Date   
Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Tj Squires
 

Hello, all,

Perhaps someone has encountered this issue and can assist me!  When I open up FLickType, I am able to see the screen just fine -- it works as expected, if I turn off voiceover.  So, to explain a little bit, my problem is this:

When I have Voiceover active and open Flick Type, I am unable to utilize the app; all of my voiceover gestures perform their voiceover equivolents.  I have heard that it is possible to utilized FlickType without turning off Voiceover.  Therefore my problem is me!  :).  What setting may I have toggled that shouldn't be, weather with Voiceover, or Flicktype itself?

To be clear, the app will not type when I tap the screen unless Voiceover is off.  I can't get it to function while voiceover is off --
so for example going to the menu requires me to tripple tap home, swipe up with two fingers, and then tripple tap home to turn it back on.

I am using latest     iOS with an iPhone 7.  I am not on the beta but will send the email if this problem will go away

Thanks for your assistance!

Cannot delete saved dictionary word.

Evangeline Yeo <evanyeo5@...>
 

Hi my word that i saved in the dictionary cannot be removed. Please assist. Thanks.

Cheers
Evangeline

Re: Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>
 

Do you have touch typing or direct touch active? As long as one of those are enabled, and standard typing isn’t, you should be fine? Try rotoring to see whether direct touch is enabled and make sure it is.

Re: Voiceover Behaving Strangely

Benny Barber
 

That's perplexing. Is the voice feedback set to on in settings in FlickType?

On Apr 28, 2018, at 11:32 AM, Tj Squires <tj@...> wrote:

Hello, all,

Perhaps someone has encountered this issue and can assist me! When I open up FLickType, I am able to see the screen just fine -- it works as expected, if I turn off voiceover. So, to explain a little bit, my problem is this:

When I have Voiceover active and open Flick Type, I am unable to utilize the app; all of my voiceover gestures perform their voiceover equivolents. I have heard that it is possible to utilized FlickType without turning off Voiceover. Therefore my problem is me! :). What setting may I have toggled that shouldn't be, weather with Voiceover, or Flicktype itself?

To be clear, the app will not type when I tap the screen unless Voiceover is off. I can't get it to function while voiceover is off -- so for example going to the menu requires me to tripple tap home, swipe up with two fingers, and then tripple tap home to turn it back on.

I am using latest iOS with an iPhone 7. I am not on the beta but will send the email if this problem will go away

Thanks for your assistance!


Re: Cannot delete saved dictionary word.

Benny Barber
 

Type the word in question one letter at a time. Swiped right and then flick up. The word should be removed from the dictionary.

Benny

On Apr 27, 2018, at 7:35 AM, Evangeline Yeo <evanyeo5@...> wrote:

Hi my word that i saved in the dictionary cannot be removed. Please assist. Thanks.

Cheers
Evangeline

Words with apostrophes.

chrystalex@...
 

Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.

problems with FlickType on Iphone 6S

Graham Page <graham@...>
 

Hi all.

 

I have 2 IPhones.  One is an IPhone SE and FlickType works fine on that.  The other is an IPhone 6S and I am having problems with this phone.  In order for Flicktype to work when typing I have to turn voiceover off.  Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? With voiceover on when I launch flicktype on the 6S it just says something like typing ready but there is no keyboard to type on.  This is with a clean install of flickType.

 

Regards

 

Graham

Graham Page
Assistive Technology Adviser
East London Vision (ELVis) - Supporting people with sight loss
graham@...
020 3697 6464
M: 07779 441 000

Website: www.eastlondonvision.org.uk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/eastlondonvision
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ELVis_Vision
Blog: www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/eastlondonvision

Charitable Incorporated Organisation number: 1154207

 

Re: Words with apostrophes.

Chuck Dean
 

When typing with FlickType, many contractions are automatically generated when you type. For example I'd, we'll, it's, we've, shouldn't. I typed all these contractions by simply typing the letters... The apostrophe is automatically inserted.
I hope this helps.

Chuck

On Apr 28, 2018, at 1:50 AM, Chrystal Alexandroff <chrystalex@...> wrote:

Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.



Re: Words with apostrophes.

MariaRosa Chapman
 

HI.

yep found the same thing.

Maria

On 29 Apr 2018, at 3:33 pm, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

When typing with FlickType, many contractions are automatically generated when you type. For example I'd, we'll, it's, we've, shouldn't. I typed all these contractions by simply typing the letters... The apostrophe is automatically inserted.
I hope this helps.

Chuck


On Apr 28, 2018, at 1:50 AM, Chrystal Alexandroff <chrystalex@...> wrote:

Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.




Re: problems with FlickType on Iphone 6S

MariaRosa Chapman
 

HI.

using a 6s here and not seeing this problem.

Maria

On 28 Apr 2018, at 1:25 am, Graham Page <graham@...> wrote:


Hi all.

I have 2 IPhones. One is an IPhone SE and FlickType works fine on that. The other is an IPhone 6S and I am having problems with this phone. In order for Flicktype to work when typing I have to turn voiceover off. Is this a known problem? Is there a solution? With voiceover on when I launch flicktype on the 6S it just says something like typing ready but there is no keyboard to type on. This is with a clean install of flickType.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page
Assistive Technology Adviser
East London Vision (ELVis) - Supporting people with sight loss
graham@... <mailto:graham@...>
020 3697 6464
M: 07779 441 000
<http://www.visionuk.org.uk/>
Website: www.eastlondonvision.org.uk <http://www.eastlondonvision.org.uk/>
Facebook: www.facebook.com/eastlondonvision <http://www.facebook.com/eastlondonvision>
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ELVis_Vision <http://www.twitter.com/ELVis_Vision>
Blog: www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com <http://www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com/>
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/eastlondonvision <http://www.eastlondonvision.wordpress.com/>
Charitable Incorporated Organisation number: 1154207






























Re: Words with apostrophes.

