Date   
Re: Subscribe to the list

E.T. <ancient.aliens@...>
 

Just joined today and it looks like its working as a normal email group. Should be interesting to follow along and learn more about the app.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
Ancient.Aliens@...
Science is not only compatible with spirituality;
it is a profound source of spirituality.| --Carl Sagan

On 6/29/2018 2:13 PM, Chuck Dean wrote:
Yes, I saw that too.
 We really want a central information area instead of a handful of splinter groups. This will cut down on mis-information.
 Chuck
On Jun 29, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@... <mailto:dave.beckett.uk@...>> wrote:

It should be changed pretty quickly, as I see members of other lists, getting quite frustrated, and are thinking about starting breakaway lists.
Dave.
*From:* Chuck Dean <mailto:cadean329@...>
*Sent:* Friday, June 29, 2018 9:26 PM
*To:* hello@flicktype.groups.io <mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list
I agree 👍

Re: Subscribe to the list

Chuck Dean
 


Yes, I saw that too. 
 We really want a central information area instead of a handful of splinter groups. This will cut down on mis-information. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 29, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

It should be changed pretty quickly, as I see members of other lists, getting quite frustrated, and are thinking about starting breakaway lists.
 
Dave.
 
 
From: Chuck Dean
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list
 
I agree 👍 

Re: Subscribe to the list

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

It should be changed pretty quickly, as I see members of other lists, getting quite frustrated, and are thinking about starting breakaway lists.
 
Dave.
 
 

From: Chuck Dean
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list
 
I agree 👍 

Re: Any way to verify a subscription to this group?

Matthew Janusauskas
 

I share your thinking and initial preference on this Kosta. I think the confusion is most people in this audience have the expectation of receiving all the emails by default unless they opt out by changing their settings.
It seems like an unfortunate habit to rely on so much email, but to each his/her own.

Matthew

On Jun 29, 2018, at 2:09 PM, Kosta Eleftheriou <kostas.eleftheriou@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. I believe they get a confirmation email, but I think
the confusion is due to the fact that subscribers don't automatically
get all messages posted to the group. We initially decided to do this
to reduce the amount of chatter that might turn some people away, so
they'd remain on the list and we'd be able to reach them with the
occasional announcement. Now I'm considering changing this to have
everyone receive all the discussion, but I've gone back and forth on
this a few times already. What do you and others think is the best way
forward? One thought it to make it send everything by default, but let
people know how they can change their own preference to only receive
announcements by the owners and moderators.

Kosta

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck



Welcome to the FlickType discussion group

 

Hi all, and welcome to our group!

Please bear with us while we tune the group settings to make this the best place online to discuss all things FlickType. For more details about the group, and to change your subscription settings, please visit https://flicktype.groups.io/g/hello.

We hope you enjoy typing with FlickType. Thank you for your continued support, and please let us know how we can make it better for you in the future!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Re: Subscribe to the list

Chuck Dean
 

I agree 👍 

Re: Subscribe to the list

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

Hi Chuck. You're Guess, is as good as mine.

I am getting a few people, asking me from VI phone, and other blind tech list, why they are not getting their posts through to the list, and i am not quite sure, what to tell them.

In my opinion, this should be like any other list. So, once you have subscribed, then they should receive all the posts from this list. and then, it will be down to each individual member, to change their own preferences.

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Dean
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 8:06 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list


This is a little confusing.
I think any one can post, but you need to be subscribed in order to receive emails from the group.

Correct?

Chuck

On Jun 29, 2018, at 11:43 AM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

I think jeffrey, is already subscribed, as i am seeing his earlier post.

-----Original Message----- From: FlickType
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:52 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list

Hi Jeffrey,

To subscribe, please send an empty email to hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 02:49, jeffrey Turner <jturner522@...> wrote:

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey






Re: Any way to verify a subscription to this group?

Chuck Dean
 

Like the ViPhone list, everything that is posted goes out to all subscribers.
If they want they can go to the website and adjust their email preferences.
Chuck

On Jun 29, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Kosta Eleftheriou <kostas.eleftheriou@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. I believe they get a confirmation email, but I think
the confusion is due to the fact that subscribers don't automatically
get all messages posted to the group. We initially decided to do this
to reduce the amount of chatter that might turn some people away, so
they'd remain on the list and we'd be able to reach them with the
occasional announcement. Now I'm considering changing this to have
everyone receive all the discussion, but I've gone back and forth on
this a few times already. What do you and others think is the best way
forward? One thought it to make it send everything by default, but let
people know how they can change their own preference to only receive
announcements by the owners and moderators.

