Date   
Re: Sounds

Harry Bell
 

I've just deleted and then installed it again and now I do get haptic feedback as I type. No clicks though: should I get sounds as well as haptic feedback?

On 17 Apr 2019, at 17:49, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hey Harry,
Did you try a phone reboot? Toggle setting off and back on. Sometimes that will do the trick. Delete and reinstall app to clear out what might be affecting it.
Best,
JP

On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm using latest beta of Flicktype on my iPhone XS on latest iOS and I hear no clicks as I type despite all such settings being on. With English iOS keyboard, I do get sounds. What do I need to do to get my clicks back?




Re: Sounds

Jessica D
 

Hi,
Does anyone know if orb when flicktype 4.4 will be released?

Thanks,

Jessica

On Apr 17, 2019, at 2:07 PM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I've just deleted and then installed it again and now I do get haptic feedback as I type. No clicks though: should I get sounds as well as haptic feedback?

On 17 Apr 2019, at 17:49, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hey Harry,
Did you try a phone reboot? Toggle setting off and back on. Sometimes that will do the trick. Delete and reinstall app to clear out what might be affecting it.
Best,
JP

On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm using latest beta of Flicktype on my iPhone XS on latest iOS and I hear no clicks as I type despite all such settings being on. With English iOS keyboard, I do get sounds. What do I need to do to get my clicks back?






Re: Sounds

Chuck Dean
 

Hello Harry,
This may be a stupid question, but are you sure your volume has not accidentally turned down?
This happens to me occasionally. Try turning up the volume with the switch on the side of your iPhone.
Good lock, 

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Apr 17, 2019, at 11:07 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

I've just deleted and then installed it again and now I do get haptic feedback as I type. No clicks though: should I get sounds as well as haptic feedback?

On 17 Apr 2019, at 17:49, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hey Harry,
Did you try a phone reboot? Toggle setting off and back on. Sometimes that will do the trick. Delete and reinstall app to clear out what might be affecting it.
Best,
JP

On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

I'm using latest beta of Flicktype on my iPhone XS on latest iOS and I hear no clicks as I type despite all such settings being on. With English iOS keyboard, I do get sounds. What do I need to do to get my clicks back?











Re: Sounds

 

Harry,

I'll add to what Chuck just posted. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently
flip your phone's mute switch down or forget to unengage it? I know the last
time I had a problem with FlickType not clicking when entering data it was
due to this.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Harry Bell via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:08 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Sounds

I've just deleted and then installed it again and now I do get haptic
feedback as I type. No clicks though: should I get sounds as well as haptic
feedback?

On 17 Apr 2019, at 17:49, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hey Harry,
Did you try a phone reboot? Toggle setting off and back on. Sometimes that
will do the trick. Delete and reinstall app to clear out what might be
affecting it.
Best,
JP

On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io
<ubupanoramix=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm using latest beta of Flicktype on my iPhone XS on latest iOS and I
hear no clicks as I type despite all such settings being on. With English
iOS keyboard, I do get sounds. What do I need to do to get my clicks back?




Re: Sounds

 

Hey Jessica, you are backsliding again 😂

You'll get it probably within a day or two after Kosta submits it to the ap store. In the meantime enjoy Flicktype as it is which is pretty darn good.

 

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:43 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Sounds

 

Hi,

Does anyone know if orb when flicktype 4.4 will be released?

 

Thanks,

 

Jessica

> On Apr 17, 2019, at 2:07 PM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

>

> I've just deleted and then installed it again and now I do get haptic feedback as I type. No clicks though: should I get sounds as well as haptic feedback?

>

>> On 17 Apr 2019, at 17:49, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

>>

>> Hey Harry,

>> Did you try a phone reboot? Toggle setting off and back on. Sometimes that will do the trick. Delete and reinstall app to clear out what might be affecting it.

>> Best,

>> JP

>>

>>> On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

>>>

>>> I'm using latest beta of Flicktype on my iPhone XS on latest iOS and I hear no clicks as I type despite all such settings being on. With English iOS keyboard, I do get sounds. What do I need to do to get my clicks back?