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>
 

Yes please! and also include for those Spanish-speakers, opening question mark, and opening exclamation mark. And also why not the At-sign for when one has to quickly write out an EMail address?

El 28/04/2018 a las 03:50 a.m., Chrystal Alexandroff escribió:
Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Re: Words with apostrophes.

Chuck Dean
 

When typing emails the @ sign can quickly be entered by using the invisible symbol keys above the qwerty row.
The @sign is above the q, and if you flick down you will also find, @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.
There are many useful symbols along this line. I suggest you experiment with the top row... Lots of good stuff!
I hope this helps,

Chuck

On Apr 29, 2018, at 6:27 AM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:

Yes please! and also include for those Spanish-speakers, opening question mark, and opening exclamation mark. And also why not the At-sign for when one has to quickly write out an EMail address?


El 28/04/2018 a las 03:50 a.m., Chrystal Alexandroff escribió:
Hi. So I've noticed that it is somewhat laborious to write a word with an apostrophe in it. I notice that in the punctuation options there is an apostrophe s option. Would it be possible to include apostrophe d, ve, and ll as well.


--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird



Flip Type Question

jtkarim2126@...
 

I just want to start off by saying that I absolutely love the app, it is so continuous, and nice to type on, my question is, is there a possibility of integrating the keyboard into Apple's native keyboard settings, it would make typing on the iPhone so much more quicker and convenient. Overall though, you all have done a great job

Re: Flip Type Question

Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
A systemwide keyboard is in alpha testing at this time. It is in its first incarnation, and it’s a little rough, but it will be refined over the next few weeks, and should be available to everybody in the very near future.
Please be patient. :-)

Chuck

On Apr 29, 2018, at 5:47 AM, jtkarim2126@... wrote:

I just want to start off by saying that I absolutely love the app, it is so continuous, and nice to type on, my question is, is there a possibility of integrating the keyboard into Apple's native keyboard settings, it would make typing on the iPhone so much more quicker and convenient. Overall though, you all have done a great job


Use Workflow to improve your Flicktype experience

Chuck Dean
 

Hello everyone,
I have been creating Workflow​ for my frequently used email and message contacts; one for searches; and a couple for driving and walking directions.
Creating a Workflow is very easy and kind of fun. Once they have been made it is very easy to type in FlickType; export to Workflow; and run the Workflow.
Try it, you'll like it!

Chuck

Use Workflow to improve your Flicktype experience

Chuck Dean <chuckdean@...>
 

Hello everyone, 
I have been creating Workflow
​s​
 for my frequently used email and message contacts, one for searches and a couple for driving and walking directions. 
Creating a Workflow is very easy and kind of fun. Once they have been made it is very easy to type in FlickType, export to Workflow, and run the Workflow. 
Try it, you'll like it! 

Chuck

Re: Use Workflow to improve your Flicktype experience

Sy Hoekstra
 

Oh, that's a good idea. Allowing workflow action extensions in the share sheet in the flick type app would be a great idea too; though a lot of the usefulness might be rendered irrelevant once Flicktype goes system-wide.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 7:49 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] Use Workflow to improve your Flicktype experience

Hello everyone,
I have been creating Workflow​ for my frequently used email and message contacts; one for searches; and a couple for driving and walking directions.
Creating a Workflow is very easy and kind of fun. Once they have been made it is very easy to type in FlickType; export to Workflow; and run the Workflow.
Try it, you'll like it!

Chuck

Re: Use Workflow to improve your Flicktype experience

Michael Maslo
 

How do you create a work flow or where can I learn how?


On Apr 30, 2018 at 18:48, <Chuck Dean (mailto:cadean329@...)> wrote:



Hello everyone,
I have been creating Workflow​ for my frequently used email and message contacts; one for searches; and a couple for driving and walking directions.
Creating a Workflow is very easy and kind of fun. Once they have been made it is very easy to type in FlickType; export to Workflow; and run the Workflow.
Try it, you'll like it!

Chuck



Voice echo characters.

Chrystal Alexandroff <chrystalex@...>
 

Hi. So I am currently beta testing build 45 but before this, I was using the regular app. In both cases, I have noticed that the setting to enable voice echo on characters doesn't appear to work for me. For the record, I personally like just having the clicks in flick type, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Re: Use Workflow to improve your Flicktype experience

Chuck Dean
 

Download the App end read the instructions..

Chuck

On Apr 30, 2018, at 5:10 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:




How do you create a work flow or where can I learn how?








On Apr 30, 2018 at 18:48, <Chuck Dean (mailto:cadean329@...)> wrote:



Hello everyone,
I have been creating Workflow​ for my frequently used email and message contacts; one for searches; and a couple for driving and walking directions.
Creating a Workflow is very easy and kind of fun. Once they have been made it is very easy to type in FlickType; export to Workflow; and run the Workflow.
Try it, you'll like it!

Chuck