Kosta

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck



Re: Any way to verify a subscription to this group?

Kosta Eleftheriou
 

Thank you Chuck. I believe they get a confirmation email, but I think
the confusion is due to the fact that subscribers don't automatically
get all messages posted to the group. We initially decided to do this
to reduce the amount of chatter that might turn some people away, so
they'd remain on the list and we'd be able to reach them with the
occasional announcement. Now I'm considering changing this to have
everyone receive all the discussion, but I've gone back and forth on
this a few times already. What do you and others think is the best way
forward? One thought it to make it send everything by default, but let
people know how they can change their own preference to only receive
announcements by the owners and moderators.

Kosta

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck


Re: Subscribe to the list

Chuck Dean
 

This is a little confusing.
I think any one can post, but you need to be subscribed in order to receive emails from the group.

Correct?

Chuck

On Jun 29, 2018, at 11:43 AM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

I think jeffrey, is already subscribed, as i am seeing his earlier post.

-----Original Message----- From: FlickType
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:52 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list

Hi Jeffrey,

To subscribe, please send an empty email to hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 02:49, jeffrey Turner <jturner522@...> wrote:

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey






Re: Subscribe to the list

Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...>
 

I think jeffrey, is already subscribed, as i am seeing his earlier post.

-----Original Message-----
From: FlickType
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:52 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Subscribe to the list

Hi Jeffrey,

To subscribe, please send an empty email to hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 02:49, jeffrey Turner <jturner522@...> wrote:

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey


Any way to verify a subscription to this group?

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
Is there any way to verify a subscription to this group?
People on the ViPhone list are having problems joining.

Will they get a confirmation email?

Thanks,
Chuck

bug rendering Flicktype totally inoperable

Chris Foster <cjfoster2000@...>
 

Hello all, Just now, I read a thread having to do with a user experienceing problems using Flicktype with a particular banking app. I am experienceing the same problem across the board both with the "Flicktype clasic" app as well as the newly released app. Upon loading either app, no jestures, attempts at typing, nothing is being accepted. I'm using an iPhone 8 with iOS 11.4. Please let me know if you have burther questions as this problem is addressed. Thanks!

Re: First Show Stopping Bug

Brandon Cross
 

It's Fulton Bank, I was even surprised they had an app lol.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:30 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Brandon, thank you for the report. Hopefully this is something we can
address. We'll look into a couple of banking apps as well as PayPal, but it
would help to also know the name of the banking app you experienced this
in.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 04:16, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:

Hello, today I experienced the first bug that actually stopped me from
using the keyboard. Today, I needed to make a transfer between two of my
bank accounts, so I load up my banking app, and go to do it, when
FlickType
loads in. OK, not really the keyboard I want for that particular
application, so I do the flick up and hold gesture to switch to the iOS
keyboard, only to find that it doesn't work. After a bit of general
tapping
around, I noticed the keyboard was completely unresponsive. This means
taps
as well as gestures are not being accepted. Thinking this a fluke, I just
quit out of the app and try again, same thing. I ended having to go
another
app and switch its keyboard to the iOS one before I could get FlickType
to
not load up in the banking app. I did re-order it so it wasn't the first
keyboard, and restart the phone. But even being in the second position,
it
still loaded up eve when I completely closed out the app and went through
again.

It is worth noting that my banking app uses its own custom variant if a
keyboard for entering an amount in the transfer section, since you don't
enter decimals, as the app sort of parses what you enter and puts the
decimal in the right place. So for $100.00, you would just type 1, 0, 0,
0,
0 and it would be correct. This isn't the only app I have that uses a
custom numbers keyboard, right off hand I can think of at least one
other,
PayPal. That one does the same thing but it has a, '00' button to save
you
a bit of time.

Since FlickType or iOS isn't really respecting the order of keyboards,
I'm
going to have to make sure FlickType isn't up when I load into my banking
app. I'm hoping you guys can get something going for a fix to this,
though
as its with a specific app with a specific custom variant, might prove
tricky.

Thanks -- Brandon




Re: Subscribe to the list

 

Hi Jeffrey,

To subscribe, please send an empty email to hello+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 02:49, jeffrey Turner <jturner522@...> wrote:

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey


Subscribe to the list

jturner522@...
 