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

 

 

Re: Sounds

Harry Bell
 

Alan, you were quite right! The mute button was the culprit, as you guessed. Now working fine. Thank you all!

On 17 Apr 2019, at 21:35, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Harry,

I'll add to what Chuck just posted. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently
flip your phone's mute switch down or forget to unengage it? I know the last
time I had a problem with FlickType not clicking when entering data it was
due to this.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of Harry Bell via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:08 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Sounds

I've just deleted and then installed it again and now I do get haptic
feedback as I type. No clicks though: should I get sounds as well as haptic
feedback?

On 17 Apr 2019, at 17:49, JP Shandra <blindambition777@...> wrote:

Hey Harry,
Did you try a phone reboot? Toggle setting off and back on. Sometimes that
will do the trick. Delete and reinstall app to clear out what might be
affecting it.
Best,
JP

On Apr 17, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io
<ubupanoramix=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'm using latest beta of Flicktype on my iPhone XS on latest iOS and I
hear no clicks as I type despite all such settings being on. With English
iOS keyboard, I do get sounds. What do I need to do to get my clicks back?









FlickType Keyboard, Version 4.4 (225), Expires in 7 days

Daniel McGee
 

Hi everyone, if we don't get another beta soon before this built expires, then how does one revert back to the app store version? Have two ideas in mind but wanted to know the correct way.

1. Just download over the top of the currently installed beta version from the app store and once done, restart device.


Or:2. Delete current beta, restart device then proceed to install app store version.
Been a while since doing this, so having a reminder of the correct procedure would be really appreciated. Just in case, Kosta and Ashley aren't able to get a new beta out in time before this one expires.

Happy typing to one and all!☺️

Daniel

Re: FlickType Keyboard, Version 4.4 (225), Expires in 7 days

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
First, I wouldn't worry... Kosta is probably aware of the beta deadline and will do what ever is needed.
I would wait until the last day before doing anything. 
However, if he is overwhelmed with diapers you can simply go to the app store and download the app store version. It will ask if you want to replace the beta version

 

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On May 8, 2019, at 12:25 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, if we don't get another beta soon before this built expires, then how does one revert back to the app store version? Have two ideas in mind but wanted to know the correct way.

1. Just download over the top of the currently installed beta version from the app store and once done, restart device.


Or:2. Delete current beta, restart device then proceed to install app store version.
Been a while since doing this, so  having a reminder of the correct procedure would be really appreciated. Just in case, Kosta and Ashley aren't able to get a new beta out in time before this one expires.

Happy typing to one and all!☺️

Daniel  



Re: FlickType Keyboard, Version 4.4 (225), Expires in 7 days

Daniel McGee
 

Hi Chuck, made me chuckle there! Will certainly do as you suggested and  not at all worried in the slightest.

Family comes first before anything else!☺️  
 although, should have sent this to the beta group instead. Must of gotten the wrong address.🤔 

On 8 May 2019, at 22:07, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
First, I wouldn't worry... Kosta is probably aware of the beta deadline and will do what ever is needed.
I would wait until the last day before doing anything. 
However, if he is overwhelmed with diapers you can simply go to the app store and download the app store version. It will ask if you want to replace the beta version

 

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On May 8, 2019, at 12:25 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi everyone, if we don't get another beta soon before this built expires, then how does one revert back to the app store version? Have two ideas in mind but wanted to know the correct way.

1. Just download over the top of the currently installed beta version from the app store and once done, restart device.


Or:2. Delete current beta, restart device then proceed to install app store version.
Been a while since doing this, so  having a reminder of the correct procedure would be really appreciated. Just in case, Kosta and Ashley aren't able to get a new beta out in time before this one expires.

Happy typing to one and all!☺️

Daniel  



_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.
You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#1202) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Unfollow This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [danielmcgee134@...]

_._,_._. 

Echo enter characters

leonard morris
 

I like using FlickType from the native app. I then paste the text that was written somewhere else like an email for example.


