Date   
Request for App Store reviews ☺️

 

Dear FlickType friends,

Following our latest release yesterday, we'd like to ask you for a small favor. App Store reviews go a really long way in helping small developers like us. Please help your favorite keyboard by taking just a couple of minutes of your time to write a short review with your honest opinion about FlickType. You can use the following link from your iOS device to go there directly: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1359485719?action=write-review

And if you have already reviewed FlickType, you can still help by spreading the word and telling all your friends about it.

Thank you very much for your support, both of us really appreciate it! ☺️

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

FlickType clasic

George Cham
 

 Hi,
I updated    to iOS 12 on the iPad yesterday,
And was experiencing issues with a feature of iOS.
So I restored the iPad to iOS 11 .4 .1, and now I cannot get the flick type classic app.
Voiceover is saying it’s in the cloud,
But I’m getting a message saying that I have to re-purchase the app.
I can’t find it in the App Store.

George                                   

I cannot get rid of the introduction screen. I am canceling the purchase of this subscription.

Mary Ellen Ottman <meottman93@...>
 

Re: Version 3.0 with half screen mode is out!

Chuck Dean
 

Hello Kosta and Ashley, I have updated to ios 12 and downloaded the app store version of FlickType. Everything is working well with the exception of an occasional misspoken letter or number when typing manually and the inability to use the FlickType keyboard in financial apps. Once you get those glitches licked, I will have no use for the iOS keyboard!

Right now I am in landscape mode and I am loving how fast I can type with my two thumbs.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Chuck

On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please read the following release notes and tell us what you think of this update at hello@flicktype.groups.io. All feedback is welcome, smile!

What's new:
- Half screen mode now works with VoiceOver. Also introducing an additional "Minimal" keyboard height option.
- During a long press, the height of the top QWERTY row will now be the same as the bottom two rows. Exploring the area above the keyboard will read back your text. Tell us what you think!
- Some low-vision users asked us for a splash of color. The default black background can now be a simple vertical gradient with a color of your choice.
- If you are accidentally invoking the shift function when typing fast with multiple fingers, you can now disable it using the new "Multi-finger tap gestures" setting.

Known issues:
- If you are getting any incorrect announcements, please try setting the iOS VoiceOver "Typing Feedback" for software keyboards to "Characters", or to "Nothing".
- There is a known issue with the "Minimal" option not working correctly inside the container app on the iPhone X.
- Manually typing a word after a new line might insert a space after the first character.
- The keyboard might not work properly on iPad when iOS Zoom is enabled.

Please tell us what works for you and what doesn't, so we can make FlickType better for you!

Happy typing! ☺️


Re: Version 3.0 with half screen mode is out!

Jessica D
 

Hi,

I want the App Store version, but I don’t currently have iTunes credit available.

is the beta safe to use, until I can get more?

Thanks,
Jessica

On Sep 18, 2018, at 7:41 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta and Ashley, I have updated to ios 12 and downloaded the app store version of FlickType. Everything is working well with the exception of an occasional misspoken letter or number when typing manually and the inability to use the FlickType keyboard in financial apps. Once you get those glitches licked, I will have no use for the iOS keyboard!

Right now I am in landscape mode and I am loving how fast I can type with my two thumbs.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Chuck


On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please read the following release notes and tell us what you think of this update at hello@flicktype.groups.io. All feedback is welcome, smile!

What's new:
- Half screen mode now works with VoiceOver. Also introducing an additional "Minimal" keyboard height option.
- During a long press, the height of the top QWERTY row will now be the same as the bottom two rows. Exploring the area above the keyboard will read back your text. Tell us what you think!
- Some low-vision users asked us for a splash of color. The default black background can now be a simple vertical gradient with a color of your choice.
- If you are accidentally invoking the shift function when typing fast with multiple fingers, you can now disable it using the new "Multi-finger tap gestures" setting.

Known issues:
- If you are getting any incorrect announcements, please try setting the iOS VoiceOver "Typing Feedback" for software keyboards to "Characters", or to "Nothing".
- There is a known issue with the "Minimal" option not working correctly inside the container app on the iPhone X.
- Manually typing a word after a new line might insert a space after the first character.
- The keyboard might not work properly on iPad when iOS Zoom is enabled.