I would like to be approved to participate on this list.

Jeffrey

Re: First Show Stopping Bug

 

Brandon, thank you for the report. Hopefully this is something we can address. We'll look into a couple of banking apps as well as PayPal, but it would help to also know the name of the banking app you experienced this in.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Jun 29, 2018, at 04:16, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:

Hello, today I experienced the first bug that actually stopped me from
using the keyboard. Today, I needed to make a transfer between two of my
bank accounts, so I load up my banking app, and go to do it, when FlickType
loads in. OK, not really the keyboard I want for that particular
application, so I do the flick up and hold gesture to switch to the iOS
keyboard, only to find that it doesn't work. After a bit of general tapping
around, I noticed the keyboard was completely unresponsive. This means taps
as well as gestures are not being accepted. Thinking this a fluke, I just
quit out of the app and try again, same thing. I ended having to go another
app and switch its keyboard to the iOS one before I could get FlickType to
not load up in the banking app. I did re-order it so it wasn't the first
keyboard, and restart the phone. But even being in the second position, it
still loaded up eve when I completely closed out the app and went through
again.

It is worth noting that my banking app uses its own custom variant if a
keyboard for entering an amount in the transfer section, since you don't
enter decimals, as the app sort of parses what you enter and puts the
decimal in the right place. So for $100.00, you would just type 1, 0, 0, 0,
0 and it would be correct. This isn't the only app I have that uses a
custom numbers keyboard, right off hand I can think of at least one other,
PayPal. That one does the same thing but it has a, '00' button to save you
a bit of time.

Since FlickType or iOS isn't really respecting the order of keyboards, I'm
going to have to make sure FlickType isn't up when I load into my banking
app. I'm hoping you guys can get something going for a fix to this, though
as its with a specific app with a specific custom variant, might prove
tricky.

Thanks -- Brandon


First Show Stopping Bug

Brandon Cross
 

Hello, today I experienced the first bug that actually stopped me from
using the keyboard. Today, I needed to make a transfer between two of my
bank accounts, so I load up my banking app, and go to do it, when FlickType
loads in. OK, not really the keyboard I want for that particular
application, so I do the flick up and hold gesture to switch to the iOS
keyboard, only to find that it doesn't work. After a bit of general tapping
around, I noticed the keyboard was completely unresponsive. This means taps
as well as gestures are not being accepted. Thinking this a fluke, I just
quit out of the app and try again, same thing. I ended having to go another
app and switch its keyboard to the iOS one before I could get FlickType to
not load up in the banking app. I did re-order it so it wasn't the first
keyboard, and restart the phone. But even being in the second position, it
still loaded up eve when I completely closed out the app and went through
again.

It is worth noting that my banking app uses its own custom variant if a
keyboard for entering an amount in the transfer section, since you don't
enter decimals, as the app sort of parses what you enter and puts the
decimal in the right place. So for $100.00, you would just type 1, 0, 0, 0,
0 and it would be correct. This isn't the only app I have that uses a
custom numbers keyboard, right off hand I can think of at least one other,
PayPal. That one does the same thing but it has a, '00' button to save you
a bit of time.

Since FlickType or iOS isn't really respecting the order of keyboards, I'm
going to have to make sure FlickType isn't up when I load into my banking
app. I'm hoping you guys can get something going for a fix to this, though
as its with a specific app with a specific custom variant, might prove
tricky.

Thanks -- Brandon

Punctuation and return key suggestion

Jean-Philippe Rykiel
 

Hello Flicktype team.
I don't know if many users are like me, but I find myself using the comma more frequently than the period even when typing a short message. I was wondering if Flicktype could have an option to make comma appear first in the punctuations list, instead of the period, as it is now.
As for the return key, flick right and hold is good but a little slow. How about down with two fingers?
Best regards,
JPR

Re: Invisible text

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
I personally have not had this problem, however I have noticed some emails coming from the beta group that had no text.
Chuck

On Jun 28, 2018, at 11:32 PM, Julian <mrc1818@...> wrote:



Hello,

While I personally have yet to experience this issue, I've been informed by 2 people I know that sometimes when they use FlickType to write text messages or email, that they've been told by the recipient that the body of the message appears to be blank. When the sender goes back to review their message, there appears to be a bunch of blank spaces. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Sent from my iPhone