Date   
Dictionary automatically populated?

 

Hi List,

 

I'm not running the latest version of the FlickType Keyboard but am using 2.8.157. My understanding was that words manually typed using the FlickType keyboard would be automatically entered into the dictionary. Is my understanding correct because this doesn't seem to be happening for me.

 

Thanks.

 

Alan Lemly

Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

 

Hi Leonard, George,

Thanks for the support, means a lot to us! No need to remove the beta version when you update to the store version, but you do need to be on the store version to upgrade to the subscription. When you search for FlickType on the App Store, actually click on FlickType and go to the App page and then press download to ensure you get the App Store version. Once you download the app from the App Store, go to the upgrade screen and you will have two options available 1) 1-week trial, then monthly, and 2) 1-week trial, then yearly. You do not need to click restore at the top right, instead simply click on which of the two subscriptions you'd like to sign up for. Once you click on the option you'd like, Apple's standard payment agreement prompt should pop up asking for your password or your touch ID after following the prompt you should be subscribed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:56 PM, George Cham wrote:


However, it said that I was already subscribed.

Re: Dictionary automatically populated?

Chuck Dean
 

Yes, FlickType will enter words manually typed at the end of your typing session. Once you dismiss the keyboard the words should be in the dictionary.
 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 27, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

 

I'm not running the latest version of the FlickType Keyboard but am using 2.8.157. My understanding was that words manually typed using the FlickType keyboard would be automatically entered into the dictionary. Is my understanding correct because this doesn't seem to be happening for me.

 

Thanks.

 

Alan Lemly

Re: Disappearing text

 

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:


Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

George Cham
 

Hi Ashley,
I tried upgrading to the store version from the beta.
However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS
 


From: 20011337540n behalf of
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 5:16 am
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Problems upgrading from the demo version
 
Hi Leonard, George,

Thanks for the support, means a lot to us! No need to remove the beta version when you update to the store version, but you do need to be on the store version to upgrade to the subscription. When you search for FlickType on the App Store, actually click on FlickType and go to the App page and then press download to ensure you get the App Store version. Once you download the app from the App Store, go to the upgrade screen and you will have two options available 1) 1-week trial, then monthly, and 2) 1-week trial, then yearly. You do not need to click restore at the top right, instead simply click on which of the two subscriptions you'd like to sign up for. Once you click on the option you'd like, Apple's standard payment agreement prompt should pop up asking for your password or your touch ID after following the prompt you should be subscribed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Warmly,
Ashley

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:56 PM, George Cham wrote:

>
> However, it said that I was already subscribed.
>



Re: Dictionary automatically populated?

 

Chuck,

 

Thanks. I was getting impatient and not realizing the addition occurred after dismissing the FlickType keyboard.

 

Alan

 

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:19 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Dictionary automatically populated?

 

Yes, FlickType will enter words manually typed at the end of your typing session. Once you dismiss the keyboard the words should be in the dictionary.

 

Chuck (mobile)

Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

 


On Sep 27, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

 

I'm not running the latest version of the FlickType Keyboard but am using 2.8.157. My understanding was that words manually typed using the FlickType keyboard would be automatically entered into the dictionary. Is my understanding correct because this doesn't seem to be happening for me.

 

Thanks.

 

Alan Lemly

Re: Dictionary automatically populated?

Chuck Dean
 

Yes, either am very smart... Or I did the exact same thing you did.😎 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 27, 2018, at 1:50 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Chuck,

 

Thanks. I was getting impatient and not realizing the addition occurred after dismissing the FlickType keyboard.

 

Alan

 

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:hello@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:19 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Dictionary automatically populated?

 

Yes, FlickType will enter words manually typed at the end of your typing session. Once you dismiss the keyboard the words should be in the dictionary.

 

Chuck (mobile)

Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

 


On Sep 27, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

 

I'm not running the latest version of the FlickType Keyboard but am using 2.8.157. My understanding was that words manually typed using the FlickType keyboard would be automatically entered into the dictionary. Is my understanding correct because this doesn't seem to be happening for me.

 

Thanks.

 

Alan Lemly

Re: Disappearing text

Kimberly Parsley
 

I have the same problem, although mine isn't confined to a single gesture. It seems to happen anytime I accidentally touch the screen. It's almost as though my accidental tap moves the insertion point. iPhone 7, latest build. This issue has been present from the beginning. It happens on my iPad as well.

On Sep 27, 2018, at 8:12 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just disappears!
Harry


Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

 

Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:


However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.

Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

George Cham
 

Hi Ashley, the message I’m getting when I hit the restore button is error your     already subscribed, thank you for your support

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS
 


From: 20017156420n behalf of
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 8:01 am
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Problems upgrading from the demo version
 
Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley


On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:

>
> However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.
>



Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

Chuck Dean
 

Hi George,
Ignore the restore button.
in the center of the upgrade screen you should have two options, one week free, then ninety nine cents a month,

Or

One week free, then eleven ninety nine per year.

These are US amounts, so yours will be different. 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 27, 2018, at 3:34 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Ashley, the message I’m getting when I hit the restore button is error your     already subscribed, thank you for your support

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS
 

From: 20017156420n behalf of
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 8:01 am
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Problems upgrading from the demo version
 
Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley


On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:

>
> However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.
>



Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

MariaRosa Chapman
 

HI.

i was able to upgrade successfully.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded. Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria

On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley


On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:


However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.

Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

George Cham
 

Hi maria,. I think you keep only one version of the app

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS
 


From: 20325120020n behalf of
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 5:18 pm
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Problems upgrading from the demo version
 
HI.

i was able to upgrade successfully.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded. Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria


> On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?
>
> Thanks,
> Ashley
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:
>
>>
>> However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.
>>
>
>
>




Re: Disappearing text

Harry Bell
 

Curious, I cannot reproduce the disappearing text, but I'll keep checking. On my old iPhone I was using the beta but on this iPhone XS I'm using the standard app store version. What I do notice are:
When starting to write new text, I'm never sure whether the first tap on the keyboard is entered. Mostly it simply causes the keyboard to announce Flicktype instead of entering the first letter I'd tapped.
I'm finding it much harder to use the single finger flick down to dismiss the keyboard, so I'm using the dismiss button more. I keep finding that I've dismissed the keyboard when just tried to tap a letter, which is annoying and never happened when using the beta on my old phone. I'll update you if I find out what is causing these problems.
Thanks
Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:


Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Re: Disappearing text

Harry Bell
 

One thing I've just tracked down is that, on the new iPhone XS, when I flick down to select an alternative to the word suggested by FlickType, that is when even a very slight hesitation at the end of the swipe down is interpreted by FlickType as a dismiss keyboard command. This does not happen on my iPad nor did it ever happen on the old iPhone 7 plus. This may mean that the iPhone XS screen is more sensitive? Anyway, that is one problem explained!
Cheers

Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:


Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

Chuck Dean
 

Just leave it alone. When you install a beta version from test flight, it will over write the app store version.
There is no need to install the beta at this time, as the beta and app store versions are the same. 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 28, 2018, at 12:18 AM, MariaRosa Chapman <bubbygirl1972@...> wrote:

HI.

i was able to upgrade successfully.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded.  Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria


On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley


On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:


However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.








Re: Problems upgrading from the demo version

MariaRosa Chapman
 

HI Chuck.
thanks.

Maria


On 28 Sep 2018, at 7:23 pm, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Just leave it alone. When you install a beta version from test flight, it will over write the app store version.
There is no need to install the beta at this time, as the beta and app store versions are the same. 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 28, 2018, at 12:18 AM, MariaRosa Chapman <bubbygirl1972@...> wrote:

HI.

i was able to upgrade successfully.

What should i do with the app store version of flick type now that i have upgraded.  Should I delete it, or just leave it where it is?

thanks.

Maria


On 28 Sep 2018, at 8:01 am, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hmm what happens when you click on one of the subscription options? Does it ask you for your password or ID, or does it say something about the beta?

Thanks,
Ashley


On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:53 PM, George Cham wrote:


However, I get a active status when I select upgrade.









Re: Changing k eyboard problem

Harry Bell
 

I have just had another problem: I opened my Halifax banking app on my iPhone XS and tried to make a payment to someone. When the text edit field came along to enter the amount, the FlickType keyboard (App Store version with subscription) came up. I started typing numbers but the first tap (as so often) did not register so when I realised I’d typed £00 instead of £100, I tried swiping left to delete but the cursor just jumped back up the page. So tgen I tried changing the keyboard to the iOS by swiping up, but I simply could not get the gesture to work. I never had this problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had to quit the app, reply to an email, where I could change out of FlickType and tgen go back into the banking app where I did not have this time to grapple with the FlickType keyboard. Somehow, it is not working well on iPhone XS for me!
Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:


Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!

Re: Changing k eyboard problem

Chuck Dean
 

Hello harry,

This is a known problem with flicktype, which does not play well with financial apps.
Before I open a financial app I open notes and switch to the ios keyboard. This assures you will be able to enter text in all fields.

BTW Kosta is working on a fix. 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 28, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

I have just had another problem: I opened my Halifax banking app on my iPhone XS and tried to make a payment to someone. When the text edit field came along to enter the amount, the FlickType keyboard (App Store version with subscription) came up. I started typing numbers but the first tap (as so often) did not register so when I realised I’d typed £00 instead of £100, I tried swiping left to delete but the cursor just jumped back up the page. So tgen I tried changing the keyboard to the iOS by swiping up, but I simply could not get the gesture to work. I never had this problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had to quit the app, reply to an email, where I could change out of FlickType and tgen go back into the banking app where I did not have this time to grapple with the FlickType keyboard. Somehow, it is not working well on iPhone XS for me!
Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:


Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!







Re: Changing k eyboard problem

Harry Bell
 

Thanks so much, Chuck! Glad to know neither FlickType nor I are going mad yet...
Harry  

On 28 Sep 2018, at 18:15, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello harry,

This is a known problem with flicktype, which does not play well with financial apps.
Before I open a financial app I open notes and switch to the ios keyboard. This assures you will be able to enter text in all fields.

BTW Kosta is working on a fix. 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.


On Sep 28, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Harry Bell via Groups.Io <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:

I have just had another problem: I opened my Halifax banking app on my iPhone XS and tried to make a payment to someone. When the text edit field came along to enter the amount, the FlickType keyboard (App Store version with subscription) came up. I started typing numbers but the first tap (as so often) did not register so when I realised I’d typed £00 instead of £100, I tried swiping left to delete but the cursor just jumped back up the page. So tgen I tried changing the keyboard to the iOS by swiping up, but I simply could not get the gesture to work. I never had this problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had to quit the app, reply to an email, where I could change out of FlickType and tgen go back into the banking app where I did not have this time to grapple with the FlickType keyboard. Somehow, it is not working well on iPhone XS for me!
Harry

On 27 Sep 2018, at 20:21, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Congrats on the new phone, Harry! Will you please let us know more details so we can reproduce the issue? Are you running the same iOS and FlickType version that you were running on your previous device? What are those version numbers? Was this issue present from the very first time you tried running FlickType on the new device? Does the test disappear if you use the dismiss keyboard button instead of the gesture?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Harry Bell <ubupanoramix@...> wrote:


Since getting by new iPhone XS I've noticed that if I type a message using
Flicktype and dismiss the keyboard with a one finger flick down, the text just
disappears!