Please tell us what works for you and what doesn't, so we can make FlickType better for you!

Happy typing! ☺️



Re: I cannot get rid of the introduction screen. I am canceling the purchase of this subscription.

 

Hi Mary Ellen,

We are sorry to hear you're having troubles. We'd love to hear more about your experience to help us understand what's going on if you have a moment. Have you used the app before? Did this occur after updating to the latest? Have you followed the steps to enable the keyboard as a system-wide keyboard?

Any information you're able to provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Version 3.0 with half screen mode is out!

Chuck Dean
 

Yes, the beta version, build 171 is the same as the app store version.

Chuck

On Sep 18, 2018, at 7:57 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I want the App Store version, but I don’t currently have iTunes credit available.

is the beta safe to use, until I can get more?

Thanks,
Jessica
On Sep 18, 2018, at 7:41 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta and Ashley, I have updated to ios 12 and downloaded the app store version of FlickType. Everything is working well with the exception of an occasional misspoken letter or number when typing manually and the inability to use the FlickType keyboard in financial apps. Once you get those glitches licked, I will have no use for the iOS keyboard!

Right now I am in landscape mode and I am loving how fast I can type with my two thumbs.

Thanks for all your hard work,
Chuck


On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please read the following release notes and tell us what you think of this update at hello@flicktype.groups.io. All feedback is welcome, smile!

What's new:
- Half screen mode now works with VoiceOver. Also introducing an additional "Minimal" keyboard height option.
- During a long press, the height of the top QWERTY row will now be the same as the bottom two rows. Exploring the area above the keyboard will read back your text. Tell us what you think!
- Some low-vision users asked us for a splash of color. The default black background can now be a simple vertical gradient with a color of your choice.
- If you are accidentally invoking the shift function when typing fast with multiple fingers, you can now disable it using the new "Multi-finger tap gestures" setting.

Known issues:
- If you are getting any incorrect announcements, please try setting the iOS VoiceOver "Typing Feedback" for software keyboards to "Characters", or to "Nothing".
- There is a known issue with the "Minimal" option not working correctly inside the container app on the iPhone X.
- Manually typing a word after a new line might insert a space after the first character.
- The keyboard might not work properly on iPad when iOS Zoom is enabled.

Please tell us what works for you and what doesn't, so we can make FlickType better for you!

Happy typing! ☺️




Re: Has FlickType classic been removed from the app store?

 

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to follow up as we now have instructions for accessing the Classic app previously downloaded on the App Store when resetting or getting a new device: App Store, account profile at the top right, purchased, my purchases, not on this iPhone, download FlickType Classic.

If anyone has any trouble please let us know.

Thanks,
Ashley

FlickType Classic

 
Edited

Hi All,

We've temporarily removed FlickType Classic from the App Store as we're doing a test and hoping people will let us know if anything from the Classic app is missing from the demo tab in the FlickType app. In the meantime, if you reset or get a new device, here are instructions for restoring the Classic App while it is not on the App Store: App Store, account profile at the top right, purchased, my purchases, not on this iPhone, download FlickType Classic.

Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!
Ashley

Using in landscape mode

Jack Chen. <misterjackchen@...>
 

Is there any way to use the keyboard in landscape mode as opposed to portrait mode? I find the typing in portrait mode to be too. cramped. I would like to lock my phone in portrait mode but to be able to force flicktype to be in full screen landscape mode.


Jack
Sent from mobile device.ww

Re: Using in landscape mode

Chuck Dean
 

Hello jack,
No, at this time the only way to use FlickType in landscape mode is turn off the orientation lock.
Chuck

On Sep 19, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Jack Chen. <misterjackchen@...> wrote:

Is there any way to use the keyboard in landscape mode as opposed to portrait mode? I find the typing in portrait mode to be too. cramped. I would like to lock my phone in portrait mode but to be able to force flicktype to be in full screen landscape mode.


Jack
Sent from mobile device.ww

Re: Using in landscape mode

Tangela M.
 

Is there any way to use flicktype in landscape mode such that it doesn’t take up the entirety of the screen? I would love to see half screen/minimalist landscape mode implemented, if possible.