Echo enter a character button is set to off. This was working perfectly until recently however characters are always echo when I tap the screen which I find quite annoying. Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

Echo charactersFlickType question or suggestion

leonard morris
 

First are the developers still working on this app?
Also when I have The echo characters turn off when I’m typing it will still echo the characters. This only started happening about a month ago and I can’t figure out how to fix it. Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

What's going on with flicktype?

Jessica D
 

Hi,My name is Jessica. I'm a beta tester for Flicktype.The app that's in the appStore, hasn't been updated in 6 months, or more.I was just wondering what's going on.Is the app still being developed? Thanks,Jessica

IOS 13 supported

Daniel McGee
 

Hi, when IOS 13 gets released in the autumn, will FlickType be able to run on the new OS as it currently stands? Or better yet, support IOS 13.

It's an invaluable productivity tool for me and I would hate to see development limp behind. Still going to pay my: subscription though when that comes around because I still want to fund development as I believe in the product!

Happy typing to all!

Daniel

Re: IOS 13 supported

Maria Reyes
 

Currently, it works fine with iOS 13

Want to join my WhatsApp group, VIP Apple Users? Email me privately with your contact information and I will happily add you. 
blindathlete10@...

On Jun 30, 2019, at 3:06 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:

Hi, when IOS 13 gets released in the autumn, will FlickType be able to run on the new OS as it currently stands? Or better yet, support IOS 13.

It's an invaluable productivity tool for me and I would hate to see development limp behind. Still going to pay my:    subscription though when that comes around because I still want to fund development as I believe in the product!

Happy typing to all!

Daniel 















Strange Flicktype, iOS 13 beta, and Audio Ducking Problem

Chris Smart
 

Ok, this one is strange.

With the latest iOS 13 developer beta, and the latest Flicktype beta, and only when ducking is turned on, the key click sound ramps up in volume unexpectedly, when using my phone's internal speakers.

When using 2nd generation Airpods, Voiceover reading each word I type is what jumps up in volume, to extremely high levels.

I have yet to experience this with any other app or the built-in iOS keyboard.

This is with an iPhone 8 Plus.

Chris


----------------------------------------
Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.
https://www.makingbetterpod.com/

Re: Strange Flicktype, iOS 13 beta, and Audio Ducking Problem

Tangela M.
 

I suspect this is an ios issue. Even with the regular beta and braille screen input or other ways of typing there are weird ducking bugs with vo. even using the rotor causes it to fluctuate though usually it is going quieter, not louder, but perhaps something with the way flicktype also plays sounds makes that reversed.

iOS 13.1 and Third Party Keyboards

Serina Gilbert
 

Hi There,

 

I am beta testing iOS 13.1 and noticed that all third party keyboards have lost accessibility.  I am unable to here items that I delete when typing on a third party keyboard, including Flick Type and unable to receive spoken feedback when exploring the keyboard by touch within an app.  I have reported this to Apple, but I was also wondering if the developers of Flick Type have noticed this and also reported it or have an ETA on this being resolved?

 

Thanks so much,

 

Serina

Annual subscription

leonard morris
 

Is FlickType out of business because I need to decide if I want to renew my annual subscription?

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

Re: Annual subscription

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
I understand that Kosta is communicating through social media, but I haven't heard anything from kosta in many months. I wish they would start communicating through the email process as before for those of us who do not tweet or face. 

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 10, 2019, at 4:14 PM, leonard morris <lmorris1953@...> wrote:

Is FlickType out of business because I need to decide if I want to renew my annual subscription?

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.


Re: Annual subscription

leonard morris
 

I agree completely 

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

On Sep 11, 2019, at 7:29 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
I understand that Kosta is communicating through social media, but I haven't heard anything from kosta in many months. I wish they would start communicating through the email process as before for those of us who do not tweet or face. 

Chuck  (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 10, 2019, at 4:14 PM, leonard morris <lmorris1953@...> wrote:

Is FlickType out of business because I need to decide if I want to renew my annual subscription?

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.