. The dictionary in FlickType is a bit limited.  Some standard English words simply don’t get recognised by FlickType where they do in Fleksy. The most recent example I came across is “jamming”.  Is there a different dictionary used between the two apps.?  A  nice feature addition would be to allow one to slowly type out the unrecognised word and then flicking up with one finger to save that word to the dictionary as in the case of Fleksy, thereby ensuring that you only need to do this once for each particular word that is not recognised.  This would also be very useful for people’s names.

Yesterday I was in a noisy restaurant and found it was a pleasure to type out a short message using FlickType  as I could see the large typed words and didn’t need to read it back, that was the most pleasant experience I have had when typing out a message on my phone in a noisy area. 

The app is getting better with every release and it is clear that Kosta and Ashley are working hard to get it right for the blind and low vision community, the efforts are truly appreciated. 

Thank you

Scott field


********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Re: Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.

Alan Robbins
 

Yes, I just noticed this the other day while listening to a baseball game
with the MLB at bat app, very annoying. Hopefully this will be addressed.
However, that said, still a lot of positives when using this app. I still do
dictate whenever possible as it is much preferred and much quicker. However,
when I do need to type I love the flicktype app.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of via
Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:04 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.



Hello.

Today I started trying out flick type, I like it, but if I'm listening to
audio on my iPhone and I invoke the flick type keyboard, the audio stops.
Why is this so?

Re: Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.

Jessica D
 

Hello ,


I've noticed this too
Sent fro.m my iPho, when listening to podcasts, or any audio for that matter. This is definitely a serious bug, and should be fixed as soon as possible. This is just a thought, but maybe it has something to do with the voice feedback setting that can be enabled when voiceover is turned off.

Also, as I type, FlickType will randomly crash. I'm using an iPhone X, running iOS 11.4.1 e

On Aug 27, 2018, at 7:45 AM, Alan Robbins via Groups.Io <alan1057=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes, I just noticed this the other day while listening to a baseball game
with the MLB at bat app, very annoying. Hopefully this will be addressed.
However, that said, still a lot of positives when using this app. I still do
dictate whenever possible as it is much preferred and much quicker. However,
when I do need to type I love the flicktype app.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of via
Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:04 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.



Hello.

Today I started trying out flick type, I like it, but if I'm listening to
audio on my iPhone and I invoke the flick type keyboard, the audio stops.
Why is this so?





Re: Typing speed, perspective of a person with very limited vision

Chuck Dean
 


Hello Scot, 
If you manually type a word in flicktype, that word will be entered into the dictionary once you finish the typing session. The only problem with this is if you need to type the same word more then once in a session. 

 As a fomer fleksy user, I am curious, what keyboard configuration are you using? Are you using the space bar or minimal keyboard? 
Also, when you type with fleksy do you get a stuttering speech when it reads back a word? 

Also, if you are using the minimal keyboard, how do you insert a new line, and how do you change to the iOS keyboard. These were the main problems I had with fleksy besides the prediction engine didn't seem as accurate. 

ChuckF

On Aug 26, 2018, at 11:08 PM, Field, S. (Scott) <ScottF@...> wrote:

Hi

I have both Flicktype Beta as well as Fleksy installed as third party keyboards. 

I did a test this weekend to see which one I can type faster with. 

This test was done in a  quiet environment where it was easy to hear the voiceover feedback. 

The result is that Fleksy is still faster due to two reasons only.  FlickType is better than Fleksy in all other ways::

  1. As much as I have tried, I cannot type quickly with two hands in landscape or portrait mode, I get the “Letters lower case” message within the first few words I type.  Then I have to figure out which bit that I have typed is still there, clean it up and continue typing at a slower pace as to not get the “Letters lower case” message again.   A very simple fix for this would be to put an option in the settings to disable the two finger tap to change case.  There is after all an alternative option  available for most users, giving the option would be great.
  2. The dictionary in FlickType is a bit limited.  Some standard English words simply don’t get recognised by FlickType where they do in Fleksy. The most recent example I came across is “jamming”.  Is there a different dictionary used between the two apps.?  A  nice feature addition would be to allow one to slowly type out the unrecognised word and then flicking up with one finger to save that word to the dictionary as in the case of Fleksy, thereby ensuring that you only need to do this once for each particular word that is not recognised.  This would also be very useful for people’s names.

Yesterday I was in a noisy restaurant and found it was a pleasure to type out a short message using FlickType  as I could see the large typed words and didn’t need to read it back, that was the most pleasant experience I have had when typing out a message on my phone in a noisy area. 

The app is getting better with every release and it is clear that Kosta and Ashley are working hard to get it right for the blind and low vision community, the efforts are truly appreciated. 

Thank you

Scott field


********************

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser

********************

Re: Music stops when flick type keyboard is invoked.

 

Hi All,

Our users have been able to listen to music and podcasts without issue while using FlickType when their audio playback is set to unduckable and not customizable in the FlickType settings. You may need to restart the audio once after changing the setting but it should work from there on out. If you still have trouble, please restart your device and try again.

Jessica,
Will you please use this link and send us the information to help us find the crash. Please don't worry about the screen recording bullet for now, but please do send the crash logs and the remaining information: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello/wiki/Reporting-Bugs

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Typing speed, perspective of a person with very limited vision

 

Hi Scott,

Sincerely appreciate the thoughtful review and comparison, thank you!

In regards to your first point with the unintentional invocation of the shift shortcut, we've been considering this issue for fast two-handed typists like yourself and we think we may have come up with a simple solution where we require a little longer two-finger tap to invoke shift, that way the system doesn't misunderstand quick successive taps. We will be implementing a fix for this soon.

As for your second issue, we agree that the dictionary is not as extensive as we'd like. Due to the nature of our autocorrect engine and ranking system it is quite a large undertaking to update the existing dictionary, though this is high on our list of goals it will take us a little bit of time to get there. We hope the convenience of adding words to the dictionary helps a little bit in counteracting this shortcoming.

Thanks, again!
Ashley

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 11:09 PM, Field, S. (Scott) wrote:


restaurant and found it was a pleasure to type out a short message using
FlickType  as I could see the large typed words and didn’t need to read it
back, that was the most pleasant experience I have had when typing out a
message on my phone in a noisy area. 

The app is getting better with every release and it is clear that Kosta and
Ashley are working hard to get it right for the blind and low vision
community, the efforts are truly appreciated. 

Thank you

Re: [Flick Type] text predictability

Alan Robbins
 

Ashley,

iPhone 6s.
Don't understand what you mean by keyboard? Nothing external, on the iPhone I have the built in one, flicktype, and imogee. I generally use flicktype and thus the question. I am finding that predictability is better the closer to the letters I get. However, given it is full screen, when I drag my finger around to kind of get an idea of where letters are located compared to the IOS built in keyboard, does not seem that different. Suggestions?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 7:15 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] [Flick Type] text predictability

Hi Al,

It seems as though the predictability for you is extremely low compared to what should be the case, especially for 4 or 5 letter words which are typically not troublesome. What type of device are you using? What keyboard do you typically use on your device? The app does not take into account what words have previously been typed at this time, but even without that, we have an extremely powerful autocorrect engine that is reliable out of the box.

Thanks,
Ashley