Re: Using in landscape mode

 

That is too bad because I rarely want orientation lock off, I guess I won't be using Flicktype in landscape mode. Would be good if they figured out a way to put it in landscape mode even with orientation lcok on, maybe a gesture of some sort.
.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:11 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Using in landscape mode

Hello jack,
No, at this time the only way to use FlickType in landscape mode is turn off the orientation lock.
Chuck

On Sep 19, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Jack Chen. <misterjackchen@...> wrote:

Is there any way to use the keyboard in landscape mode as opposed to portrait mode? I find the typing in portrait mode to be too. cramped. I would like to lock my phone in portrait mode but to be able to force flicktype to be in full screen landscape mode.


Jack
Sent from mobile device.ww

Re: Using in landscape mode

Chuck Dean
 

For a long time I was locked in portrait mode, but for some reason, I do not remember why, I turned it off..

On Sep 19, 2018, at 9:23 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

That is too bad because I rarely want orientation lock off, I guess I won't be using Flicktype in landscape mode. Would be good if they figured out a way to put it in landscape mode even with orientation lcok on, maybe a gesture of some sort.
.

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Dean
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:11 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Using in landscape mode

Hello jack,
No, at this time the only way to use FlickType in landscape mode is turn off the orientation lock.
Chuck

On Sep 19, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Jack Chen. <misterjackchen@...> wrote:

Is there any way to use the keyboard in landscape mode as opposed to portrait mode? I find the typing in portrait mode to be too. cramped. I would like to lock my phone in portrait mode but to be able to force flicktype to be in full screen landscape mode.


Jack
Sent from mobile device.ww





Typing Punctuation

Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...>
 

Hello,
I often enter an address, say info@..., and I swipe right twice
to insert a period. I should tap the numbers icon and then type
period... I would like to use a gesture, say flick right three times
to enter a period without adding a space before the period.
What do you all think?

Re: Typing Punctuation

Ken Clarkg
 

You never swipe right till the whole address is dine and it's a swipe fight and hold which acts like go, you get your period from the keyboard after using a two finger double tap.

On Sep 21, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...> wrote:

Hello,
I often enter an address, say info@..., and I swipe right twice
to insert a period. I should tap the numbers icon and then type
period... I would like to use a gesture, say flick right three times
to enter a period without adding a space before the period.
What do you all think?


Re: Typing Punctuation

JP Shandra
 

Hello,
I have often wondered if this could be added to the punctuation flick list. Having @gmail, @yahoo, etc be pre -set actions.
Like an emoji you can save in settings, maybe you can save your most used .com, or .org.
JP

On Sep 21, 2018, at 8:15 AM, Ken Clarkg <khclark1@...> wrote:


You never swipe right till the whole address is dine and it's a swipe fight and hold which acts like go, you get your period from the keyboard after using a two finger double tap.
On Sep 21, 2018, at 8:25 AM, Canyon Sullivan <canyonsullivan@...> wrote:

Hello,
I often enter an address, say info@..., and I swipe right twice
to insert a period. I should tap the numbers icon and then type
period... I would like to use a gesture, say flick right three times
to enter a period without adding a space before the period.
What do you all think?




how to access flip type in all applications

Patrice <patrice@...>
 

Patrice Maginnis document hi,

I’m having trouble accessing the flick type keyboard on my other applications. I’ve already signed up for a subscription and got a confirmation in my email. I restarted my phone, but I’m really not able to find the flick type option when I go to the next keyboard on the on the active edit field.
Thanks,
Patrice

Re: how to access flip type in all applications

 

Have you gone to Setting > General > Keyboard > Add and added the Flicktype keyboard as a third partykeyboard?

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrice
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 3:41 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType] how to access flip type in all applications



Patrice Maginnis document hi,

I’m having trouble accessing the flick type keyboard on my other applications. I’ve already signed up for a subscription and got a confirmation in my email. I restarted my phone, but I’m really not able to find the flick type option when I go to the next keyboard on the on the active edit field.
Thanks,
Patrice

Yearly subscription

Geovanni Bahena
 

Hi there,
I see that this new version can now have a yearly subscription. I canceled my monthly in order for me to change it to a yearly subscription. However, when going to the upgrade tab, I only see a restore button. I am using VoiceOver if this helps at all. Any help on this would be great as the subscription I canceled will be ending soon and I would not like to be without this great keyboard.